Todd Gurley?

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
From body language of trainers and staff along with the non contact injury I think it was his acl. Dumb move on his part to come back to school at all, or at least to play football. He had nothing to gain and everything to lose. Chubb is pretty darn good and Gurley is great, but wasn't really needed for them to win games. Fine with me if he's out for our game. I don't wish any bad injury on anyone but... It is UGAg

Bennett

Jolly Good Fellow
Fwiw I just saw the a replay of the Gurley injury and it doesn't look like an ACL injury to me. I could be wrong but it looks like he just hit his knee and bruised it

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
(1) I doubt it was an ACL. He walked off the sideline late in the game to go to the dressing room, but wasn't really limping much. I too am guessing more of a bruise than any serious damage;
(2) Chubb looked like the MUCH better back to me than Gurley. Perhaps not quite as much speed, but better elusiveness and power.
(3) Overall, UGa's blowout win scared me. A lot. They played AU's option runs extremely well, and to me that was a very bad sign for us. Florida used a power running game to beat Georgia, but Auburn's option went no where. Part of that is motivation....Auburn looked like their loss to Texas A&M last week had deflated the whole team and they weren't really interested in playing hard with their primary objectives for the year gone up in a rash of fumbles. But still, The Dwags (sic) looked awfully strong last night.

Llowe1973

Georgia Tech Fan
FWIW...I had an ACL injury while skiing - I was able to walk on it very quickly and gently ski on it the next day. After initial tear, it doesn't hurt - it is just weak and lacks stability. I guess we will know soon enough the fate of Gurley's year.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Just call me "doubting Thomasina" because I wouldn't be surprised if there was no injury at all. UGAg did not miss a step while he was out so he has no incentive to play. It won't break my heart if he sits out the rest of the season. #THWG

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Hearing it was an ACL. Walking around is not an indication at all. You can walk off the field with an ACL tear. In fact, Aaron Murray played on a torn ACL last year.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Regardless the dwags are going to be a handful in 2 weeks. Gurley is a special back and I'd rather have him the sidelines with his physical gifts right there with him. I hate to see any player get hurt but these things happen as we witnessed in the game yesterday. Chubb is a very good back but Gurley is special!

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
it totally can be an ligament. That knee stuck and buckled. It may not be a tear...it could be a strain or pull or even a MCL....its not a bruise lol, No one hit him when he pulled it up.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
If Rev Richt truly cares about his players as much as portrayed then why would he have ever let this kid step on the field again as a collegian and risk his NFL future?