The Official 2019 Adidas Swag Thread

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
Everything Adidas designs should start with this. I don't mind the blue, white, or grey but a majority of the stuff for sale to fans should be based on this... View attachment 6359 it's that simple!

This. It is absolutely brand mismanagement. When they don't use the right colors/logos/etc in our graphics packages provided to ESPN it's really hard to call it an Adidas or Fanatics problem. All GTAA.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I have to conclude one or all of the following from the fact that there is still more blue stuff available than there is gold:

- Adidas was not told about our desire to have a single gold that is used as the main color on most of the apparel they produce for GT
- Adidas was told about the importance of gold, but they are choosing to ignore those wishes
- Adidas was never told this, and someone at GTAA actually told them that blue was just as important of a GT color as gold and white
- Adidas knows that the number of GT fans/alums that will purchase GT items is low as compared to other schools, so they really could care less about what we want or when they get those items to the market (for example NC State already has available the 2019 coach's polos, as well as many other Adidas schools)

I have to conclude one or all of the following from the fact that there is still more blue stuff available than there is gold:

- Adidas was not told about our desire to have a single gold that is used as the main color on most of the apparel they produce for GT
- Adidas was told about the importance of gold, but they are choosing to ignore those wishes
- Adidas was never told this, and someone at GTAA actually told them that blue was just as important of a GT color as gold and white
- Adidas knows that the number of GT fans/alums that will purchase GT items is low as compared to other schools, so they really could care less about what we want or when they get those items to the market (for example NC State already has available the 2019 coach's polos, as well as many other Adidas schools)
I think one key to choosing from your options is that somebody at Tech came up with the brilliant (HA!!) decision to give the band members and students BLUE shirts for the WHITE AND GOLD (Spring) game. That has to go down as the stupidest thing I have even seen at Tech.

Animal02

Banned

Or Adidas knows Navy apparel will sell better than gold and white combined.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I think one key to choosing from your options is that somebody at Tech came up with the brilliant (HA!!) decision to give the band members and students BLUE shirts for the WHITE AND GOLD (Spring) game. That has to go down as the stupidest thing I have even seen at Tech.

Thought they did that because the band is neutral. Not white team’s or gold team’s but both teams’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I REALLY want one of those t-shirts. They are the perfect Braves game t-shirt, imo, as it blends support of ATL while promoting GT. Similar to the caps being sold for this week's GT night at SunTrust. If anyone has an extra t-shirt, let me know! Happy to make an offer.

CMH_5689.jpg

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow

I have very little doubt it's this:

This is reflected in too many ways outside of apparel as well. All the dumb arguments about "what sells", "small market", etc are people trying to try to make sense of something and aren't paying attention to the peripherals.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
... and to add to this, I didn't see any of the new gold Adidas stuff at the bookstore last Saturday. Can't sell it if it's not on the shelf or available online.

Agree, awbuzz, and also

All evidence that I have seen shows that when they produce a quality product in gold, it gets sold, and it get sold very quickly. Over the years, even with Russell, when I looked a after market sellers, like ebay, blue items were always more readily available for purchase than were gold ones. When GT people can get gold, they do. If an item is "butt ugly" or designed poorly, that is the only time gold will not sell to GT alums.

Now, maybe this "evidence" is because the manufacturers hedged their bets and produced a small quantity to begin with, but all I can say is that the items sell out very fast when available.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Navy is the number one selling color. There is no risk to holding Navy in inventory whereas Tech Gold has one customer. My guess is that adidas wants to limit the amount of gold to reduce the risk of obsolete inventory from unsold goods.

No risk, even if it is already "GT logoed"? Or, are you saying that they can keep non-logoed items in inventory?

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
How much of this is Adidas? It's a lot more complicated than this, but stores manage their own inventory and purchase what they think they can sell. Adidas' customer is the retail store.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Except the gold apparel sells out faster every single time

My point above as well, gold1. I believe, for some reason, it must cost these companies more to try and produce gold merchandise to a precise color than navy blue. If navy blue is a "little off", it is kind of hard to know that, but with gold, it is obvious. This year's hats so far have not been the "TECH GOLD" that was on the hat I purchased last year. The gold hat from last year was "pretty close" to the same color as the gold pullover I bought. The 2 gold hats I bought this year are more "yellow" in appearance again. Count the seconds before someone mentions "different materials". :)

My point above as well, gold1. I believe, for some reason, it must cost these companies more to try and produce gold merchandise to a precise color than navy blue. If navy blue is a "little off", it is kind of hard to know that, but with gold, it is obvious. This year's hats so far have not been the "TECH GOLD" that was on the hat I purchased last year. The gold hat from last year was "pretty close" to the same color as the gold pullover I bought. The 2 gold hats I bought this year are more "yellow" in appearance again. Count the seconds before someone mentions "different materials". :)
I for one don't particularly mind the difference in shades of gold. I would rather buy/wear mismatched gold/yellow than anything blue.