The Search

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
I don't have Soundcloud access at work and won't be able to listen for a little while. If anyone can give this a listen and get thoughts, it would be appreciated. Winston Neal is a former GT walk-on.

Said a lot of networking going on at the coaching convention at the final four. Said the ADs with job openings usually aren't there (in the Hilton), but are off-site interviewing candidates at nearby hotels. Said the feeling was that Vandy's job was King Rice's to turn down. Not sure why that hasn't happened, but said they are still interviewing folks and thinking outside the box. Specifically, "NBA guys." Said Capel is the "hot name" among assistants, being mentioned with Vandy and Tech jobs. Said question mark is whether he wants to leave Duke, as he as seen as K's potential successor. Then talked Final Four.

GTRanj

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't have Soundcloud access at work and won't be able to listen for a little while. If anyone can give this a listen and get thoughts, it would be appreciated. Winston Neal is a former GT walk-on.

Just talked about the Vandy opening and final four. And rumors of Jeff Capel to Vandy. It's as if GT doesn't even have an opening...

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
my only likely comment until a hire is announced is this.

Remember that MBob and Bud are not here in Atlanta and they have been running a very quiet and tight ship.
Any rumors you are hearing are coming from the agents/PR people of coaches. not from sources inside GT. Those folks have reason to get their clients names out.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Kara drops the ... hammer :) I'm here all week.

I got no idea who she is but, for some reason, I really like her analysis.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
As an aside: Given how tight lipped this whole process has been, will be interesting to see who actually breaks the news. If that person breaks future GT news and references a "source" inside the athletic department, will that person's "source" be MBob himself?

Also, wonder if MBob dropped different guys (Larranaga, Capel, Kelsey) to different people inside circle to see if there's a rat on ship.

Yeah...I'm down to entertaining myself with conspiracy theories until we get our guy...

Campbeae

Georgia Tech Fan
From a vandy side seeing a couple comments that John Ingram (prob the biggest vandy booster) is in Kentucky to go along with a couple reports that they are meeting with Tom Crean, also Bryce Drews name is on vandys list. Couple of points not good for tech is couple recent mock drafts have 7ft player Damian Jones fringe 1st round and top guard Baldwin 16ish and while likely they both declare increasingly likely neither hires an agent. Could influence decision of a coach.

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
As an aside: Given how tight lipped this whole process has been, will be interesting to see who actually breaks the news. If that person breaks future GT news and references a "source" inside the athletic department, will that person's "source" be MBob himself?

Also, wonder if MBob dropped different guys (Larranaga, Capel, Kelsey) to different people inside circle to see if there's a rat on ship.

Yeah...I'm down to entertaining myself with conspiracy theories until we get our guy...

Sounds like Tyrion Lannister from Game of Thrones.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
All I can say it will be out before Saturday

What will be "out"? That we offered the job to him?

Also, if this is an April Fool's thing, {pounds fist into hand} I know where you live ... :rage:

(I don't really but it just sounds more threatening to say it that way.) :whistle: