The Official 2019 Adidas Swag Thread

herb

Helluva Engineer
A real shame that Barnes and Noble doesn't cater to the small portion of the fan base that spends hours obsessing over which piece of apparel will come out next.

Based on what has been posted about lack of merchandise, it appears they are catering instead to the people who don’t buy any merchandise

JACKET26

Georgia Tech Fan
I want to echo what else was said today.

I went to the bookstore and there was barely anything new out. I talked to a girl on the floor who was very knowledgeable. She said she felt our pain and that they’ve gone through all of their boxes in the back and most of the stuff on the site isn’t in stock. She said their manager today called Adidas to express concern about their clothes not coming in AND the long promised “T” baseball hat. She explained how they’ve been asked by nearly 20 people a day about the gold jacket, and they want it just as bad as we do.

She said they also cannot control at the store what B&N corporate posts to their website and they at GT don’t like it because it only creates more chaos and upset fans at them.

I personally think the staff at B&N GT is doing everything they can - and it’s more on HQ B&N and Adidas as to why these problems exist. If the AA could do anything, that would help, too. But not sure how much power they have if this continues to be a national supply chain issue with Adidas (or so we keep hearing).

I also explained to her how people have complained about their hats getting shipped in thin boxes and the bills being messed up. She said they would address that immediately and get it corrected for those who bring it in who want to swap (they still
had plenty left btw).

All we can do is keep hoping and hounding the AA to help where they can.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
A real shame that Barnes and Noble doesn't cater to the small portion of the fan base that spends hours obsessing over which piece of apparel will come out next.

Yeah, definitely don't pay attention to the people that really care about the product and want to buy it. That would just be horrible business.

I want to echo what else was said today.

I went to the bookstore and there was barely anything new out. I talked to a girl on the floor who was very knowledgeable. She said she felt our pain and that they’ve gone through all of their boxes in the back and most of the stuff on the site isn’t in stock. She said their manager today called Adidas to express concern about their clothes not coming in AND the long promised “T” baseball hat. She explained how they’ve been asked by nearly 20 people a day about the gold jacket, and they want it just as bad as we do.

She said they also cannot control at the store what B&N corporate posts to their website and they at GT don’t like it because it only creates more chaos and upset fans at them.

I personally think the staff at B&N GT is doing everything they can - and it’s more on HQ B&N and Adidas as to why these problems exist. If the AA could do anything, that would help, too. But not sure how much power they have if this continues to be a national supply chain issue with Adidas (or so we keep hearing).

I also explained to her how people have complained about their hats getting shipped in thin boxes and the bills being messed up. She said they would address that immediately and get it corrected for those who bring it in who want to swap (they still
had plenty left btw).

All we can do is keep hoping and hounding the AA to help where they can.

As inconsistent as we are with branding and Merchandising...the ridiculous disconnect between Fanatics and the brick-and-mortar bookstore, and the bookstore website, just typical Tech.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
The bookstore is so annoying lol

New color in the Game Mode hoodie

upload_2019-7-22_9-24-20.jpeg

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
Wow, so many things already on "back-order", but they offer another option?? I don't get it, and you are right about the bookstore. :)
They've got to find a way to have corporate B&N stop adding items to the site before the Tech store gets them--just leads to frustration for all parties.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
Wow, so many things already on "back-order", but they offer another option?? I don't get it, and you are right about the bookstore. :)
Any updates on when those backordered items will be released???? I ordered a new hat and the gold game mode hoodie and polo. The hat arrived in 2 days but the hoodie and polo are still on backorder.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Any updates on when those backordered items will be released???? I ordered a new hat and the gold game mode hoodie and polo. The hat arrived in 2 days but the hoodie and polo are still on backorder.

Crickets from the bookstore itself, but if you read the updates above in this thread, it sounds like a lot of the items that were showing already available were not even actually at the bookstore yet.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
From all that has been said by various bookstore folks to various people over the last week or so, it looks like sometime in the next couple of weeks....Could be tomorrow, could be August 5th, we don't know.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
What I'm hearing is earliest will be around July 31st. But definitely by fan day. Sadly they didn't think this through. They could of already released new gear before fan day, found out what sold and what didn't. Then restock for fan day with appropriate numbers to supply demand.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Having a bookstore be your main apparel store is flat out dumb. 9/10 employees know nothing about sports or merchandise. They’re there to sell books and basically stand behind a register
At Michigan St and UM they have a specified apparel stores and everyone knows what the hell is going on.
For the Clemson game in2016 I came back and went to the bookstore to get a shirt. I had an employee ask me why it was so busy that day......