Top 5 Favorite GT football players of all time.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
(My list will be more modern because I'm only 16 and have only been seriously watching for 7 years)
1. Josh Nesbitt
2. Demarious Thomas
3. Calvin Johnson
4. Robbie Godhigh
5. Synjyn Days
Others
Quayshawn Nealy
Tevin Washington
Orwin Smith
DJ White
Adam Gotsis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
(My list will be more modern because I'm only 16 and have only been seriously watching for 7 years)
1. Josh Nesbitt
2. Demarious Thomas
3. Calvin Johnson
4. Robbie Godhigh
5. Synjyn Days
Others
Quayshawn Nealy
Tevin Washington
Orwin Smith
DJ White
Adam Gotsis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oops... *Demaryious

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I think this post is very telling of each fan's age

1. Joe Hamilton
2. Calvin Johnson
3. Greg Gathers
4. Kelly Campbell
5. Kelly Rhino

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
There are many favorites so my method of sorting is to look back and try to remember a player that I had such confidence in that I expected, if there was a play to be made involving them, they were going to get their part right 100% of the time.

1. Eddie Lee Ivory
2. Calvin Johnson
3. Randy Rhino
4. Shawn Jones
5. Rock Perdoni

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Interesting that the most favorite of all time doesn't name anyone who dates back to the day before yesterday.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Brent Cunningham was 5-6 or 5-7 at best, but , man was he put together. Blazing speed. Out of Eatonton in Putnam County. He was hard to see coming out of the backfield, and so fast that all he needed was that moment of indecision by the defense, and he was gone. Big, big heart. I had several classes with him and I bet I heard him speak less than 100 words in 3 years.
Yes. I don't know what Cunningham's 40 time was (they didn't obsess on that in his day), but it must have been less then 4.4. I saw him in a track meet up at USCe when I was in grad school. He was in the 100 (yards in those days) and was two lengths ahead at 40 yards. And he came in second for all that. One of my favorites.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Yes. I don't know what Cunningham's 40 time was (they didn't obsess on that in his day), but it must have been less then 4.4. I saw him in a track meet up at USCe when I was in grad school. He was in the 100 (yards in those days) and was two lengths ahead at 40 yards. And he came in second for all that. One of my favorites.
Not sure where to find it but there is video of his record breaking game against Clemson. After that game retired coach Bobby Dodd said he was the best running back he had ever seen at Tech. If someone would post it I would love to see it again.

GTHOSCHTON

Jolly Good Fellow
Eddie Lee Ivory
Joe Hamilton
Calvin Johnson
Lucius Sanford
and a SWARM of Yellow Jackets who deserve to be on the lit but to many to name!!!

GTFLETCH

Banned
1. Calvin Johnson
2. Shawn Jones
3. Joe Hamilton
4. Adam Gostis
5. Robbie Godhigh

ALL TIME FAVORITE SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER:
Harrison Butker-- Will always remember the 53-yard field goal that sent the game in Athens into overtime!!!!!!

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Ha! Not old enough to know Lothridge belongs on that list.

Good point but I was trying to have a mix of offense and defense (I hate that offensive players tend to dominate this type of list) and Joe Hamilton edged Lothridge out in my mind as he was so much fun to watch and should own a Heisman. Lenny Snow was also a consideration from that era but Cunningham was more exciting. I didn't pick an offensive lineman but partly because I watched him play in high school, I would pick Rick Lantz over the refrigerator mover.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
1. Shawn Jones. The first college football player I idolized as a little kid. Remember practicing Jones's patented roll outs and heaving bombs in my backyard as a little kid.

2. Donne Davis. When I first started following recruiting heavily, Donnie Davis was the first "big" recruiting win I remember GT getting. #2 overall rated QB in the nation at the time. I still contend that Davis was born a decade too early for his talents. Dude would have been a star in today's spread offenses (Or if Friedgen actually got to coach him).

3. Marco Coleman. First defensive player to make me realize...oh, stud defensive players are just as important as stud offensive players. Dude was a beast.

4. Calvin Johnson. No explanations needed.

5. Sean Bedford. Epitome of Student Athlete. Self made SA that willed his way to a scholarship and All conference honors. Also majored in one of the hardest engineering disciplines at GT and graduating with honors, all the while leading our most important unit on offense. Great story and role model for SAs.