Time to use this title. Pressley Harvin :(

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Hate to share this, but as its on social media I thought I'd pass it on.
Keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Never know how it will effect someone. Could be flu like symptoms to permanent heart/lung issues.

Keep it clean in the comments and let's just keep it classy by sharing prayers and good thoughts. I hope for a speedy recovery.
Screenshot_20200831-002101_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200831-001752_Instagram.jpg

Deleted member 2897

I find this interesting considering the school recently announced no positive tests in athletics for the last 14 days. So how does he have terrible symptoms for 8 straight days and (by his post) we haven’t had a positive test in 19 days?

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
I find this interesting considering the school recently announced no positive tests in athletics for the last 14 days. So how does he have terrible symptoms for 8 straight days and (by his post) we haven’t had a positive test in 19 days?

Possible he was referring to friend or family member. Or that he tested positive more than 14 days ago before onset of symptoms.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Possible he was referring to friend or family member. Or that he tested positive more than 14 of symptoms.

Iirc, he was one of the student athletes on the August 20 press conference. So, presumably, he hadn't tested positive as of then. Could be he had symptoms but hasn't/hadn't tested positive as of the last report.

Or he previously tested positive and this is a recurrence of symptoms. Or he's talking about someone else.

Regardless, get well soon Pressley. (Or Pressley's loved one)

Deleted member 2897

Possible he was referring to friend or family member. Or that he tested positive more than 14 days ago before onset of symptoms.

Yea the math makes no sense. If he’s had symptoms for 8 days as of yesterday, that means he had to have tested positive more than 19 days earlier (based on the press release) or he still hasn’t tested positive. Or I suppose he was very sick for a few days before getting tested...but that would make for a pretty misleading press statement. He does have one of the biggest risk factors - he’s about 40-50 pounds overweight.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Yea the math makes no sense. If he’s had symptoms for 8 days as of yesterday, that means he had to have tested positive more than 19 days earlier (based on the press release) or he still hasn’t tested positive. Or I suppose he was very sick for a few days before getting tested...but that would make for a pretty misleading press statement. He does have one of the biggest risk factors - he’s about 40-50 pounds overweight.
My significant other is a gymnast at a power 5 school. She was horrifically sick for about ten days and isn't a pound overweight, so I really doubt that the fact that he's a little overweight is playing a role here bro. And chill on the detective work, just believe the kid.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
It was vague as in day 8 of symptoms... maybe a loved one? I could of jumped the gun?
Just seems odd to post that. Anyone would assume he is referring to himself.

Deleted member 2897

My significant other is a gymnast at a power 5 school. She was horrifically sick for about ten days and isn't a pound overweight, so I really doubt that the fact that he's a little overweight is playing a role here bro. And chill on the detective work, just believe the kid.

I have a cousin who is perfectly fit who was sick for 17 days. Terribly sick. I’m not calling him a liar. I’m wondering why our press release doesn’t make sense.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I have a cousin who is perfectly fit who was sick for 17 days. Terribly sick. I’m not calling him a liar. I’m wondering why our press release doesn’t make sense.

I wish more of these serious events with young people would get out in the media - I realize many more of the young people are having light to no symptoms, but it is important for our citizens, young and old alike, realize this thing is serious and it is kind of like "Russian Roulette".

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Maybe he's just sick. Does it HAVE to be covid? Couldn't it be a summer cold that all of us know sucks.

He specifically says to take "this virus" seriously, which always means covid. I mean, I guess he could be assuming that he has it but hasn't tested positive.

I dunno.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
To hell with your title. I just woke up. Dont do that to me!
Agreed. Could have put "Pressley Harvin Sickness" or something more descriptive, every time someone just puts the players name it makes people assume the worst - that they have either left the team or died. Neither of these things have happened.

bos

Helluva Engineer
Either this title is dramatic or I have terrible anxiety right now. I thought it was something much worse. He'll be alright.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I don't think it is dramatic at all.

I think losing last years best player would be detrimental on many levels. If he has tested positive and is so sick he needs to announce it on social media. One would think he is in no shape to playin the FSU game. The GA state player is out for the year.

This can have serious complications to Harvin. Death is usually not a worry, but chronic issues can be extremely worrisome.

Treat the virus as a close to worst case scenario and hope for the best. Any other way would be naive. Like I said, death is not so much the issue as we have learned over the past 6 months. It is the permanent complications that are the big issue. Things that can lead to bigger issues. It is known to cause completely healthy people to have kidney damage, cardiovascular issues, and lung damage. This definitely causes more permanent issues than the common flu.

I "apologize" for the title, but this could end up meaning he is out for the year. Several players are sitting the year in fear of catching it, let alone once they catch it. Clemson's DE caught it early on, and has struggled to get back into shape since March.

Just wanted to share what I saw, and hope the GT community can rally behind our player. We need to pray and send good thoughts for an extremely intelligent and respectful young man. As we NEVER know someones battles. (We learned this recently with Chadwick Boseman) Give people benefit of the doubt on struggles.