Thoughts on UGA game rewatch

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
3iar and Richt is gone imo
I honestly think it would take more than that. He just came off a season where he lost to GT, got blown out by an awful Florida team, lost to SC again, didn't even make the conference championship game when they were heavy favorites to do so and he got a raise and an extension at the end of the year. Not only would he have to lose to GT but he will probably have to lose to Florida a few more times and have some 7-8 win seasons to feel any real heat at all.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
I honestly think it would take more than that. He just came off a season where he lost to GT, got blown out by an awful Florida team, lost to SC again, didn't even make the conference championship game when they were heavy favorites to do so and he got a raise and an extension at the end of the year. Not only would he have to lose to GT but he will probably have to lose to Florida a few more times and have some 7-8 win seasons to feel any real heat at all.

As it should be. Firing a guy because he can 'only' provide 10 win seasons is ridiculous.

The GT fan base's worst nightmare would be for the mutts to fire St. Richt while still winning 10 games a season and have his replacement immediately win a natty. The mutt's sense of entitlement would go plaid
opisz9prxa4kfisockd4.jpg

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
If we beat them this year (spoiler alert: we will) Richt will be lucky to make it to next year. If we beat them again, he'll be fired. They tolerate losing to anyone except us.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
As it should be. Firing a guy because he can 'only' provide 10 win seasons is ridiculous.
I'm not so sure I agree in this day and age. Especially with programs that have the ability to recruit really well. Would Alabama, or Ohio St fans be happy with 7 straight years of 10 win seasons that didn't have conference titles or even major bowl games? Should they be happy with it?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
One of our guys got some payback on that last year. Was it Golden that slammed the mutt?

Golden's hit on the Miss St option play was one of me favorite plays of the year. He can bring the lumber.

Legal Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
While I'd love to see them get rid of Richt I don't think the part of their fanbase that matters would get rid of him that quickly.

Don't get me wrong, there is a large contingent that wants to get rid of him. The problem is the people that have money (coincidentally, their fans that have teeth and don't smell their own farts), are a little more patient. They recognize that Richt is 136-48 with 2 BCS wins. They would have been in playoff contention in 2002, 2005, 2007, and 2012. Also, don't forget, uga lost 8 of 10 games against Florida to start his career. It may be worse losing to us, but they don't like losing to Florida either. As long as he continues to win 9-10 games like clockwork, they won't get rid of him. The only time his seat came close to hot was when they went 14-12 over a two season span.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
One of our guys got some payback on that last year. Was it Golden that slammed the mutt?

Golden's hit on the Miss St option play was one of me favorite plays of the year. He can bring the lumber.
I thought it was one of the Austins slamming one of their WRs, but I could be wrong.
Edit: And it appears I was wrong...thanks for the reminder vamos!

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
One thing I liked on watching the replay, the announcers early on mentioned that UGA wants to put a lot of hits on JT when he drops back because that makes him start throwing INTs. That's solid logic, except for the fact that he'd only thrown 4 INTs the entire year up to that point (11 games). That rate is up there with the best QBs in the country, btw.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Just watched the 4th quarter, and seeing ZL pick up lots of yards in trash after dodging the first tackle attempt got me excited. He was very good at that. That was not SD's forte, nor have we had a BB who was great at that aspect in the last few years. I believe MM will do this instinctively, and when he couples that with breakaway speed and power... Can't wait.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
One thing I liked on watching the replay, the announcers early on mentioned that UGA wants to put a lot of hits on JT when he drops back because that makes him start throwing INTs. That's solid logic, except for the fact that he'd only thrown 4 INTs the entire year up to that point (11 games). That rate is up there with the best QBs in the country, btw.
That is laughable. Keep bringing the pressure and see what happens. Haha. Imagine what JT would do hitting a crease between 6 on-rushing defenders, only to have a TOTAL of 5 guys covering the rest of the field. The humpers will do what every other team does, try to contain him. Blitzing him in order to get hits on the QB, in our case, is suicide.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Just going to throw in my 2cents here. If UGA loses to tech next year there's no way Richt is fired unless they lose at least 7 games.

You guys are usually pretty rational with your opinions but when it comes to UGA fantasies you get a bit foamy in the mouth.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Just going to throw in my 2cents here. If UGA loses to tech next year there's no way Richt is fired unless they lose at least 7 games.

You guys are usually pretty rational with your opinions but when it comes to UGA fantasies you get a bit foamy in the mouth.
Especially true if we are as good as we are expecting/hoping. It'd be tough to fire a coach for losing to a 10+ win conference champ, even if you view yourselves as a better program. Make it a few in a row and then you'd be talking about a revolt, but losing to us in 14-15 is actually pretty respectable.