Tourney

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
9-9 is about the best case I can come up with and that by itself would not be enough for a bid. Would likely need at least 2 ACC Tourney wins. All of that is so unlikely that it doesn't even enter into consideration for me.

9-9 would likely get an NIT bid. 8-10 might get an NIT bid but I would want 1 ACC Tourney win to make sure.

Winning at Littlejohn would at least get me to consider thinking about an NIT bid.

I thought 6-7 wins most likely before the season started and haven't really changed my mind yet. Beat Clemson Wednesday and I might start thinking a little higher number, but GT is about a week away from starting a really ugly stretch of games where wins are likely to be few and far between.

I'm just thrilled to see growth in some of the young players.
it gives me more hope for next season. Next season i'm starting to see what i hoped to see when Pastner was first hired which is a solid NIT team that is a potential bubble NCAA team. But we'll talk about that next year.

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
Still a lot of season to play, but we'd have to do REALLY well in conference play to get past the GWU and mutt losses, from a resume standpoint.
GWU is a ranked team, I don't see that being a bad loss. I think 10 wins in ACC is possible and should make us a bubble team.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I think people are forgetting those lil fightin Bulldogs of GWU are going to be a tournament team and ST. Johns also. Id say our worst loss was UGA
For me, one really good game does not yet convince me we will win 8 or 9 ACC games....let’s see what happens in Clemson.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Where are people coming up with this GWU is ranked and/or they're gonna make the Big Dance stuff? Unless they win the Big South conference tourney, they'll be sitting at home in March.

Ramblinwreck07

Jolly Good Fellow
We are not far off from 13-3 with definite tourney hopes. St. John's would have been a victory that the committee would favor. You should never lose to Gardner Webb. But then I'll also throw in the VT loss. We gift wrapped that one and handed it to them on a silver platter. 13-3, 3-0 in the conference with a win over #9 ranked VT is a team that should expect to be in the tourney discussion. Those 3 losses are killer. Ultimately we are what we are, and those type things balance out over the course of the season for a team like ours. Just hate to see opportunities wasted when CJP needs to get us in the dance to help further the rebuild.

GT_EE78

Banned
i'm also thinking that chances are good for dancing next year. That last game put us in a positive trend as both kenpom and sagarin have bumped us up to 10th in acc (ahead of ND and Miami)

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Win any two of GW, NW, UGA, VT, or SJ and we are definitely NIT / outside bubble NCAAT team. Unfortunately we lost all 5, and really shouldn't have. 8-10 in the ACC would be a great year IMO, and we might sneak into the NIT with an ACCT win. need to go 2-1 in the next 3, then find 4 more ACC wins.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
My suggested course of action for all of us:
1) Enjoy the ride thru the ups & downs
2) Enjoy our players develop thru their mistakes
3) Recognize that the coaches are working their asses off, but things don't always work out game to game

So, to summarize, no further need for the gtswarm basketball forum, right?