The Search

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
@dtm1997 - Well, hush my mouth. (In my best southern lady voice)

@shakim3 - Thanks for sharing that. We've been tossing around the UA-to-GT rumors for years on GT boards and they all stem from that initial night game where we famously became UA's guinea pigs. We've been counting the days until we can come out from under the RA umbrella.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
If we end up with Kelsey, I'll support him, but I want Bobinski gone. That's a ridiculous hire to have fired Gregory for at this time.

While I agree pretty much, I think we gotta consider the source of this "rumor". Dude's just pulling names out of his rear.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
He's usually 80-20 horsecrap to logic.

But he's making a lot of sense on this one.

The only reason he's putting Kelsey's name out is because, at some point, he worked at the same place as Bobbin. If that comes to fruition, it's pure guessing not 'source-ing'.

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
While I agree pretty much, I think we gotta consider the source of this "rumor". Dude's just pulling names out of his rear.
This is all speculation, no one knows. Bobinski has kept this close to his vest. Why would we not take a look at Lonergan.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Kelsey has been a dark horse candidate the whole time according to the Twitter-verse among other whispers. He didn't just pull that out of his hat......or anywhere else.

shakim3

Jolly Good Fellow
I think this is going to come to a head within the next 12 months with the possibility we see Russell gone before their contract ends in 2018. Just a hypothesis on my part.

@shakim3 - why didn't you go there full time? Could've probably been a big booster by now, given the stock price.

At the time it was my dream job. I was their first ever innovation intern in a highly sensitive scan-your-vein-to-get-in facility. But there were so many things wrong with that place (story for another time) in 2012 that 34 out of the 36 interns who had offers to return didn't. I have a mentee in the mentor jackets program who had my position last year and he painted a completely different picture. 3 years too early for me I guess.

But UA will absolutely be a player in the next few years for us and I honestly believe it will help with recruiting (they paraded around Auburn's AD one week that I was there).

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Kelsey has been a dark horse candidate the whole time according to the Twitter-verse among other whispers. He didn't just pull that out of his hat......or anywhere else.
I don’t think Kelsey has the buzz of Drew or Capel, but I could believe it if he was high on our list all along.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Kevin Plank reminds me of that UA salesman in Friday Night Lights (the TV series) who gave Coach Taylor an equipment break when he moved over to East Dillon. Comes off as a loyal guy to those who helped him along the way.

(Yep, I totally just threw out a Friday Night Lights reference)