The Official 2019 Adidas Swag Thread

slugboy

Staff member
“When do you think Auburn will adopt black helmets?” “If Auburn tried that, the coach and AD would be tarred and feathered before reaching the train tracks.”

“Why is that?”, I asked. “Tradition.”

They’re so traditional, their AD’s and Coaches still try to make a getaway by running for the train.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the idea is that the average person doesn't choose gold to wear on a normal day. But they would choose blue. This may be part of the idea to build a fanbase. Get non diehard GT fans to wear GT gear. More than likely they won't wear gold over blue. I'll admit I like darker colors on myself. I'll wear gold to a game, never white. But for the most part I wear blue because it doesn't accentuate my chubbiness. White is a definite no go unless it's a thick cotton tshirt that fits properly (extremely hard to find). Most of the white is see through now a days. I do like Gold shirts, but they all seem to be drifit.... I'm hoping this amplifier shirt fits properly or I may have to give up on gold as they don't seem to make an attractive shirt that's not drifit
The average person doesn't choose orange to wear on a normal day either, and yet that is the predominant color of Clemson gear sold and worn. And that's because it is TRADITION, and most other fanbases value TRADITION over appearance.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
I was at the Auburn bookstore yesterday. Outside was a family of four all decked out in gold T-shirt’s. Yellow Jackets! And instantly recognizable. I had a short fun conversation with them as they were passing through and decided to tour Auburn.

Going into the store, everything was orange, blue and white.

“Where are the smoky gray shirts?”, I asked. “We don’t carry smoky gray.”

“When do you think Auburn will adopt black helmets?” “If Auburn tried that, the coach and AD would be tarred and feathered before reaching the train tracks.”

“Why is that?”, I asked. “Tradition.”
EXACTLY

Troutbum

Georgia Tech Fan
I love this hat and don’t live in ATL. I called the bookstore and they didn’t answer. Called back and they said the hat is not available on their website. May be available on-line by Friday. Nothing comes easy with that group.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I love this hat and don’t live in ATL. I called the bookstore and they didn’t answer. Called back and they said the hat is not available on their website. May be available on-line by Friday. Nothing comes easy with that group.
I’ve stated before that we need a specific apparel store with employees that actually know Sports and what fans need/want. It’s mind blowing that a Technical school can make something like the bookstore or its website so god damn hard! I can call a store in East Lansing and Ann Arbor the min something hits social media and they’ll be waiting. Not that I’d buy that garbage but just sayin.

Bennett

Jolly Good Fellow
Just bought one of the T hats at the bookstore. Theyre nice hats and theyre flex fit. The L/XL runs rather large ( is usually what I wear when I get flex fit hats) so I got the M/L. They seemed to be going fast. Lady at the register said ppl been calling all day about em

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck

Yeah those aren’t the same ones that the baseball team wore. That T is **** compared to the real ones
C9C1ECC0-0314-465B-9516-46B1BAD8CF7D.jpeg

JACKET26

Georgia Tech Fan
I walked in today and bought one.

Not the exact same but damn close enough and good enough. Can’t be that picky. It’s a great hat. Bookstore said they are flying off the shelf. They didn’t know how many more they had or if they would get more in since this is a 1 off. She said the school is working daily with the licensing rep at Adidas, so the fact this finally came out means things are happening, which is a good sign. Still not enough - but baby steps are better than no steps.