This WIN is a sneak peek of what CGC has in mind

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
This is the offense we have now, I saw a lot of things to be excited about in the next few years. A couple good backs to hand to already playing and if we can get some pass blocking, we can do a lot of damage in the ACC. Give it a couple more years so we can get some serious beef on O Line and we take control of the Coastal.

The outlook is good.

This is the offense we have now, I saw a lot of things to be excited about in the next few years. A couple good backs to hand to already playing and if we can get some pass blocking, we can do a lot of damage in the ACC. Give it a couple more years so we can get some serious beef on O Line and we take control of the Coastal.

The outlook is good.
Just don't understand why it took so long to figure out what we have NOW.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
By far the best game Pnut has called. Saw what was working and stuck with it. Like you said, still need to develop some pass blocking, but if they can start to run the RPO out of the 2 back set that will be dangerous. With Camp and Brown running some sort of quick slant or mesh concept, and Griffin and Mason in the backfield, the offense could turn out to be really good. I liked the use of speed options, and even a couple of modified wishbone sets. But, it all looks good and pretty when it works. When it doesn’t work, well... we’ve seen what happens.

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow

Me either, but I said in a post earlier today. I have to think that CGC (and thereby also the other coaches) will learn from their mistakes and improve their in game decisions. I have to think this because it doesn’t make sense for them NOT to adjust their game plan and calls.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck

well, for starters, the guys playing today had several more games of real experience than they did post-Citadel......you can't compare Graham's poise vs Temple vs today. He's a more experienced QB...the WRs have more experience, so do the RBs, OL, etc.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I understand your frustration, and I kind of feel the same way. I also believe the first few games were sort of guinea pigs to see what might work. Nobody expected to beat Clemson, and USF would’ve been a toss up. Everyone expected to beat The Citadel, but...

I believe going in to the year that Temple, UNC, and Duke were always going to be the first games where the whole playbook would be open, and plays were going to be called to win games. I also believe if you go back and watch that the offense has improved every week since that Temple game.

Deleted member 4873

This roster remains undersized and undertalented compared to our opposition. All of us look at the scoreboard but Collins is looking at culture, buy in and effort. Yes, the score is fabulous but the effort of these players was most impressive. These boys played their guts out.

This roster remains undersized and undertalented compared to our opposition. All of us look at the scoreboard but Collins is looking at culture, buy in and effort. Yes, the score is fabulous but the effort of these players was most impressive. These boys played their guts out.
Just got to cut down on the stupid unforced penalties. Terrible refs today, but we could have avoided a couple of those bad calls by a little bit smarter play on our part.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer

Because grooming the Ol to make the right reads with basically a true freshman qb or any of our qbs take time. U cant just decide to run against certain fronts if your guys dont know how to check. So your callset is limited. We saw a ton more today and last couple weeks of run variations. Like i have been saying. Seeing a ton of improvement as graham learns.

Man i wish you guys knew how different what they are doing is.....the guys are still learning. This year is like one big spring training

And the ol still missed a ton of assignments. It was masked by effort.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
Because grooming the Ol to make the right reads with basically a true freshman qb or any of our qbs take time. U cant just decide to run against certain fronts if your guys dont know how to check. So your callset is limited. We saw a ton more today and last couple weeks of run variations. Like i have been saying. Seeing a ton of improvement as graham learns.

Man i wish you guys knew how different what they are doing is.....the guys are still learning. This year is like one big spring training

And the ol still missed a ton of assignments. It was masked by effort.

It's sad I can only click LIKE once.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
We had 345 yards of offense. I’m thrilled we won, but the idea that the offense was somehow much improved is not close to accurate. We had nine possessions, six of which ended with a punt, another ended with a turnover, and another ended with a fake punt. In 60:00 of regulation, the offense reached its destination one time.

If there was improvement, it was shown in the 16 play drive and the 14 play drive. Ironically, neither of those drives ended with points.

LibertyTurns

Banned
We had 345 yards of offense. I’m thrilled we won, but the idea that the offense was somehow much improved is not close to accurate. We had nine possessions, six of which ended with a punt, another ended with a turnover, and another ended with a fake punt. In 60:00 of regulation, the offense reached its destination one time.

If there was improvement, it was shown in the 16 play drive and the 14 play drive. Ironically, neither of those drives ended with points.
The results (points scored) was not improved, but it’s hard to argue the types of plays being run & the general execution of the plays being called was not better. Damn if we were 6-1 & we wanted to gripe about the margin of victory, ok, but we been getting ***** slapped and you could actually see signs of improvement today. It’s clear improvement & to allege otherwise is a stretch.

stech81

Helluva Engineer

Yes the offense kept the other offense off the field so I saw Improvement and if I can anyone can.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
The results (points scored) was not improved, but it’s hard to argue the types of plays being run & the general execution of the plays being called was not better. Damn if we were 6-1 & we wanted to gripe about the margin of victory, ok, but we been getting ***** slapped and you could actually see signs of improvement today. It’s clear improvement & to allege otherwise is a stretch.

Yea. We sustained multiple drives in the second half. Co trolled the clock and field position. Kept our D fresh and gave ourselves a chance to win. O wasnt great by any means, but it felt like we had an identity for once.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer

You realize vince Lombardi, Bobby Dodd, Bear Bryant, John McKay, Darrell Royal, Bobby Ross, Nick Saban, Frank Beamer, Bobby Bowden, Jimmy Johnson, Frank broyles and many others took much longer to “figure out what they had “ than this don’t you?

And I dispute we have “figured out” anything - except how to get a bunch of kids to give great effort on every play in every game like they have so far.

Since 1961 I have never once seen a GT team give such great effort consistently given the Sr injuries / death of a leader / number of frosh playing/ system transformation / number of players in new positions than what we have this year.

We are taking gigantic baby, no teenager, steps that will pay huge dividends.

This was one game in a season of never quitting effort. That is what has been figured out.

JMO.

LibertyTurns

Banned
The number of people on this board who simply have a complete inability to objectively look, and who view any attempt to do the same as a personal affront, at our team is staggering.

My eyes just rolled so hard I saw my frontal cortex. Have a lovely evening.
Sorry I pissed in your wheaties but da U has a decent defense and we moved the ball on them. If that wasn’t improvement from weeks of ineptness, I’m not sure how much better they would have needed to do to meet your obviously high standards.