The Official 2019 Adidas Swag Thread

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
Game Mode shorts now available at ****’s.
https://m.dickssportinggoods.com/p/...rts-19adimncgtchnvymwgat/19adimncgtchnvymwgat

5F7A3823-B404-4FA0-B1C0-6281D84A03A7.jpeg

Animal02

Banned
It was the gold numbers on the blue jerseys used in the bowl game that did not have an outline, as well as the white numbers on the gold jerseys used in the Spring game. Regardless of what color the numbers are, they need to be outlined, or they totally wash out when seen from a distance (i.e., the stands).
Hell they wash out for me from a close distance with my bad eyes.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I was at the Auburn bookstore yesterday. Outside was a family of four all decked out in gold T-shirt’s. Yellow Jackets! And instantly recognizable. I had a short fun conversation with them as they were passing through and decided to tour Auburn.

Going into the store, everything was orange, blue and white.

“Where are the smoky gray shirts?”, I asked. “We don’t carry smoky gray.”

“When do you think Auburn will adopt black helmets?” “If Auburn tried that, the coach and AD would be tarred and feathered before reaching the train tracks.”

“Why is that?”, I asked. “Tradition.”

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I was at the Auburn bookstore yesterday. Outside was a family of four all decked out in gold T-shirt’s. Yellow Jackets! And instantly recognizable. I had a short fun conversation with them as they were passing through and decided to tour Auburn.

Going into the store, everything was orange, blue and white.

“Where are the smoky gray shirts?”, I asked. “We don’t carry smoky gray.”

“When do you think Auburn will adopt black helmets?” “If Auburn tried that, the coach and AD would be tarred and feathered before reaching the train tracks.”

“Why is that?”, I asked. “Tradition.”

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/...die-18uarmncbrngrymk1aub/18uarmncbrngrymk1aub

upload_2019-8-6_8-13-46.jpeg

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
I do say so. More importantly, so does anyone with a Pantone color chart.

My point was, and is, Gold is instantly recognized as Tech. These other colors ... Smokey gray, navy, black ... not.
I don't disagree that there should be more gold options. But I also think that, once the full Fall adidas line is finally out, between the bookstore and Fanatics and ****'s and Hibbett, etc... you'll have a good number of gold options. Also, every team has some randomly colored gear, including especially grey--silly to pretend otherwise.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Gold merchandise (along with white) should be predominant. That is all a lot of us are saying. Right now, blue is dominant and most frequent, and it should not be that way.
I think the idea is that the average person doesn't choose gold to wear on a normal day. But they would choose blue. This may be part of the idea to build a fanbase. Get non diehard GT fans to wear GT gear. More than likely they won't wear gold over blue. I'll admit I like darker colors on myself. I'll wear gold to a game, never white. But for the most part I wear blue because it doesn't accentuate my chubbiness. White is a definite no go unless it's a thick cotton tshirt that fits properly (extremely hard to find). Most of the white is see through now a days. I do like Gold shirts, but they all seem to be drifit.... I'm hoping this amplifier shirt fits properly or I may have to give up on gold as they don't seem to make an attractive shirt that's not drifit

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think the idea is that the average person doesn't choose gold to wear on a normal day. But they would choose blue. This may be part of the idea to build a fanbase. Get non diehard GT fans to wear GT gear. More than likely they won't wear gold over blue. I'll admit I like darker colors on myself. I'll wear gold to a game, never white. But for the most part I wear blue because it doesn't accentuate my chubbiness. White is a definite no go unless it's a thick cotton tshirt that fits properly (extremely hard to find). Most of the white is see through now a days. I do like Gold shirts, but they all seem to be drifit.... I'm hoping this amplifier shirt fits properly or I may have to give up on gold as they don't seem to make an attractive shirt that's not drifit

Well, if there are, for example, 5 blue shirt options, 7 white shirt options, and 10 gold shirt options, most of us "white and gold" guys would be happy, and the blue would still be available for those that want it. I guess you are saying that most people want to wear dark colors, and I also have a "belly", so I do understand that. But, GT is gold and white. That is (or should be) our brand. I guess we are being "re-branded", but many of us old timers wish it were not so. :)

Also, if the gold Adidas used was the darker gold that most of us would want, it would also hide the "fat" a little better than the lighter/medium golds we are seeing.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Well, if there are, for example, 5 blue shirt options, 7 white shirt options, and 10 gold shirt options, most of us "white and gold" guys would be happy, and the blue would still be available for those that want it. I guess you are saying that most people want to wear dark colors, and I also have a "belly", so I do understand that. But, GT is gold and white. That is (or should be) our brand. I guess we are being "re-branded", but many of us old timers wish it were not so. :)

Also, if the gold Adidas used was the darker gold that most of us would want, it would also hide the "fat" a little better than the lighter/medium golds we are seeing.
Exactly!!!! I wish it was the darker gold. True old gold.

I certainly think they should make most shirts in all 3 colors. Same pattern or print but mix them between the 3. See how it turns out. There have been a lot of blue shirts I thought would look great as a gold base with white and navy accents.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
It was the gold numbers on the blue jerseys used in the bowl game that did not have an outline, as well as the white numbers on the gold jerseys used in the Spring game. Regardless of what color the numbers are, they need to be outlined, or they totally wash out when seen from a distance (i.e., the stands).

On THIS, you and I agree. The outline just makes the numbers pop. Without it, IMO everything looks like a practice jersey.