The Official 2019 Adidas Swag Thread

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I just sent the below email to T-Stan’s special assistant. Let’s hope I get a reply. I’m going to keep pushing...

Hi Jack -

I am an Alumni (class of 2011), and have been a football season ticket holder since graduation. I am a rabid and passionate fan of our Yellow Jackets and do everything I can to support them socially, financially, professionally, and even physically with apparel.

Upon the exit of Russell, myself and others were ecstatic about gaining Adidas. Initially (and still), the apparel was great, gold color scheme was on point, and everyone was happy we had finally moved on to a relevant brand to promote Georgia Tech that would help establish us once again as a relevant program and help with recruiting.

However - over the last year, myself and several fans have been extremely disappointed with Adidas and the lack of communication from anyone at the Athletic Department.

Since Fall 2018, there has barely been any new apparel that was released in the Spring, articles were never replenished after being out of stock, most baseball gear just launched AFTER baseball season, and the amount of apparel that is not showing up is very disappointing.

We were hoping for the Spring game, there would be an introduction of SOME new apparel, but there wasn't. Then come Fall practice, there was barely anything other than a hat and a few t-shirts that nobody really is lining up to buy (myself and other Alumni almost joke about how much potential revenue is lost from the lack of apparel sales over the last 9 months due to not being in stock)

Barnes & Noble posted new apparel on their website nearly a month ago, and it has been crickets since. Nobody at the store knows when most of the stuff is coming in, it's not on Fanatics (or it's on there and they run out quick), and most of the articles people want are never available.

I will say - I and other fellow alumni were ecstatic about the "T" hat getting released and as you can see, it's nearly sold out other than the 2XL size, but even the bookstore doesn't know when it will be back in stock (if it ever will), and I have a ton of friends who still want one and may never even have the chance to buy it.

Fans are growing beyond frustrated at the lack of apparel options and lack of communication from anyone as to what's going on. Nobody is disappointed in the actual apparel or the quality. It's just that there is none, and if there ever is, the popular stuff runs out immediately and it's never restocked. I know that this is a complicated issue between Adidas, the school, and Barnes & Noble since they are independent, etc. And we know you guys want it just as much, if not more than us. However - nobody from the Athletic Department is even addressing this MAJOR concern and we are less than 3 weeks away from the start of the season. Fans are beyond disappointed that we have very little apparel, and little new apparel coming out before football season that most of us want. I would love to have even half of what CGC and the players wear (and everyone knows the teams get special gear, but all of it is what everyone wants, so even half would be incredible).

I am reaching out only to mostly ask for someone in the Athletic Department to simply communicate regularly about apparel and what's going on (despite you guys not being able to fully control the supply chain and retail distribution). Most of us feel that there needs to be someone designated to managing the relationship between the Retailers, Adidas, and the school, and providing updates so that all parties speak one cohesive message when asked. Alumni and fans are to the point of becoming so annoyed that they are becoming upset with the school, which is disheartening.

I would be happy to talk more about this over the phone if desired or provide more examples, but I feel I speak for a large majority of the Alumni and fans.

I also sent him one this morning. If he responds, I will let everyone know. Of course, I had 2 gripes (lack of Tech "GOLD" items overall and delay of items in general).

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
I just received the gold Game Mode t-shirt in the mail. This is my favorite adidas shirt yet, bar none. Great polyester/Climalite material, not too thin, not too thick. I ordered XL (my usual is L), and it’s a bit bigger than I like, so in my opinion it does fit more true to size than the Creator series (Creator series shirts are a bit short). The gold looks great on this material as well, for all you gold heads out there— paging @Supersizethatorder-mutt .

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I just received the gold Game Mode t-shirt in the mail. This is my favorite adidas shirt yet, bar none. Great polyester/Climalite material, not too thin, not too thick. I ordered XL (my usual is L), and it’s a bit bigger than I like, so in my opinion it does fit more true to size than the Creator series (Creator series shirts are a bit short). The gold looks great on this material as well, for all you gold heads out there— paging @Supersizethatorder-mutt .
Bigger as in longer or wider, or both? I love it when a size fits a little wider than average. Haha

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer

Thanks for that information, Buzz. It is very helpful for those that might be ordering that item. I wish I knew how the coach's polos (game mode polos) will fit this year, but it looks like it will be a while.

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah BTP, I love mine too. Looks good, fits good.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

I see the team wearing it at the Braves game. I may get me one as well

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Is there a season ticket holder shirt for this year?
Sadly no. Season ticket holders are getting far less this year than they have the past 2 years. They even dropped the discount at the mobile bookstore on gameday from 25% to 10%. Which equals to basically sales tax.

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck

I got both the gold and blue game mode shirts (ordered online). I think the heathering on the blue is printed on vs being included in the weave. I say this because the inside of the shirt doesn't match the outside.

The gold doesn't have the heathering.

Haven't worn the shirts yet to see how they feel yet, but a semi word of warning since the shirts were slightly different than I was expecting.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
I'm gonna order the gold one on fanatics.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Currently at the bookstore. Waiting for them to open.

I had to give a tour at the airport this morning at 9 so I shot down to waffle house and the bookstore before hand.

As I'm sitting in the starbucks with my flat white. I think to myself... we should really play on the idea of Minister of Mayhem.

We could have a section of eclectic white and gold gear for fans that like to raise a little mayhem.

I also like the idea of having a group of guys who dress up like ministers that maybe paint their faces and scream, hoot, and holler. Like ministers of mayhem haha.

These things draw attention to the fanbase and the school. Most exposure is good exposure when it comes to the FB team.

Also, I plan on buying the waffle house flag on Ebay. Be flying that up in the stands this year.

We need this fanbase to be loud and rowdy.

I wish Adidas would catch on that we are ready to SPEND MONEY. I've got 1k set aside for gear and nothing to spend it on. If they don't hurry up I might do something stupid with it and invest it ;) hahaha

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Currently at the bookstore. Waiting for them to open.

I had to give a tour at the airport this morning at 9 so I shot down to waffle house and the bookstore before hand.

As I'm sitting in the starbucks with my flat white. I think to myself... we should really play on the idea of Minister of Mayhem.

We could have a section of eclectic white and gold gear for fans that like to raise a little mayhem.

I also like the idea of having a group of guys who dress up like ministers that maybe paint their faces and scream, hoot, and holler. Like ministers of mayhem haha.

These things draw attention to the fanbase and the school. Most exposure is good exposure when it comes to the FB team.

Also, I plan on buying the waffle house flag on Ebay. Be flying that up in the stands this year.

We need this fanbase to be loud and rowdy.

I wish Adidas would catch on that we are ready to SPEND MONEY. I've got 1k set aside for gear and nothing to spend it on. If they don't hurry up I might do something stupid with it and invest it ;) hahaha

My man. Also the flat white is a thing of beauty. This post is a 10/10 for me.

Well. Played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk