The Search

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Proven HC, Learned from the Best, Taken his teams deep in the tourney, Great Recruiter, and Solid X's and O's...........Will clean up in the ATL in recruiting

FYI - not saying this report is true, but he fits exactly what MBOB laid out for what he is looking for. As for the search update........We should all find out tomorrow :)

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Having the OK recruiting nonsense happen on your watch is bad if you knew or not. Plus it's puke.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
consider this though, this is the very first thing to leak about our search besides the Price announcement to save face. This could be a curveball to throw everyone off. All I know is my source who has been mostly reliable says we should know tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I'm going to keep an open mind about Capel if he's indeed the choice. My first choice for us? No, but GT could do a lot worse.

If the guy can recruit as many say he can, he'll be smack dab in the middle of one of the most fertile recruiting states in all of the country. If he can cherry pick the best talent for GA, he'll already be two steps ahead of CBG. Optimistically, let's hope Oklahoma was an ironing board for all the wrinkles he needed to iron out before becoming a top tier HC. I'm not a big fan of Coach K's holier than thou style, but if Capel can win at 80% of the clip Coach K does, then GT will be better off for it. If he uses GT for a springboard for a more prestigious job, and there really isn't many if you think about, then that means GT will have done well under Capel...which makes a GT a more attractive job than what Capel signed on for.

Glass half full...glass half full...

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Chapel seemed to have a good head coaching record until his last two years at Oklahoma...does anyone know more about that?

gtbync

Jolly Good Fellow
I think Caple would be a great fit for GT. UNC thought Ingram was a lock to play there and I see Capel recruited him to be a dookie and he won that battle. Give him the keys and let him go to work in Atlanta bring in players, I also think he will/can convince the recruits we have coming in to stay committed.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Is Capel really that great of a recruiter? High Profile kids have been going to Duke for a while. Is it more Duke is the recruiter than Capel? I dunno....

How was he as a recruiter at other schools?

He brought a lot of top talent to Oklahoma when he was there as well. He would almost certainly improve talent level of GT at the least, and probably substantially.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
I'm pretty sure duke recruits itself so thats not saying much. And i usually want nothing to do with duke, I even recently ordered a Grayson Allen sucks T-shirt. but if chapel can bring in talent and have an offense that doesn't hold it for 29 seconds its fine by me.