The Official 2020 Color Debate Thread

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
You cannot uncouple the fact that GT is a very low selling apparel/merch brand from the gold discussion.

I agree with many of the previous comments about Navy and why it is a number one selling color. It's all about inventory turns.

But ... because Tech is a small fanbase, all the more reason to have one online portal to sell nothing but Tech merchandise. Overall risk would be lower and quality would be higher. Tech will never get the big retail shops to stock merchandise because of the low sell through.

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Then please explain why blue sells better than gold when both are offered in the same item?
Says who? You? Who the **** are you anyway? I'm talking about items like gold football and baseball jerseys, where there are ZERO for sale. You telling me gold wouldn't outsell blue in football or baseball jerseys? How about a real structured gold hat? I think they would sell pretty well. But you know what? NONE are available for sale! What the heck do you mean blue outsells gold in the same item? We have hardly ANY items that are in blue and in gold for sale simultaniously, save for a few t-shirts. F blue! Get it out of here.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Says who? You? Who the **** are you anyway? I'm talking about items like gold football and baseball jerseys, where there are ZERO for sale. You telling me gold wouldn't outsell blue in football or baseball jerseys? How about a real structured gold hat? I think they would sell pretty well. But you know what? NONE are available for sale! What the heck do you mean blue outsells gold in the same item? We have hardly ANY items that are in blue and in gold for sale simultaniously, save for a few t-shirts. F blue! Get it out of here.

I’ve sold navy items and gold items side by side, as well as have other friends and colleagues that buy/order for even larger retail channels. And there and several items that have been for sale in both blue and gold the past year or so, by Adidas and Under Armour to name at least two. Almost all the GameMode line was available in both colors...hoodies, quarter zip, polos. 47Brand, one of the better hat companies on the market, has a pretty good gold and white GT logo hat out now. As far as all gold, with white GT, Nike had an amazing one a few years ago (DriFit) and its didn’t sell worth a crap. I bought 2 sleeves of them (12 per sleeve) brand new for $6 each closeout. Have given most of them away, but have 3-4 set back in my hat stash since that’s a hat/color scheme that’s always a favorite of mine. We’ve had all gold stuff available before, but as I said, it often ends up closed out.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I’ve sold navy items and gold items side by side, as well as have other friends and colleagues that buy/order for even larger retail channels. And there and several items that have been for sale in both blue and gold the past year or so, by Adidas and Under Armour to name at least two. Almost all the GameMode line was available in both colors...hoodies, quarter zip, polos. 47Brand, one of the better hat companies on the market, has a pretty good gold and white GT logo hat out now. As far as all gold, with white GT, Nike had an amazing one a few years ago (DriFit) and its didn’t sell worth a crap. I bought 2 sleeves of them (12 per sleeve) brand new for $6 each closeout. Have given most of them away, but have 3-4 set back in my hat stash since that’s a hat/color scheme that’s always a favorite of mine. We’ve had all gold stuff available before, but as I said, it often ends up closed out.

Navy is the number one selling color in swag. There’s no dispute about that. It is what it is.

If you remember from the Fall, I have a 10-year old Adidas fitted gold cap with gold stitched GT outlined in black, that appears to be stamped on the cap. It is an awesome cap, and I have never seen another one like it anywhere since I bought it. I have worn it all over the world on my summer travels and even let locals in some countries put it on for some great photographs.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Adidas needs actually produce some gold apparel for us to ACTUALLY buy. Just don’t understand how any GT fan could say otherwise

JacketGirl

Jolly Good Fellow
Note to self.....for the love of all things holy, never EVER open this thread again.
EDF89D9B-B3D4-4074-9110-67D918FD9F4D.gif

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Note to self.....for the love of all things holy, never EVER open this thread again. View attachment 7766
If you "ignore" the font that started the thread, you'll never see the thread...ever. Unfortunately, the font that started this thread is someone I'd never put on 'ignore'. But, that's a great way to just make entire threads disappear and never be bothered by them again.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
If you "ignore" the font that started the thread, you'll never see the thread...ever. Unfortunately, the font that started this thread is someone I'd never put on 'ignore'. But, that's a great way to just make entire threads disappear and never be bothered by them again.
Damn lol

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Understand the GTAA, the Prez, the IFC, the alum assn. have decided that going forward the Main Home Uni will be -

White Hat - with Blue mid stripe & 2 Gold stripes. Gold GT logo with no outline. Onyx mask.

Blue Jersey - no White but with Gold numbers & sleeve accents. The feeling is that the Gold against a majority Blue background will actually make the Gold standout more. Onyx ACC logo.

White pants with Blue middle stripe with Onyx stripes on either side.

No more Gold hats as it is too hard to match cloth.

Just saying that is the word on the street.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Anybody who believes that ↑ is off their rocker. It’s really not even worth discussing. Gold helmets aren’t going anywhere, and onyx gray isn’t going to be used on any regular uniform. Case closed.

Understand the GTAA, the Prez, the IFC, the alum assn. have decided that going forward the Main Home Uni will be -

White Hat - with Blue mid stripe & 2 Gold stripes. Gold GT logo with no outline. Onyx mask.

Blue Jersey - no White but with Gold numbers & sleeve accents. The feeling is that the Gold against a majority Blue background will actually make the Gold standout more. Onyx ACC logo.

I sure hope that is incorrect. I also doubt that the Prez has anything much at all to say about uniforms anyway.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow

Lol

Gold1

Helluva Engineer

Lol

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Sweet mother of Pearl - after, what, 2, 3, 4 years this stuff is hilarious.

No longer worth any serious discussion.

The uni I want to see ain’t gonna happen so I no longer have a need to take this serious. I have just always enjoyed the UniWatch type discussions.

My only serious thoughts about this any longer would be if the topic truly helps recruiting. I have no evidence either way of the impact.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Sweet mother of Pearl - after, what, 2, 3, 4 years this stuff is hilarious.

No longer worth any serious discussion.

The uni I want to see ain’t gonna happen so I no longer have a need to take this serious. I have just always enjoyed the UniWatch type discussions.

My only serious thoughts about this any longer would be if the topic truly helps recruiting. I have no evidence either way of the impact.

So these are pretty cool.

https://www.asics.com/us/en-us/gel-kayano-26-platinum/p/ANA_1011A872-100.html?width=Standard