The Official 2019 Adidas Swag Thread

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I'd go up at least a size. For reference, I wear and like the fit of a Large in the Adidas polos (like GameMode), but the Creator series is more like workout wear. I'd compare it to Under Armour's "fitted" cut. Not their "compression" cut, but the next closest fitting. Like what the players would wear to work out or under their pads.

I had to go up to XL (pictured), as the Large size was way too right across my chest and arms. Still a good fit for working out.

cf9409b25806e27fea48cc424300982b.jpg
Need to return the shirt, they printed Georgia Tech in mirror image. [emoji6]

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I'd go up at least a size. For reference, I wear and like the fit of a Large in the Adidas polos (like GameMode), but the Creator series is more like workout wear. I'd compare it to Under Armour's "fitted" cut. Not their "compression" cut, but the next closest fitting. Like what the players would wear to work out or under their pads.

I had to go up to XL (pictured), as the Large size was way too right across my chest and arms. Still a good fit for working out.

cf9409b25806e27fea48cc424300982b.jpg

No White.

Any more proof needed?

Skankazz notre lame colors

But looks good on you!

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Need to return the shirt, they printed Georgia Tech in mirror image. [emoji6]

Wouldn't surprise me...I truly hate Adidas apparel generally. I sell/retail apparel, and in the golf world, the consumer Adidas stuff is some of the lowest quality, most inconsistent for stuff out there. But I have been giving it a try since we went with it as our team gear.... Not happy with it as a whole. Still feels so cheap compared to rival manufacturers. The GameMode polos are some of the worst I've ever held in hand.

The only redeeming quality of Adidas and Tech for me are the hats. They are still questionable quality for the price, but at least they go up to XXL to fit my size 8 head. I've never been able to have Tech hats until this.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Wouldn't surprise me...I truly hate Adidas apparel generally. I sell/retail apparel, and in the golf world, the consumer Adidas stuff is some of the lowest quality, most inconsistent for stuff out there. But I have been giving it a try since we went with it as our team gear.... Not happy with it as a whole. Still feels so cheap compared to rival manufacturers. The GameMode polos are some of the worst I've ever held in hand.

The only redeeming quality of Adidas and Tech for me are the hats. They are still questionable quality for the price, but at least they go up to XXL to fit my size 8 head. I've never been able to have Tech hats until this.

Agreed. The materials they use seem to ALWAYS be wrinkled. You can't really iron the creator series stuff. It's such a weird material that is almost too light in weight. I miss good ole 100% cotton T shirts. They fit me the best. A nice weight to it.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Agreed. The materials they use seem to ALWAYS be wrinkled. You can't really iron the creator series stuff. It's such a weird material that is almost too light in weight. I miss good ole 100% cotton T shirts. They fit me the best. A nice weight to it.

I agree with this - permanent wrinkles in the game mode polos. I like the lightweight material, but no way to get the wrinkles out that I know.

Last edited:

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree with this - permanent wrinkles in the game mode polos. I like the lightweight material, but no way to get the wrinkles out that I know.

The GameMode really are kinda trash. I mean they look good "on paper" and on the rack, but the fit is all over the map, baggy, have the cheap heat transfer/rubber logos that WILL peel off (every company that I've ever sold product for that have these...they all come off), and the material is....weird. They definitely aren't $75 shirts. But these companies have fish in a barrel so to speak, as we Tech fans don't have much merch to choose from. Nothing like the larger fan base schools.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
The GameMode really are kinda trash. I mean they look good "on paper" and on the rack, but the fit is all over the map, baggy, have the cheap heat transfer/rubber logos that WILL peel off (every company that I've ever sold product for that have these...they all come off), and the material is....weird. They definitely aren't $75 shirts. But these companies have fish in a barrel so to speak, as we Tech fans don't have much merch to choose from. Nothing like the larger fan base schools.
I like the Game Mode tshirt that I have, material is high quality. Like I've said before, I actually prefer the heat transfer logos. I can't speak to the Game Mode polos, as I don't have one of those...

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I like the Game Mode tshirt that I have, material is high quality. Like I've said before, I actually prefer the heat transfer logos. I can't speak to the Game Mode polos, as I don't have one of those...

I've got some GameMode tee shirts coming, and I'm interested to compare them to some known high quality pieces. A $50 tee shirt better be the highest quality they make, but knowing Adidas, I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Did you try ironing them or using a steamer? I was able to iron mine with no issue, wrinkles were gone.

I just find it funny that I rarely have to iron my outlet Ralph Lauren polos yet these 75 buck Adidas polos are so wrinkly.

I wish they offered polos more along the line of the soft feel polos RL offers. They are an EVERYDAY wear for me.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Or any of FootJoy's performance polo line. No performance polo (aka polyester or polyester/lycra blend) should ever have to be ironed, if you hang it up to dry right out of the wash.

We (golf) have an entire industry of high performance polos intended to be worn in hot conditions, very breathable, and tailored to allow movement and still have a good looking fit, of which ironically Adidas is a part of. Granted, even those Adidas aren't the best (RLX, Under Armour, FootJoy, and a slew of European labels would be), but these GameMode and other styles used for collegiate teams are, at best, their entry level/"club"/basic/tournament level stuff in golf. Basically a cheap, quickly available piece (like the give-aways you get in golf tournaments you participate in) that can be logoed for the golf course/golf club at a low cost. Boxy, baggy generic cut, low grade materials, not tailored at all. Adidas isn't using anything near their highest quality polo models for the collegiate stuff, but are charging a premium price for them, because...honestly...they can. Captive audience...where else are you going to get what your team wears? To follow typical/standard retail pricing, a $75 GameMode polo has a wholesale price of $37.50. At a wholesale of that price, I can get a very high quality FootJoy (I know this isn't a "collegiate" brand, but it's a very high quality shirt...golf industry leading apparel label) "Athletic Fit" model shirt that simply blows the GameMode away in terms of looks, fit, feel, and wearability.

To compare, look at the Under Armour or even the Nike GT polos in the bookstore. They aren't their top of the line models either, but are much, much better quality than the highest priced Adidas GT polos. And are priced right around what their actual golf polo counterparts would be. The gold Under Armour shirt with "GT" on the left chest is the best polo in the store in terms of quality and even in fit in my "semi-"professional opinion.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer