Time to use this title. Pressley Harvin :(

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I don't think it is dramatic at all.

I think losing last years best player would be detrimental on many levels. If he has tested positive and is so sick he needs to announce it on social media. One would think he is in no shape to playin the FSU game. The GA state player is out for the year.

This can have serious complications to Harvin. Death is usually not a worry, but chronic issues can be extremely worrisome.

Treat the virus as a close to worst case scenario and hope for the best. Any other way would be naive. Like I said, death is not so much the issue as we have learned over the past 6 months. It is the permanent complications that are the big issue. Things that can lead to bigger issues. It is known to cause completely healthy people to have kidney damage, cardiovascular issues, and lung damage. This definitely causes more permanent issues than the common flu.

I "apologize" for the title, but this could end up meaning he is out for the year. Several players are sitting the year in fear of catching it, let alone once they catch it. Clemson's DE caught it early on, and has struggled to get back into shape since March.

Just wanted to share what I saw, and hope the GT community can rally behind our player. We need to pray and send good thoughts for an extremely intelligent and respectful young man. As we NEVER know someones battles. (We learned this recently with Chadwick Boseman) Give people benefit of the doubt on struggles.

So frustrating because so MANY just want to ignore this inconvenient truth (in bold from your well written post) - it won't be everyone, but it could be anyone.

Deleted member 2897

I think losing last years best player would be detrimental on many levels. If he has tested positive and is so sick he needs to announce it on social media. One would think he is in no shape to playin the FSU game. The GA state player is out for the year.

This can have serious complications to Harvin. Death is usually not a worry, but chronic issues can be extremely worrisome.

Treat the virus as a close to worst case scenario and hope for the best. Any other way would be naive. Like I said, death is not so much the issue as we have learned over the past 6 months. It is the permanent complications that are the big issue. Things that can lead to bigger issues. It is known to cause completely healthy people to have kidney damage, cardiovascular issues, and lung damage. This definitely causes more permanent issues than the common flu.

This is way off the deep end.

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
How can we determine this virus causes something permanent, when less than 10 months ago, this virus didn't exist?

I wasn't sure if you were trolling or being serious earlier but now I'm leaning towards trolling. Honeycombed lungs, heart damage, etc are all permanent and it doesn't really matter what caused it. I'm sure there is some clever person asking how we can know getting run over by a Tesla Model Y causes permanent death even though the Model Y has been out less than a year.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
I wasn't sure if you were trolling or being serious earlier but now I'm leaning towards trolling. Honeycombed lungs, heart damage, etc are all permanent and it doesn't really matter what caused it. I'm sure there is some clever person asking how we can know getting run over by a Tesla Model Y causes permanent death even though the Model Y has been out less than a year.
I wish someone would run me over sometimes.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I hope Percy recovers and that the lasting effects are minimal. I don't doubt that if his case is severe enough there will be some, but he could see a full recovery, despite this.

Get well soon, Percy! We're all behind you!

TaxJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Going based off the AJC, was that post even about him??? We haven't had a person test positive in 2 weeks. If he was on day 8 of symptoms he would have tested positive over the past two weeks

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Going based off the AJC, was that post even about him??? We haven't had a person test positive in 2 weeks. If he was on day 8 of symptoms he would have tested positive over the past two weeks
That is the big question.

It sure seems like he was referring to himself.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer

That AJC report says that the athletes are tested weekly. It doesn't say how soon the results are available. It doesn't say what day of the week.

It is possible that he became sick on the 23rd, and that he wasn't tested until later in the week. That would mean that on the 25th, when the AJC report was written that no athletes had tested positive.

It is possible that he is referring to a relative or loved one and hasn't tested positive.

People are making too hard of conclusions based on too little evidence.

Either way, it doesn't affect me directly and I don't feel as though I have a right to an explanation. I do hope the Pressley or his loved one recovers well and quickly.