Top 5 Favorite GT football players of all time.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
This is a clear indicator of ages of board members. I took this as "Top 5 people I've cheered for the most"

1. Roddy Jones
2. Josh Nesbitt
3. Calvin Johnson
4. Michael Johnson
5. Tashard Choice

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
1. Shawn Jones. The first college football player I idolized as a little kid. Remember practicing Jones's patented roll outs and heaving bombs in my backyard as a little kid.

2. Donne Davis. When I first started following recruiting heavily, Donnie Davis was the first "big" recruiting win I remember GT getting. #2 overall rated QB in the nation at the time. I still contend that Davis was born a decade too early for his talents. Dude would have been a star in today's spread offenses (Or if Friedgen actually got to coach him).

3. Marco Coleman. First defensive player to make me realize...oh, stud defensive players are just as important as stud offensive players. Dude was a beast.

4. Calvin Johnson. No explanations needed.

5. Sean Bedford. Epitome of Student Athlete. Self made SA that willed his way to a scholarship and All conference honors. Also majored in one of the hardest engineering disciplines at GT and graduating with honors, all the while leading our most important unit on offense. Great story and role model for SAs.
And blew it all by becoming a lawyer. Oh, the shame of it all.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Good point but I was trying to have a mix of offense and defense (I hate that offensive players tend to dominate this type of list) and Joe Hamilton edged Lothridge out in my mind as he was so much fun to watch and should own a Heisman. Lenny Snow was also a consideration from that era but Cunningham was more exciting. I didn't pick an offensive lineman but partly because I watched him play in high school, I would pick Rick Lantz over the refrigerator mover.

No argument. Its really not possible to narrow down a list of 5 when there were so many stars over the last 70 years, especially when you consider how much the game has changed and how much better and bigger the athletes are today.

chrsw003

Jolly Good Fellow
1.Joe Hamilton
2.Calvin Johnson
3.Demaryius Thomas
Tied for fourth-Morgan Burnett,Kelly Campbell,Dwyer,Nesbitt,Justin Thomas,Tony Hollings,Tashard Choice,Michael Johnson

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
This is a clear indicator of ages of board members. I took this as "Top 5 people I've cheered for the most"

1. Roddy Jones
2. Josh Nesbitt
3. Calvin Johnson
4. Michael Johnson
5. Tashard Choice
Lists like this illustrate why baseball HOF voters can't elect any old-timers. In this case, going back to the '50s. A fun exercise but that only.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
Just can't make myself pick 5. Calvin,Little Joe,Eddie Lee Ivory,Shaq Mason,BB Thomas on offense. Mackel Harris, L. Sanford, Pat Swilling, Marco Coleman,Daryl Smith on D.

gt3191

Georgia Tech Fan
1. Kelly Campbell
2. Joe Hamilton
3. Calvin Johnson
4. Kelly Rhino
5. Josh Nesbitt
6. Tashard Choice
7. George Godsey
8. Luke Manget
9. Phillip Wheeler
10. Robert Godhigh

hwdgeplague

Jolly Good Fellow
70's Eddie Lee Lucius Sanford
80's Gary Lee Ricardo Ingram
90's William Bell Ken Swilling
00's Calvin Phillip Wheeler
10's Justin Thomas DJ White

My apologies to the hundred others who could be here as well. Someone start a thread on the top 5 opponents you saw against Tech! ;)