The Official 2019 Adidas Swag Thread

MidtownJacket

Staff member
There is a TON of GT Gear the staff and team is rocking in these videos that I hope comes available. I am also curious to see if Adidas does something with the 404takeover and other elements CGC is running. Dude is a perfect weatherballon for adidas about what designs might sell.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
So, when are they doing the baseball jersey reveal? Why are the Celerbrating Black Culture/Ballroom collection basketball jerseys not for sale like they are for other adidas schools?

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
So... when do you guys think we will see new stuff? Adidas.com is a joke. There is like 6 things available. They should have over 30 items available.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
My only conclusion is that there must not be many of us that want to buy this stuff - if there were, Adidas (a company in business to make $$) would be producing and selling the products.

What really amazes me is that there are so many items that were produced in very, very low quantities - seen on coaches and staff. Why would Adidas not run these in larger quantities so that they could sell enough to cover their losses on the "freebies"?

I just really do NOT understand.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
We’ve been with adidas for 6 months. If we have the same small selection at this time next year then I’d be concerned but right now no. I think they put our small quantities to see if there’s a demand. If so, then I’d assume they’ll drop more this summer and fall for football season.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
We’ve been with adidas for 6 months. If we have the same small selection at this time next year then I’d be concerned but right now no. I think they put our small quantities to see if there’s a demand. If so, then I’d assume they’ll drop more this summer and fall for football season.

ADTS said as much in one of the first Toddcast. Normal full ramped up production takes about a year from when the contract is signed. This summer, thinking fan day, will have a ton of fresh stuff from adidas in the bookstore.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I don't shop at either Kohl's or Walmart or similar stores, but I'm glad Tech gear of any sort is being sold at places like that, because those places are where plenty of people do shop, and it's way past time for Tech to have gear on their racks, since I'm sure they are loaded with mutt gear.

The Kohls on Camp Creek Pkwy near the airport always has a ton of GT clothing

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
My only conclusion is that there must not be many of us that want to buy this stuff - if there were, Adidas (a company in business to make $$) would be producing and selling the products.

What really amazes me is that there are so many items that were produced in very, very low quantities - seen on coaches and staff. Why would Adidas not run these in larger quantities so that they could sell enough to cover their losses on the "freebies"?

I CANNOT comprehend the fact that Adidas doesn't offer the clothing they give the team for a slightly inflated price on Adidas.com... it's free advertising with as much collins and the team are on social media.

I personally think Adidas is just dense and only care about what's up Kanye Wests a$$.

Like jeez, you basically have all the coaches and players in basic gear we would LOVE. Yet, they refuse to offer it to the public. Only crummy tshirts with bad designs...

If they are in the business of making money they must be getting it good from other places because they failed at this and other college sports.

Nike has it DOWN. At least 25+ items on the majority of the major programs.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
This is what I have been saying. Why would a company not want to MAKE $$? It just does not make sense to me.

I think they make enough money that they can afford to hold back a few designs from us fans so that the players have some unique, exclusive pieces. And honestly I’m okay with that.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer

It isn't about money. Adidas is a$20B (revenue) company. The amount of profit they would earn off of sales to Tech fans is insignificant.

It is about exposure. Adidas makes gear for the athletic teams and provides it gratis in return for logos on the uniforms. That's what Adidas gets out of it. And that is why you see custom made (or very low quantity produced) products for the coaching staff, players, etc. Personally, I have one of the players' shirts and they fit better than the crud in the bookstore (I have long arms).

My overall impression is that adidas wants the exposure with minimal worry about unsold inventory, which ultimately, becomes a charge to earnings.

Other than my free STH tee, I just am not excited about what's available for the fans.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer

I've emailed the bookstore and they said we are getting a lot more Adidas this year but who knows