The unsportsmanlike penalties and targeting at last weeks game

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Well this thread certainly is becoming a ticking time bomb.

Everyone get some ice cream and calm the F down.

Where's our get back coach when we need him... @kg01 ?!

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
In the first two games we weren't getting b-slapped by an FCS bottom feeder.
This sounds like venting, given the choice of words.

GT's defense had allowed 7 points in the game when those penalties occurred.

There were no unsportsmanlike penalties in the 2nd half. What do you make of that?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe if we actually talked about things rather than recycling them we as a society could understand each other.

Sanitizing language creates CODE WORDS ! And the accusation that they are being used when they aren’t !
Start a thread in the Lounge, or we can move those recycled posts to the lounge, if folks actually find it productive. For this thread, it veered too far off topic quickly.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
At least one of these unsportsmanlike calls was bull**** from what I could see. Not making excuses, but the officials did a piss poor job.

Which one are you talking about?

The first(2nd 12:49), the defensive player kind of drove the Citadel player into the ground, but the official threw the flag as he was turning around after the play. His head was facing down and it was obvious that he was yelling. Can't tell what he was saying. -- On the TV replay(end zone view), it looks like he drove the player into the ground hard, but from the side the play wasn't bad. It had to have been having your face over a player on the ground and what he said.

The second(2nd 11:05), the defensive player put his facemask against the QBs hemlet and said something. Can't tell what he was saying.

The third(2nd 6:39), I didn't see well from the stands and they didn't show on TV.

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
Which one are you talking about?

The first(2nd 12:49), the defensive player kind of drove the Citadel player into the ground, but the official threw the flag as he was turning around after the play. His head was facing down and it was obvious that he was yelling. Can't tell what he was saying. -- On the TV replay(end zone view), it looks like he drove the player into the ground hard, but from the side the play wasn't bad. It had to have been having your face over a player on the ground and what he said.

The second(2nd 11:05), the defensive player put his facemask against the QBs hemlet and said something. Can't tell what he was saying.

The third(2nd 6:39), I didn't see well from the stands and they didn't show on TV.

The first one you mentioned, and possibly the 2nd. The Citadel QB was mouthy all game and could have been called for taunting himself. Were the officials from the ACC? If so, they may have confused the baby blue uniforms with another team they favor.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
And most GT fans were pissed as hell about it and it was an anomaly. It cost us a very important game. This last episode just made us look like idiots. (and cost us a game, importance is debateable.) What folks worry about with the recent events is that is not an anomaly, but a trend.

1 game of stupidity is suddenly a trend? To me, this game was like the MTSU Disaster in 2012. An absolute, complete embarrassment at home to a much-lesser team and a debacle but hardly a trend. MTSU was one of the only times a PJ team quit (the entire 2nd half), the Debacle in last year's Detroit bowl being the other.

Now...if this crap continues against Temple, I'll be right beside you worrying that things are getting out of control. But one game of asinine plays is hardly "trending".

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
As one of the old farts, I appreciate when players either on offense or defense act like their great play was to be expected. Go and celebrate with your teammates.

Do your dance. Do your signature move. Shoot an arrow. Show your superman "S". "Show me the money". Flex. Raise the roof.

But more impressive to me when an athlete acts like it was expected. As in "I expected to sack the QB". As in "I expected to break up the pass". As in "I expected to score".

I agree with others. How will CGC handle this as the season progresses. The second half was personal foul free. So I hope for the best.