The Search

conyersmike

Georgia Tech Fan

franklinjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Any chance we'd consider letting Herrion take a crack at it? At this point I'm expecting disappointment anyways, so the bar is pretty low.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Drew expressed,among other reasons, that Vanderbilt being a private school was an attraction to him. This gives him the freedom to express his faith without any issues which could be problem at a public school.

This article talks about how his faith plays a role in his coaching style.

http://www.thesportsfanjournal.com/...so-bryce-drew-horizon-league-ncaa-tournament/

I posted this the other day. On the Valpo message board, their fans couldn't stop talking about how much his faith was going to factor into his decision.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Drew expressed,among other reasons, that Vanderbilt being a private school was an attraction to him. This gives him the freedom to express his faith without any issues which could be problem at a public school.

This article talks about how his faith plays a role in his coaching style.

http://www.thesportsfanjournal.com/...so-bryce-drew-horizon-league-ncaa-tournament/

So Bryce wants to be free to discriminate? I'm kidding but screw him. I'd venture to say over 80% of coaches identify as some form of Christian and a slightly smaller percentage consider themselves "practicing" the religion.

That doesn't mean they have to limit their job choices. Plus, is he saying GT would preclude him from being both christian and coach?

I can't bring myself to read the article. I feel like my hypocrisy meter might explode halfway through.

When, as a Christian, are you only supposed to walk among those just like you anyways? It's actually the opposite but i digress.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Let me say one thing. I read on multiple sites that Drew had verbally accepted the job as late as 10:30 last evening and then Vandy came back to him today as they got cold feet with the Candidate(s) they had originally settled on, thinking he was a "safer" option. At that point he went back to MBob saying he wanted to see what Vandy had to say and was told that we had and understanding in place with him and that if he left, basically, that told him (MBob) that Drew wasn't planning on honoring it and he was taking the Vandy job and that would be how he would have to read it. Drew said he understood MBob's position and went the Nashville route.

Basically it was a "Constructive" Breach of Contract by Drew as we had an Offer on the Table that he accepted, and there was Bargain for Exchange, and then GA Tech has now suffered Damages due to his Breach in that another viable Candidate (Capel) withdrew his name based on the idea Drew had accepted.

The "bad guy" in this case was Drew because he either innocently broke his word with MBob or intentionally misled him as leverage against Vandy for more money.

On the other hand, MBob is supposed to be a College Basketball "expert" and if he blows this then I think he needs to pack up and leave as it's clear to me he has no idea how to handle the Football side of the business.

If this is true, MBob should skewer him. "I am accustomed to dealing with men of high character whose word means something. By all reports, Coach Drew was such a man. I have been disappointed to learn those reports false."

Gtmamn61

Georgia Tech Fan
If this is true, MBob should skewer him. "I am accustomed to dealing with men of high character whose word means something. By all reports, Coach Drew was such a man. I have been disappointed to learn those reports false."

Not sure MBob would go that route. CPJ OTOH...... [emoji3]

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow
Let me say one thing. I read on multiple sites that Drew had verbally accepted the job as late as 10:30 last evening and then Vandy came back to him today as they got cold feet with the Candidate(s) they had originally settled on, thinking he was a "safer" option. At that point he went back to MBob saying he wanted to see what Vandy had to say and was told that we had and understanding in place with him and that if he left, basically, that told him (MBob) that Drew wasn't planning on honoring it and he was taking the Vandy job and that would be how he would have to read it. Drew said he understood MBob's position and went the Nashville route.

Basically it was a "Constructive" Breach of Contract by Drew as we had an Offer on the Table that he accepted, and there was Bargain for Exchange, and then GA Tech has now suffered Damages due to his Breach in that another viable Candidate (Capel) withdrew his name based on the idea Drew had accepted.

The "bad guy" in this case was Drew because he either innocently broke his word with MBob or intentionally misled him as leverage against Vandy for more money.

On the other hand, MBob is supposed to be a College Basketball "expert" and if he blows this then I think he needs to pack up and leave as it's clear to me he has no idea how to handle the Football side of the business.
If this is how things in fact transpired, I don't know how you can really fault MBob. Was he wrong to take Drew at his word? Again, if this is how it happened, I for one don't want Drew at Tech. We don't need that kind of guy in our community.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
If this is how things in fact transpired, I don't know how you can really fault MBob. Was he wrong to take Drew at his word? Again, if this is how it happened, I for one don't want Drew at Tech. We don't need that kind of guy in our community.

You keep Capel warm until papers are signed. You get background things done so you can sign papers when you get deal.