Top 5 Favorite GT football players of all time.

Rammy

Georgia Tech Fan
Keith Brookings - what was the name of the other LB with KB that year? Duo was awesome
Sean jones- first time as a kid I really remember watching GT; and what stuck out was watching GT vs. Virginia.. Enough said
Ken Swilling.....to my knowledge, first DB in the game that was described as a beast!! Huge for his time
Calvin Johnson: what can you say? Best NFL player by far
Dorsey Levens: remember his NFL career, which represented us well

Boss Ross

Jolly Good Fellow
Honorable mention. Al Richardson. Joe Harris. Jimmy Robinson. Drew Hill. Billy Shaw. Billy Martin. Bill Curry. L Sanford. Pat Swilling. Don Bessilu. Reggie Rutland. So many greats have played at GT!!'

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Doesn't anyone remember watching Lucius Sanford play?

Too little, and too slow, whatever, but on the field, pound-for-pound, Smylie Gebhart was one of the best football players I have ever seen. And what a guy, friend of mine.

RIP Smylie!

Lucius Sanford, as I recall, started at MLB as a true Freshman. At 18 years of age he was almost 30 years of age.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Keith Brooking
Calvin Johnson
Josh Nesbitt
Jemea Thomas
Joe Hamilton

Kelly Campbell, George Godsey were hard to leave off as well as a ton of others.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
O- Shawn Jones, Joe Ham, Jerry Mays, CJ, BayBay
D- Pat Swilling, Ted Roof, Marco Coleman, Willie Clay, Greg Gathers (Coleman Rudolph n Keith Brooking could also easily slide into any of these slots)
Just listing those I've seen with own eyes. So many worthy that weren't listed.

Obviously it is not my place to judge other people's favorites, but I have read several Ken Swilling lovers. If you are going to put down a Swilling on your list, it ought to be Ken's older brother Pat, who was my contemporary. He was the better player. He was actually tied for sixth on my list with Ted Roof, Keith Brooking, and Marco Coleman.
Coleman Rudolf, Larry Stallings, Dave Watson, Don Toner, Mike McNames. Taz Anderson, Mike Fortier.

Yoda

Helluva Engineer
Keith Brookings - what was the name of the other LB with KB that year? Duo was awesome
Sean jones- first time as a kid I really remember watching GT; and what stuck out was watching GT vs. Virginia.. Enough said
Ken Swilling.....to my knowledge, first DB in the game that was described as a beast!! Huge for his time
Calvin Johnson: what can you say? Best NFL player by far
Dorsey Levens: remember his NFL career, which represented us well
Ron Rogers. He used to date a girl that lived below me in Milledgeville. He was a large boy.

turfjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Impossible to list just five:

Willie Clay
Coleman Rudolph
Marco Coleman
Brooking
Ron Rogers
Shawn Jones
Robert Lavette
Mike Mooney
Kevin Battle
PJ Daniels
Kelly Rhino
Joe Hamilton

I could never truly do a favorites list.