The Official 2019 Adidas Swag Thread

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
So I was just on adidas website and why are we the only school without gear on their site.
That is not the case. The ONLY school that has had a Fall 19 release on adidas.com thus far is Washington, because they are new this year and adidas appears to think it’s a big deal that they signed Washington.

Gear was not put on the site last year until either late August or early September.

Adidas.com is NOT going to have the best selection of Tech adidas gear, even after the full Fall release. they really don’t seem to prioritize their website in terms of selling college fan gear. They seem to rely heavily upon Fanatics, and then also of course the bookstore will have a better selection as well once they get the full compliment of Fall gear.

DaltonJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Wow. I couldn't disagree more vehemently. Have you tried one of this type on? The material is awesome. I have a grey and blue one from last year of same "chameleon" type material, and I love it. I have one of the new gold ones and love it. Have no idea where you're getting the idea that these lack in quality in any way...
Can you post a picture of one of these? The "pics" on the store sites is clearly not a real picture.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Wow. I couldn't disagree more vehemently. Have you tried one of this type on? The material is awesome. I have a grey and blue one from last year of same "chameleon" type material, and I love it. I have one of the new gold ones and love it. Have no idea where you're getting the idea that these lack in quality in any way...

I'm not going to bash most Tech mech much, but I do have to agree that the Adidas caps (I have several from this year's line) are not the the same realm of quality as other hats I retail (golf course general manager, deal with a lot of headwear companies) at the same/similar price point, including the GT caps I co-branded with my golf course's logo from New Era. Being in the bookstore a few times this year so far, I do have to say I'm a little bit let down at the quality of the all the hats so far, including the Adidas and Under Armour. I have retailed both of those manufacturer's products before, and none of the Tech offerings are the top quality of either maker, yet sell for a premium price point. And the licensing costs themselves aren't that high to warrant the premium price, as even on the horribly low quantities I license (only 1-2 dozen per school), the wholesale licensing fee is about $.50 per hat.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
I'm not going to bash most Tech mech much, but I do have to agree that the Adidas caps (I have several from this year's line) are not the the same realm of quality as other hats I retail (golf course general manager, deal with a lot of headwear companies) at the same/similar price point, including the GT caps I co-branded with my golf course's logo from New Era. Being in the bookstore a few times this year so far, I do have to say I'm a little bit let down at the quality of the all the hats so far, including the Adidas and Under Armour. I have retailed both of those manufacturer's products before, and none of the Tech offerings are the top quality of either maker, yet sell for a premium price point. And the licensing costs themselves aren't that high to warrant the premium price, as even on the horribly low quantities I license (only 1-2 dozen per school), the wholesale licensing fee is about $.50 per hat.
I don't know, I bought 3 hats so far this year, and to me they all seem high quality, and I like the designs. I don't see anything not to like. I can't speak as someone who works in the merchandising or textile manufacturing industry, but I can speak as someone who has worn alot of hats over the past 42 years.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
New replica jersey on Fanatics site. I don’t see any difference from last year—I
suppose this is just a restocking for the new season.
https://www.ramblinwreckstore.com/m...466-2094858067?_ref=p-BRLP:m-GRID:i-r0c0:po-0
7CD40BAC-77AC-49C7-A614-78AC8FF81623.jpeg