Thoughts on UGA game rewatch

Buzz4Him

Georgia Tech Fan
caught the announcers say that UGA was something and 1 at home to teams outside the conference, I think since Richt has been coach. Now with 2 losses.
Both of those being to us in '08 and '14.

Got me to thinking about this year and next.
We should be rolling by Nov this year as the new skill players will have gotten acclimated. I like our hances in Atlanta.
Next year will be in Athens. If we make it L #3 at home, two in a row at home with a streak of ThIAR, how hot will be seat be for CMR? How will the fans react, especially the band wagonners?
I think it would derail the train a bunch.

My daughters new boyfriend was at the house Friday evening. Told me how much CMR is the problem, their new DC will make them better, and how much he really hates CPJ. It was funny, only thing he could say was he reminds him of the Subway pedophile, and that our offense totally owned them last year.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
My daughters new boyfriend was at the house Friday evening. Told me how much CMR is the problem, their new DC will make them better, and how much he really hates CPJ. It was funny, only thing he could say was he reminds him of the Subway pedophile, and that our offense totally owned them last year.

Sounds like it's time for your daughter to find another boyfriend.:p

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
caught the announcers say that UGA was something and 1 at home to teams outside the conference, I think since Richt has been coach. Now with 2 losses.
Both of those being to us in '08 and '14.

Got me to thinking about this year and next.
We should be rolling by Nov this year as the new skill players will have gotten acclimated. I like our hances in Atlanta.
Next year will be in Athens. If we make it L #3 at home, two in a row at home with a streak of ThIAR, how hot will be seat be for CMR? How will the fans react, especially the band wagonners?
I think it would derail the train a bunch.

Letting your daughter date a dwag fan?

1Cor 8, 10; Rom 14; iirc

Buzz4Him

Georgia Tech Fan
LOL, He needed to hear 2 Thessalonians 2:9-13, where it talks vividly about That Lawless one and thee deception. He's young and misguided so he still has a chance to turn to the truth.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
LOL, He needed to hear 2 Thessalonians 2:9-13, where it talks vividly about That Lawless one and thee deception. He's young and misguided so he still has a chance to turn to the truth.

What?! He's a ND fan, too?!

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
If GT doesn't win at home this year....IT will start the "headhunters" up again.
We have had 3 sitting presidents (and Pluto was a planet ) since we have been victorious in our own stadium with COFH

The way the game ended last year, to me, started a new trend in this series. By all rights, after ugag got the phantom fumble call and subsequent TD, the game would have been over then. The crazy call Paul called late in the game where JT dropped the ball would have definitely sealed Tech's fate, but the kick was made and the DJ picked off the pass. A new era is in front of us and Tech is going to knock the front door down and make this series relevant again.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Winning last year has little to do with winning this year. It does give a needed confidence boost. But a much bigger factor is our improved talent and depth. Particularly at the LOS.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It is fun to fantasize, but it is really hard for me to look past this year. I agree with Whiskey in that carry-over is over-rated. However, I will say this much, I think primarily our issue with UGAg over the last 20 years has been between the ears. Maybe that hurdle has been passed. This is a different team. Theirs will be a different team. We just have to play the game and find out. I hope the OP is right and I have no idea about Saint Richt, should this occur. I'm not sure I care about what happens to him at the cesspool anyway. Who they bring in to replace him is irrelevent in my eyes. I just want our team to be good enough.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
With all of the lucky calls and breaks the Mutts have received in COFH, and especially last year, what stands out most of all is how Richt and the team cracked under pressure in that last 18 seconds of regulation when Sanford and & Son Stadium was rocking. Their Horshoes of luck has finally been removed.

Looking forward to the game at BDS in November.

LibertyTurns

Banned
With all of the lucky calls and breaks the Mutts have received in COFH, and especially last year, what stands out most of all is how Richt and the team cracked under pressure in that last 18 seconds of regulation when Sanford and & Son Stadium was rocking. Their Horshoes of luck has finally been removed.

Looking forward to the game at BDS in November.
Man I hope you're right.

After the 1999 Jaspar Thanks game I thought God was going to smile on GT for the rest of eternity. It sure has been a test of faith over those next 15 years.

Below link is Goose teaching the Mutts how to count to 3. Time for that to be a regular occurrence.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
It is fun to fantasize, but it is really hard for me to look past this year. I agree with Whiskey in that carry-over is over-rated. However, I will say this much, I think primarily our issue with UGAg over the last 20 years has been between the ears. Maybe that hurdle has been passed. This is a different team. Theirs will be a different team. We just have to play the game and find out. I hope the OP is right and I have no idea about Saint Richt, should this occur. I'm not sure I care about what happens to him at the cesspool anyway. Who they bring in to replace him is irrelevent in my eyes. I just want our team to be good enough.

You're right, Boomer, except it has been between the ears for 40+ years. That's when it started: 71, 76, 78 were all games with ridiculous endings that went uga's way. After that the field seemed to slope their way. We had to be two or three TD's better than them to win. We were also what I would call "in phase" with them. When they were down, we were down farther like the late 80's and mid 90's. We could never keep enough consistency to break their momentum. We'd be good for a couple of years, but we couldn't maintain it and force them to play at their peak year in and year out to beat us. I believe Johnson has changed that. Every year since he's been here with one exception (2012, their best team in 35 years), the vomit eaters have had to fight for their lives with us. Sort of like splitting live oak wood with a maul, he's been hitting uga with a TO maul over and over, and last year they cracked. I can see some parallels between COFH and the Navy/ND rivalry. At Navy, Johnson banged on that much thicker wall until it cracked, and suddenly Navy started winning against them. We are 8 years deep into the TO now. It's is second even third nature to every offensive player on our team, and they came here to be cogs in that machine. Johnson is bringing that same maul to Thanksgiving this year, next year, and the year after that. The fleabags know it, and in their tiny little intellects, they know they haven't ever really stopped it. In the back of their stunted minds they hear "Listen, and understand! That Terminator Option is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead."

But that's only half the story. We and they will no doubt have different teams this year, as you say, Boomer. But some things in football transcend seasons, even coaching regimes. Clemson always Clemsons. NC State always plays like demons against FSU. Always take Boston College and the points against Notre Dame. Since he set foot on campus in 1982, when Ted Roof is on the Tech sideline we are over .500 against uga. And he was there for all three of what I would call our miracle wins: 85, 99, and 14. How can that be explained given our history with them? I don't know. I do think that last year's defense will be the worst one that we have for as long as Roof is the DC. The days of uga strolling into BDS and stealing wins is over. They will have to earn everything they get from now on.

Last edited: