The Official 2019 Adidas Swag Thread

TheNaturalScientist

Jolly Good Fellow
I know this is probably not the place but I just needed to vent.

I was excited to order the T hat and immediately got one online once they became available on 8/7. I got a confirmation but never got a shipping notification. I just called the bookstore and they said my order was cancelled because they ran out. I asked how was I able to process my order and they replied that they had enough when I ordered but then sold out later that day.

This is total BS. Not only am I not getting the item I ordered, but I had to call just to find out that my order was cancelled. Oh well I’ll just get my tech gear from somewhere else - much cheaper and better customer service. We shoot ourselves in the foot

boger2337

Helluva Engineer

I was excited to order the T hat and immediately got one online once they became available on 8/7. I got a confirmation but never got a shipping notification. I just called the bookstore and they said my order was cancelled because they ran out. I asked how was I able to process my order and they replied that they had enough when I ordered but then sold out later that day.

This is total BS. Not only am I not getting the item I ordered, but I had to call just to find out that my order was cancelled. Oh well I’ll just get my tech gear from somewhere else - much cheaper and better customer service. We shoot ourselves in the foot
I went today and they have 1. Xxl

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
Now on Fanatics site.. Game Mode shorts
https://www.ramblinwreckstore.com/m...-807-3594505598?_ref=p-CLP:m-GRID:i-r0c0:po-0
thumb.jpg

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer

I don’t know why this is an issue. There are so many order algorithms that mfrs use to forecast demand it’s hard to see how to screw this up. If you know the size of the fan base it’s pretty easy to set S/M/L/XL/XXL order sizes and fill rates. In two years, I’ve never run out of the hats I make and mine are custom.

I’m almost convinced that Tech should invest in its own manufacturer and like every else, license the adidas mark and self produce. It isn’t that hard and they’d have more control of product and delivery.

Animal02

Banned
I don’t know why this is an issue. There are so many order algorithms that mfrs use to forecast demand it’s hard to see how to screw this up. If you know the size of the fan base it’s pretty easy to set S/M/L/XL/XXL order sizes and fill rates. In two years, I’ve never run out of the hats I make and mine are custom.

I’m almost convinced that Tech should invest in its own manufacturer and like every else, license the adidas mark and self produce. It isn’t that hard and they’d have more control of product and delivery.
They could even have an engineering department involving textiles.......oh wait! ;)

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Something just shipped. I believe it is my gold polo. Whoopee if that is true!!

When it arrives, I will report on the sizing, quality, and how close the gold looks like last year's apparel.

If this shirt is like the 2019 hats I purchased, then I expect we might have lost our "Tech Gold" consistency. We will see.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
Something just shipped. I believe it is my gold polo. Whoopee if that is true!!

When it arrives, I will report on the sizing, quality, and how close the gold looks like last year's apparel.

If this shirt is like the 2019 hats I purchased, then I expect we might have lost our "Tech Gold" consistency. We will see.
Hey that's good news! From the Bookstore, right? The gold on the hats will look pretty different from the gold on the polo, you can go ahead and bank on that. We have the same Tech Gold as we had last year. It really is going to look slightly different on every single different material. Just gonna have to learn to live with that.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Hey that's good news! From the Bookstore, right? The gold on the hats will look pretty different from the gold on the polo, you can go ahead and bank on that. We have the same Tech Gold as we had last year. It really is going to look slightly different on every single different material. Just gonna have to learn to live with that.

Yes, from the bookstore.

Buzz, I bought the 2018 hat and the 2018 pullover, and the golds were not perfect, but they were close. I have worked in textiles - it can be a little difficult to get the colors to match, but not rocket science if someone tries. Nylon, cotton, poly, etc. can be made to match, if anyone cares to make them Tech Gold. There is no way my hats this year (2019) were even slightly attempted to be dyed correctly. The difference is massive. The one with "TECH" on the front looks to be a faded yellow or khaki compared to last year's hat. What is funny is that the "photos" on the B&N website show them all to be the Tech gold and matching. I wish they would work on the dye/mfg. process as hard as they work on the photoshop.

With that said, I will hope the polo will be closer.

Yours and my definition of "slight" is very different.

Last edited:

bmeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
I’ll be honest, I haven’t read through all 50 pages to find out if anyone has posted or asked this question but...

Does anyone have a link to order the white adidas dri-fit long sleeve with buzz that CGC has been wearing lately?

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
I’ll be honest, I haven’t read through all 50 pages to find out if anyone has posted or asked this question but...

Does anyone have a link to order the white adidas dri-fit long sleeve with buzz that CGC has been wearing lately?
It is not currently available to the public. I like it as well...we’ll see if it shows up in the bookstore at some point.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer