Time to break in a new uniform thread - 2022 edition

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I want to admit - as a huge GT blue hater - I will concede that the blues do look good this year. They still look like jerseys 60+ FBS teams could be wearing though. I could take one look at these and not be sure whether I'm watching Akron, Toledo, Navy, Pitt, etc

How many people turn on a game at Neyland and wonder what team they are watching?

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I want to admit - as a huge GT blue hater - I will concede that the blues do look good this year. They still look like jerseys 60+ FBS teams could be wearing though. I could take one look at these and not be sure whether I'm watching Akron, Toledo, Navy, Pitt, etc

How many people turn on a game at Neyland and wonder what team they are watching?
One addendum onto this:

we have literally the most unique color in FBS. Literally nobody in the entire country wears old gold. **** dude, Coastal Carolina is about to pass us in football prestige/recruiting because of a teal field and actual identity. And they play in the Sun Belt.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

A lot of people

usa_today_16924169.0.jpg

9853095.jpg

Gold1

Helluva Engineer

Yep. Why would we want to look Georgia southern? Nobody has provided a good answer

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
They don’t wear and promote gray as their main color. Every time you bring this same point up and it flops EVERY TIME

You cry more than a teenage girl about colors. A primary color that has been a part of GT history since the 50s. Maybe it’s you that is the problem and not the institute. Your perceived idea of tradition is not you think it is.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
This year's navy uniforms are the best ones we have had in a long while. The design elements are simple, classic, and very much GT. Just take a look below between the new navy and Georgia Southern's home uniform. It's pretty clear which one belongs to Tech and it's really not even close. For starter's, we have the interlocking GT on the base of the neckline, GSU has nothing. We have TV numbers, GSU does not. We have shoulder stripes, GSU does not. Our numbers have a gold outline, GSU has no number outline. Our number font is different than GSU. Also, the big interlocking GT on the helmet is a pretty big giveaway. There's nothing non-GT about these uniforms. They are just as much GT as our gold ones and white ones.

1660826723244.png
1660826814718.png

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
This year's navy uniforms are the best ones we have had in a long while. The design elements are simple, classic, and very much GT. Just take a look below between the new navy and Georgia Southern's home uniform. It's pretty clear which one belongs to Tech and it's really not even close. For starter's, we have the interlocking GT on the base of the neckline, GSU has nothing. We have TV numbers, GSU does not. We have shoulder stripes, GSU does not. Our numbers have a gold outline, GSU has no number outline. Our number font is different than GSU. Also, the big interlocking GT on the helmet is a pretty big giveaway. There's nothing non-GT about these uniforms. They are just as much GT as our gold ones and white ones.

View attachment 12838 View attachment 12839
And just watch the goal posts move in 3...2...1...

CEB

Helluva Engineer

View attachment 12838 View attachment 12839
I don’t disagree with anything you said.... I also don’t think anyone was aspiring to look like or worried about being confused with GSU.
But I do like our unis... hope they still look good to me in November!

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
I don’t disagree with anything you said.... I also don’t think anyone was aspiring to look like or worried about being confused with GSU.
But I do like our unis... hope they still look good to me in November!
Not trying to call him out, just answering his post and showing how we look vastly different than GSU. Which, oddly enough, they have gold, white, and navy as their colors. They just have navy has the primary and gold and white as tertiaries.
Yep. Why would we want to look Georgia southern? Nobody has provided a good answer

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Not trying to call him out, just answering his post and showing how we look vastly different than GSU. Which, oddly enough, they have gold, white, and navy as their colors. They just have navy has the primary and gold and white as tertiaries.

Its actually even more similar than that. Southern's colors are blue and white the gold has actually been an unofficial color until in the late 2000s. The sports teams Used white Interlocking GS for most of their symbols until the Eagle symbol was added after they were a university. The difference is they have always had the same colors. (our gold varied wildly over the course of our history) and basically they stick as close to their traditional recycled auburn practice jersey with a tape stripe on the helmet uniform as possibel except for 3 games a year where they do alternates. Usually they have an alternate for Military Appreciation day. They have one with pink in it for one game in october. And they have a grey/charcoal one for halloween games they've used. Which is the "traditions" uniform. This one usually has an alternate helmet. One year they even did a helmet that looked like a leather helmet to remember when they had football prior to ww2.

The Academic logo always had gold in it though. It was just the sports teams that stuck to blue and white for awhile.