Todd Gurley?

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
If Rev Richt truly cares about his players as much as portrayed then why would he have ever let this kid step on the field again as a collegian and risk his NFL future?

I don't know, could it be due to the fact Gurley wanted to play? Not being a dwag booster at all but when you have a player that's 100% healthy and wants to be in there it's kinda hard to sit hit down. There's nothing about the dwags I like but I don't see that st mark did anything wrong other than maybe leaving him in when the game was won.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
If Rev Richt truly cares about his players as much as portrayed then why would he have ever let this kid step on the field again as a collegian and risk his NFL future?

While I agree it's questionable how much the Rev truly cares about these guys, I'm not sure Gurley playing was an issue. I mean, if you held guys because they might get hurt, none of them would play.

Now, his family's intelligence should be called into question. I was sure Lattimore's "career" and eventual retirement would've been a cautionary tale for them. If that were my son I'd have him working out in FL or AZ right now in one of those pre-draft facilities where all the future draft picks go. I would've crated an apology letter to the bulldog fans and they would've eventually understood (after having the literate one recite it to them - SWIDT).

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I have torn both my ACL's and walking isn't indicator of a tear. I pitched half a season on a partially torn ACL and pitched the other half on a torn ACL.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
We are going to have to sell out on the run and let our d backs play man to man. The key to stopping any strong runner is to tackle them low around the ankles and hold on until the rest of the gang can come up and polish him off. We just need to stay low, create a pile and swarm to the ball. Florida and South Carolina developed the template on how to stop or at least slow down the UGA running game. We just need to follow it.

Go Jackets!

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
@ProFootballDoc: By video analysis, TODD GURLEY @FootballUGA appears to tear his left knee ACL in 1st game back. Really hope I am wrong and the film lies.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
@ProFootballDoc: Expect X-rays on TODD GURLEY to be negative. Lateral pain he complains of consistent with bone bruise as result of ACL tear. @FootballUGA

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
The Jackets have to prepare for UGA like Gurley is going to play regardless of whether he does or not because Chubb, in all honesty, has played as well as, or better than, him as a RB. HOWEVER, from what I've seen, Chubb hasn't proven to be as good as a receiver out of the backfield or blocker as Gurley, so in the event he can't go, and Chubb is THE man, then I fully expect our defense to play very similar to how we played against Miami and Duke Johnson and try to force the passing game to beat us, especially since our DB's have really stepped it up lately.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
The biggest difference I see between Gurley and Chubb is size. Other than that, they are pretty comparable. Which is going to be tough to prepare for. We can with the game if we can put together a performance like we did against Miami...keep them off the field.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I don't know, could it be due to the fact Gurley wanted to play? Not being a dwag booster at all but when you have a player that's 100% healthy and wants to be in there it's kinda hard to sit hit down. There's nothing about the dwags I like but I don't see that st mark did anything wrong other than maybe leaving him in when the game was won.

After the suspension, two bad losses eliminating them from the playoffs, and how well Chubb has played there was absolutely no reason for him to ever play for ugag again........nothing to gain, but everything to lose

motynes

Jolly Good Fellow
I think this was pretty ridiculous as this game certainly in hand and that was way to many carries for 1. t the game to be in hand and 2. his first game back after a long layoff. Some of these coaches amaze me.

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
WSB sports lead Zack Klein just tweeted that "Every source" he has says Gurley has torn acl. Waiting on confirmation...

franklinjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Boss Bailey ran off the field with a torn ACL. A torn ACL doesn't really affect you in a straight line, it provides lateral stability.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
never wish ill on these kids. especially when they are fighting for bigger dreams. that being said, having to prepare for one back instead of two makes a huge difference imo . especially in the 4th quarter when everyone is tired and they can't sub in a fresh running back.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
While I agree it's questionable how much the Rev truly cares about these guys, I'm not sure Gurley playing was an issue. I mean, if you held guys because they might get hurt, none of them would play.

Now, his family's intelligence should be called into question. I was sure Lattimore's "career" and eventual retirement would've been a cautionary tale for them. If that were my son I'd have him working out in FL or AZ right now in one of those pre-draft facilities where all the future draft picks go. I would've crated an apology letter to the bulldog fans and they would've eventually understood (after having the literate one recite it to them - SWIDT).
What would a 5-10mil insurance policy have cost for Gurley?