This WIN is a sneak peek of what CGC has in mind

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I never expected much before mid season. Loss to Citadel was unexpected though. Takes awhile to to get dive blocking out of your system.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk
Here’s my final take on the Citadel loss. We, as GT fans, should have seen this coming. We know what that kind of offense can do and it was worked perfectly. Looking back, it sucked, but of all fan bases we should be able to accept it and move on. I can promise you something moving forward, like all factories, we will never schedule another option team under Collins. Absolutely zero upside for us or any legit team.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Ross was a great coach and solid recruiter.

You cannot win NC's without being a great recruiter. He and his staff just had a knack for finding FB players and cast a pretty wide net in finding them. I cannot recall if the star thing even existed back then or not but his recruits were football players. The best thing about Ross (imo) was that he recruited linemen and really undertood the importance of doing that. I do not think that team had a weakness at any spot on O, D or ST's.That '90 team just dominated people physically and it is a flat out crying low down shame that there was not a playoff back then. Ross' team would have steamrolled anybody that year.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
This is what Collins brings. We’ve never had a head coach who lived and breathed recruiting. Never! In the old days we had our pick of players when school actually mattered. Ross was a great coach and solid recruiter. Same can be said for most of our coaches. TStan sold out on the recruiting side with Collins which was the right call. He hasn’t been on the job for a year yet and look at the kids giving us love. Just think about the kids we’ll be getting 3-4 years from now. Say, we lose a Gibbs to Bama this year. Sucks, but the next Gibbs in 9th grade with Collins on him for four years. We’ll land him. The fact that he single handedly flipped Griffin from NC State after a month or so on the job is the proof in the pudding. Griffin is a stud. We saw a glimpse yesterday. With him and Mason we are set. Collins has the perfect strategy to embrace the city and its working. We just need to be patient for a few years.

Time will tell.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
I have been somewhat negative, but after citadel I saw some things coming together! Now after Miami I have seen quite a LOT of positive things! For the record here goes: Sticking with one QB and Graham I think will develop A lot through out his career here and he is only a Fr. The RB are really something now so much so that I am extremely excited!! the WRS the same as the RBs. The OL without those injured has started climbing a mountain. I am totally excited with OF. And a lot of youngsters through out that part of the team!!! Thanks to the players and coaches! The def can really tackle. The DBS also do a good job in coverage. The LBS are tackling well. And lots of youngsters in that sector also! Thank you coaches!!! The punter is the best we have ever had!!! The place kicking is doing well also!! Their are a lot of subbing, but with that a lot of guys are some very good work experience!!! I am not looking for every game a win, but this team is gaining ground towards what I want. Realistic 7 wins the lowest in a year! And if we get now I say 4 of our top targets things could get greater and faster!!!

Jmonty71

Banned
This is the offense we have now, I saw a lot of things to be excited about in the next few years. A couple good backs to hand to already playing and if we can get some pass blocking, we can do a lot of damage in the ACC. Give it a couple more years so we can get some serious beef on O Line and we take control of the Coastal.

The outlook is good.
I cannot say, due to one good game, that everything magically has and will turn around. Duh U, has an average defense. It was nice to see us move the ball. However; cannot wonder, if not due to the fake punt and turnovers, this post would even be something. I think it's a good start. But, let's not hang our hats on this one game.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
I cannot say, due to one good game, that everything magically has and will turn around. Duh U, has an average defense. It was nice to see us move the ball. However; cannot wonder, if not due to the fake punt and turnovers, this post would even be something. I think it's a good start. But, let's not hang our hats on this one game.
You're missing the point. Win or lose, it is the 3rd straight week where you can see progressive improvement. We're heading in the right direction, and that, including getting the monkey off our back with a win, is something to be optimistic about.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I don’t think anyone is hanging anything on this game. Most coastal games could be won big, won close, or lost ugly from week to week. Miami could have won by double digits if not for the fumble TD, fake punt, and 3 chip shot field goals. Honestly, I’m not worried about wins or losses until 2021. If Miami makes that last field goal and we lose I still feel the same way about our team. Our OLine opened some holes for the first time. Graham is maturing with every quarter under his belt. Carter and Brown are proving legitimacy. The defense is playing hard. But the most important part is recruiting!! That is the entire ball game for 2021 onward. Period. We need the big nasty OLineman. We need the physical studs at Linebacker. Collins knows this which is why I’m optimistic. Think about this- one of our biggest recruits just got an offer to Bama yet he hasn’t flipped. Even if he does ultimately flip, Collins and Choice is giving him a reason to pause. That is huge and shows recruits are buying what we are selling.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck

Outside of Clemson, Miami's the most talented team we've played. If not for the BS penalty that wiped away our FG and the BS PI that gave them a TD, plus the BS 'illegal formation' penalty on that punt, we probably win by 10+.

The fact that we were down early, on the road, and still fought back for a win is an enormous positive step. The kids tasted a victory and what it took to get there.

No one's hanging a hat onto anything except the few fans still stuck on the Citadel loss. They seem to be hanging their hats onto that.

Miami had a top 10 rushing defense going into the game, so it was more than an "average defense."

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Miami had a top 10 rushing defense going into the game, so it was more than an "average defense."

We'll certainly see if we can do the same to other top ranked run defenses. uGag#5, Pitt #6 and uva #14 in rush defense this year. All of them giving up less than 100 yd's per game on the ground. NC State @#28 va tech @ #54.

LibertyTurns

Banned
One game at a time. We took care of da U on their own field; at least with the others, except for UVA, we play them at home.
Maybe we can get all our fans to root for our Team, then figure out a way to get them to show up so we actually have a home field advantage? It seems like forever since the last time that happened minus a few isolated games.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Man, it's just going to take time. Saban went 6-6 his first year at Alabama, and Alabama was loaded with talent and did not have to transition from the triple option. Also to my knowledge did not lose 60% of a thin offensive line, and was not as young of a roster.

Time will tell, but despite the record I like what I am seeing. This team plays hard regardless of circumstances, is improving in all phases, and appears to be becoming more competitive overall on the field. Individual players are emerging as playmakers. IMO recruiting in the first class looks like an incremental improvement, and as recruiting depends on long term relationships, I think it can be sustained and possibly improved another increment over time.

I like what I hear from Coach Choice and Coach Key, and I really like what I hear from Coach Thacker. He is a straight shooter who doesn't duck tough questions. Collins is kind of goofy and hard to figure but so is Dabo Swinney. Collins did create defensive monsters at Miss St. and Florida.

I am not terribly optimistic about our record this season, but I do think there is reason to expect a lot of improvement in the years to come. CPJ was 1-10 his first year at Navy before turning them into a machine. I am just going to enjoy the ride.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Man, it's just going to take time. Saban went 6-6 his first year at Alabama, and Alabama was loaded with talent and did not have to transition from the triple option. Also to my knowledge did not lose 60% of a thin offensive line, and was not as young of a roster.

Time will tell, but despite the record I like what I am seeing. This team plays hard regardless of circumstances, is improving in all phases, and appears to be becoming more competitive overall on the field. Individual players are emerging as playmakers. IMO recruiting in the first class looks like an incremental improvement, and as recruiting depends on long term relationships, I think it can be sustained and possibly improved another increment over time.

I like what I hear from Coach Choice and Coach Key, and I really like what I hear from Coach Thacker. He is a straight shooter who doesn't duck tough questions. Collins is kind of goofy and hard to figure but so is Dabo Swinney. Collins did create defensive monsters at Miss St. and Florida.

I am not terribly optimistic about our record this season, but I do think there is reason to expect a lot of improvement in the years to come. CPJ was 1-10 his first year at Navy before turning them into a machine. I am just going to enjoy the ride.
+++++++

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
Duh U had a top ten run defense. It's a good sign we were able to almost triple the average rushing total against them.

Jmonty71

Banned
Duh U had a top ten run defense. It's a good sign we were able to almost triple the average rushing total against them.
I understand. But, even top tier defenses have a bad day. I do, however; see the offense getting better week over week. My concern is the defense doesn't seem to grow, as fast. Time will tell. Did we get that much better or did Duh U have a bad day???

malak05

Jolly Good Fellow
I understand. But, even top tier defenses have a bad day. I do, however; see the offense getting better week over week. My concern is the defense doesn't seem to grow, as fast. Time will tell. Did we get that much better or did Duh U have a bad day???

I would say Defense is taking it's lumps like offense and a major issue and limitation of our current D-line is youth and size as we are playing alot of young and undersized guys particularly at LB and DL. We have very young just converted LBs playing regular downs and at time's we've seen flashes of the fast physical play-making ability. The D-line is very young and undersized learning on job but I've seen several guys making impact and we should be happy about as we move toward bigger strong recruits. The Secondary is the strongest unit on the field with a legit developing upper draft pick CB in Swilling with several solid players around him on top of impact transfers and a very good recruiting group coming in. I'm seeing things I like very much about this Defense things that do remind me of Defenses as MSU & UF strong/big secondary, fast players coming down hill, and tons of effort. We do have to get bigger in the line but that will happen with continued improved recruiting and development. Next year not even considering recruits we will have Clayton who's a legit 275 Strong-End along with Lockhart getting more PT most likely he's another legit Strong-End/DT hybrid. We still shopping for Jones and Perry at DT as well and Jones is already 340 and Perry looks like he could easily develop to be 310-315 in that frame.