Time to break in a new uniform thread - 2022 edition

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Well, what "matters" to me and other older alumni I guess. I realize it doesn't matter to younger fans and players, most likely. Tradition has gone the way of the dodo bird.
I don’t disagree, I’m still trying to understand the level of “mattering” to you though. Do player uniforms matter more than the team running out behind the Wreck? Less than the Grant Field transition from grass to turf? Does looking good the whole season while winning five games matter more than wearing navy honeycomb with eight wins? About the level of mattering as the walk down Yellow Jacket Alley? More important than the in-game Budweiser song?

Legitimately trying to understand the level of importance uniforms have to our older fans (I’ve been graduated for about a decade). I wish we wore traditional uniforms too, probably more so than most alumni my age.

But I also don’t care THAT much, maybe because I’m young enough where I have more important things to worry about (establishing career, family, etc). Maybe because I haven’t been attached to the program for over 50 years. Maybe because the times when I do “worry” about this program, more aspects than the uniforms “matter” to me (i.e. concern me).

I’m not even trying to say I don’t care about the program, anyone on this site after nine wins in three years cares about the program. I just can’t wrap my head around the level of “mattering” regarding what the players wear. I could make a case that the limited Adidas fan gear “matters” more to our fans than what the players wear a few times a year.

brian22

Jolly Good Fellow
Funniest thing I saw over the weekend is the volleyball team is hold the Gold and White scrimmage. Yet what color are their New Jersey’s? White and Blue. Its just laughable at this point tbh
You might have a problem, dude. You’ve been yelling the same thing for years now. We hear you. None of us have any control.

kalld12

Banned
I'm surprised no-one here as posted a link from Jeff Sims IG, he's in the blue jerseys and man do THEY look sharp. From everything I've seen, i think were wearing BLUE against Clemson.

DaDodd

Jolly Good Fellow
There is no jersey tradition at GT. That is what makes the baseless outrage funny.
There was until 2008. Tech had the same uniform template for over 50 years until Russell changed the template in 2008. While there may have been some different uniforms occasionally. The main template (either white, gold, navy, or black) of uniform was the same. Tech always wore white at home. Due to an NCAA rule change in the 80s Tech had to wear a dark colored uniform. Gold and white were not allowed. Hints the black and Navy jerseys. In 1994 with the help of LSU the rule change changed and Tech went back to wearing white at home. Even under CPJ Tech wore white at home.

That said, can you please come back and coach the defense for us?

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
I have noticed lots of interviews and media referencing the navy and white, including the butker interview and a recent swarmtalk YouTube video with Bryce coon talking about Jeff sims

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
53E39751-5A17-4BCE-AEF6-70921A3C355D.jpeg

White helmets with the new stripe (no stinger). Watching the 1990 bowl game this am on ACCN, they really did a great job at making a modern version of that uni for this season.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
View attachment 12828
White helmets with the new stripe (no stinger). Watching the 1990 bowl game this am on ACCN, they really did a great job at making a modern version of that uni for this season.
I think the stripe and logo are the metallic gold that's the same as what's on the pants. If we are wearing these for the Clemson game, I hope we wear gold pants to at least have some gold somewhere.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
Those white helmets look better with gold facemasks. Big ups on replacing the stinger with solid stripe. That said I hope they are only worn when we wear the gold jerseys or for the whiteout game. Gold hats are GT.

BTW, have they given us a date for the whiteout game yet? UCF seems pretty ideal if we can get them to wear their black uniforms in the September heat!

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Those white helmets look better with gold facemasks. Big ups on replacing the stinger with solid stripe. That said I hope they are only worn when we wear the gold jerseys or for the whiteout game. Gold hats are GT.

BTW, have they given us a date for the whiteout game yet? UCF seems pretty ideal if we can get them to wear their black uniforms in the September heat!
Since UCF is a road game with ACC refs, I'm fairly certain we wear white.