Todd Gurley?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
@daBuzz

@ColemanESPN: "@JasonPhilCole: Got two text messages from NFL folks saying UGA RB Todd Gurley will still likely be a 1st-round pick even with ACL injury."

Who knows what happens this point.. But he won't go too late IMO. 2-3.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Well , I prefer to play uga without Todd gurley. I wish him well in recovery and the NFL.

I'd like to play Uga WITH Todd Gurley. But only IF he were wearing a Tech uniform and lined up at the Bback position.:)Hate it for him, he was a special back. when you look at guys like him and Marcus Lattimore and Calvin Johnson and Andrew Luck (i.e. guys who are surefire locks to make a lot of money playing FB), it does make you respect them for going out and giving their best on the college level given the potential for injury. yes there is insurance but....

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
We are going to have to sell out on the run and let our d backs play man to man. The key to stopping any strong runner is to tackle them low around the ankles and hold on until the rest of the gang can come up and polish him off. We just need to stay low, create a pile and swarm to the ball. Florida and South Carolina developed the template on how to stop or at least slow down the UGA running game. We just need to follow it.

Go Jackets!
We're better at this than dealing with a mobile QB, IMO.

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
Hopefully they'll give Chubb the rock another 45 times in their next game and he'll start getting wore down before us and is gassed by the middle of the 3rd

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
@daBuzz

@ColemanESPN: "@JasonPhilCole: Got two text messages from NFL folks saying UGA RB Todd Gurley will still likely be a 1st-round pick even with ACL injury."

Who knows what happens this point.. But he won't go too late IMO. 2-3.
Wow. Personally, I doubt that will happen (1st round) but I'm surprised that is being written.

With the NFL salary cap the way it is, teams must get a player who can play immediately with the first second and third round pick. If he is unable to play for the majority of his rookie year, I would think a fourth or fifth round pick one would still be fairly aggressive.

mkemkay

Georgia Tech Fan
Wow. Personally, I doubt that will happen (1st round) but I'm surprised that is being written.

With the NFL salary cap the way it is, teams must get a player who can play immediately with the first second and third round pick. If he is unable to play for the majority of his rookie year, I would think a fourth or fifth round pick one would still be fairly aggressive.
On a positive note for the kid, even if he falls out of the first round, UGA took out quite an insurance policy.

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=11888065

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
interestingly enough i just heard that ugag upped his insurance 2 weeks ago, i'm going to go ahead and call this......huge insurance fraud scam upcoming lol