The Official 2020 Color Debate Thread

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Ruh roh...

https://www.adidas.com/us/college_gear

e28d71f35352c26c72244977d950c960.jpg

Guessing this isn’t going to thrill some of the people here, but can you find the Yellow Jackets pictured above?

I actually think it’s kinda cool that they picked the CHoA jersey, but man would have been nice to be in white and gold there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruh roh...

https://www.adidas.com/us/college_gear

e28d71f35352c26c72244977d950c960.jpg

Guessing this isn’t going to thrill some of the people here, but can you find the Yellow Jackets pictured above?

I actually think it’s kinda cool that they picked the CHoA jersey, but man would have been nice to be in white and gold there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That right now pretty much says it all about Adidas and Tech branding.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: They didn't pick the CHoA jersey. This is a photo from the photo shoot revealing the special uniform for each team that participated in Adidas "Strategy" uniform promotion.

https://uni-watch.com/2019/08/20/adidas-unveils-new-strategy-unis-for-7-schools/

I think the point the poster was trying to make is that it’s the photo/uniform used at the top of Adidas’ “College Gear” webpage showcasing all their licensed universities. And I’m assuming that most think our traditional colors should be used.

As another laughable moment, and one I’ve pointed out before...actually click on the GT logo for all of adidas.coms GT gear.

Here is the selection:

e8abf197d2e9b78cee0d6c33661f85d7.png
bd28363224f7182472a7468212c2f5b4.png

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
I think the point the poster was trying to make is that it’s the photo/uniform used at the top of Adidas’ “College Gear” webpage showcasing all their licensed universities. And I’m assuming that most think our traditional colors should be used.

As another laughable moment, and one I’ve pointed out before...actually click on the GT logo for all of adidas.coms GT gear.

Here is the selection:

Lol sheesh

Here is the selection:

That is sad ... not to mention sickening. And Tech lets them get away with this? Or does Tech actually endorse this ahead of time?

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
That is sad ... not to mention sickening. And Tech lets them get away with this? Or does Tech actually endorse this ahead of time?

Well, in that product listing above, the only thing that is actually licensed through GT is the jersey, so that's the only thing that GT would actually have say so in. The rest of the items are curated by Adidas themselves. So those are items that Adidas has picked that they feel goes along with the overall color scheme that they are pushing.

GT fans need to try to remember that GT selected Adidas as their apparel company, and Adidas is an apparel/lifestyle company that targets, for the most part, a young crowd/customer, and as such, the choices in styling, colors, etc that Adidas makes is reflective of that. And again, blue is a very popular color choice with younger people (all demographics, really). Go on campus during the week and just walk around...you will see far more blue than you do our primary colors. I do this quite a good bit. Almost any time I'm near campus, I stop by just to sight see and walk around...visit the bookstore, etc. But I don't want to get the thread off into yet another blue vs. gold tangent. I feel blue is here to stay. Which is fine by me, I do like it and own some of it. I just want gold as well, primarily for game days, since I've gotten to where I'm coming to almost all home football, basketball, and baseball games now.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Well, in that product listing above, the only thing that is actually licensed through GT is the jersey, so that's the only thing that GT would actually have say so in. The rest of the items are curated by Adidas themselves. So those are items that Adidas has picked that they feel goes along with the overall color scheme that they are pushing.

GT fans need to try to remember that GT selected Adidas as their apparel company, and Adidas is an apparel/lifestyle company that targets, for the most part, a young crowd/customer, and as such, the choices in styling, colors, etc that Adidas makes is reflective of that. And again, blue is a very popular color choice with younger people (all demographics, really). Go on campus during the week and just walk around...you will see far more blue than you do our primary colors. I do this quite a good bit. Almost any time I'm near campus, I stop by just to sight see and walk around...visit the bookstore, etc. But I don't want to get the thread off into yet another blue vs. gold tangent. I feel blue is here to stay. Which is fine by me, I do like it and own some of it. I just want gold as well, primarily for game days, since I've gotten to where I'm coming to almost all home football, basketball, and baseball games now.
I truly hate to keep posting about this but you keep posting like everything you say is all facts. There’s no reason for a GT fan to be happy that an AD and an apparel company are trying to change our colors. There’s legit no fan base in the country (other than ours apparently) that would let this happen.

You're going to most of the baseball games now too? WOW. It must be slow at work during the dreary winter months. Although I don't own any blue Tech apparel at all, I can deal with a lot of blue being sold for that purpose. But fans SHOULD wear the primary school colors to the games, and the teams should, where at all possible (I know it's not always possible in baseball) wear those same primary colors on the field or court.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I truly hate to keep posting about this but you keep posting like everything you say is all facts. There’s no reason for a GT fan to be happy that an AD and an apparel company are trying to change our colors. There’s legit no fan base in the country (other than ours apparently) that would let this happen.

Well I am talking to acquaintances and colleagues in the apparel industry. For example, buyers for Dicks Sporting Goods as one example. They buy more navy, even when an item is offered in gold as well, because all industry data shows it sells better. Yes, even when it’s GT specific. Again, you can argue it all you want, but I am coming from a standpoint of this being part of my career, as well as the others I’m talking to and mentioning g here. I’m really not sure you are coming from to be able to say that people/reps working for Adidas, Nike, Under Armour, Dicks Sporting Goods, even our GT bookstore, etc are wrong?

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
You're going to most of the baseball games now too? WOW. It must be slow at work during the dreary winter months. Although I don't own any blue Tech apparel at all, I can deal with a lot of blue being sold for that purpose. But fans SHOULD wear the primary school colors to the games, and the teams should, where at all possible (I know it's not always possible in baseball) wear those same primary colors on the field or court.

I’m not going to all home baseball games, but at least 1-2 each of the home game weekend series.

Well I am talking to acquaintances and colleagues in the apparel industry. For example, buyers for Dicks Sporting Goods as one example. They buy more navy, even when an item is offered in gold as well, because all industry data shows it sells better. Yes, even when it’s GT specific. Again, you can argue it all you want, but I am coming from a standpoint of this being part of my career, as well as the others I’m talking to and mentioning g here. I’m really not sure you are coming from to be able to say that people/reps working for Adidas, Nike, Under Armour, Dicks Sporting Goods, even our GT bookstore, etc are wrong?
Since there is so little Tech stuff sold anywhere in Augusta, I would be willing to bet that if Dicks, for example, carried gold Tech stuff, it would sell just as well as blue. And I would imagine that would be the case anywhere except the Atlanta area. Tech fans outside Atlanta are hungry for just about anything Tech related, so those are the markets where gold should be pushed.