The Official 2019 Adidas Swag Thread

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
OK, time for the 2019 gold game mode polo review:

Color - matches the gold 1/4 zip 2018 pullover very closely (maybe just a very slight bit darker, but almost exactly the same)
Feel of material - feels like a very light, moisture wicking material, and it appears to be well made (one note that this particular shirt has the buttons where you can see them instead of the placard cover on shirts last year - I like the buttons showing)
Logo - not embroidered (really thought it would be this year, but the one I got last year has held up well with the heat transfer version)
Sizing - I wear a large, and this fits true to size, but I do like the short sleeve shirts to have slightly longer sleeves (I have long arms) than this shirt has - but, again, this is similar to the polo I bought in 2018

Happy I purchased the shirt, and happy it is the "Tech Gold", but I would still love for Tech Gold to be a little darker. I still wish the 2 hats I have bought this year were not so different than "TECH gold", but again, they are quality apparel, just not gold on this polo.

Let me know if you have further questions.
Heat transfer logo is disappointing. Anybody know if the other adidas polos, I think called climacool, are embroidered logos?

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
Also, I found this HILARIOUS.
It says college colors and it's like 85% navy!!! Hahahahahaha our colors are disappearing before our eyes. Soon they will just change the official school colors to NAVY, some gold, and accented in white. View attachment 6414

More and more obvious this is a weird push by GTAA. I fully expect our graphics packages on ESPN this year to be very blue. Honestly it feels like there is some kind of disconnect between what Stansbury says in public and what the AA is actually doing regarding branding and merchandising.

If they were smart they would put Morpheus in charge of all of our branding and merchandising.... that dude does a hell of a job and knows what our brand should be using our colors.

Last edited:

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
Heat transfer logo is disappointing. Anybody know if the other adidas polos, I think called climacool, are embroidered logos?

Yeah I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger on a heat transfer logo Polo. The descriptions for the climacool say embroidered but I've only seen those in white and gray.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
More and more obvious this is a weird push by GTAA. I fully expect our graphics packages on ESPN this year to be very blue. Honestly it feels like there is some kind of disconnect between what Stansbury says in public and what the AA is actually doing regarding branding and merchandising.

If they were smart they would put Morpheus in charge of all of our branding and merchandising.... that dude does a hell of a job and knows what our brand should be using our colors.

Conspiracy :) I do really wish the gold stuff would be more frequent and dominant, but it appears that Adidas is not going "all in" on our Tech Gold for whatever reason.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Yeah I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger on a heat transfer logo Polo. The descriptions for the climacool say embroidered but I've only seen those in white and gray.

I hear you guys; it is definitely a less expensive way to make the shirt. I will say the "rubberized" logo on the polo I bought last year still looks new through many wears and washes. It does appear to be a solid, quality transfer logo, but I would like the embroidered GT as well.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
The heat transfer stuff from adidas has been VERY durable, FYI. I’ve had zero problems with the stuff I purchased as far back as almost 2 years ago

I was just getting on to post this exact comment. If I recall you and I were some of the first lucky few to get our original adidas stuff.

I haven’t had any issues with the heat transfers either and was just thinking this morning while running in 100° weather that it felt much better than a heavy thread based logo. I’m coming around to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
So I went to Kohls tonight. I tried on this shirt. I believe it was the climalite version of their shirts.

Man are they snug. I'd say they are a full size lower than listed. The XL fit like a athletic large. The XXL fit like an athletic XL. I'd definitely advise going up one size on these. The sleeves were even short on the XL like it was a medium or small large. View attachment 6413

Yeah i had to take my shirt back because it to short for my liking. It barely touched my waistline, so i can only imagine the length after a wash. I like the fit overall though

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
F65CBE06-B721-4A59-B996-38E4F5C6334E.jpeg

Considering the white unis have the 150 patch on them, i think it’s safe to say there will be no changes to our road jerseys. No stinger on the helmet

The question is will the gold tops have stingers or the gradient pattern like these
F2DB37C2-A55A-4697-AEDC-5270B863029D.jpeg

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
View attachment 6419
Considering the white unis have the 150 patch on them, i think it’s safe to say there will be no changes to our road jerseys. No stinger on the helmet

The question is will the gold tops have stingers or the gradient pattern like these View attachment 6418

Ugh. The gold number on the white jersey comes off as more yellow. I know it's hard to match golds but sheesh

AUFC

Helluva Engineer

Morpheus brands well towards 16-22yo athletes. I don't want him making my tshirts. He does seem to have a grip on knowing your audience that GTAA can't figure out though (granted their audience is way more broad).

GTThor

Jolly Good Fellow
Maybe they are trying to please everyone, but in reality they are pleasing no one.
We are trying too hard.
Just pick something and stick to it. Either people will like it or they won't. It's not the end of the world.