The Official 2019 Adidas Swag Thread

crut

Helluva Engineer
Seeing these, the basketball uniforms, the football uniforms, the football workout gear, etc. is about got me to a breaking point. No issue with the designs, but I have about HAD IT with the blue and white combo. Never written a complaint letter to GTAA but we are absolutely not a blue school before a gold school and the mis-branding is driving me off the wall to the point of doing so.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
Seeing these, the basketball uniforms, the football uniforms, the football workout gear, etc. is about got me to a breaking point. No issue with the designs, but I have about HAD IT with the blue and white combo. Never written a complaint letter to GTAA but we are absolutely not a blue school before a gold school and the mis-branding is driving me off the wall to the point of doing so.

Agreed. Adidas is doing what comes easy, which is give us lots of blue. I don't think it's all Adidas though, I think somebody in GTAA marketing is fully behind this. Our ESPN graphics package our primary color is blue. Especially frustrating to see other schools like Wake Forest use gold as the primary. After a whole year of hyping up finding Tech gold... and we get blue.

The uniforms look sharp and I like the look of the old school T, but they just aren't Tech. The winter white basketball uniforms would have been a great template to do a uniform like this. Or the old school basketball uniforms we wore a few years ago that just said TECH across the chest.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Even our womens tennis uniforms are grey and blue. Go watch our softball team right now, guess what we are wearing? Blue. Ridiculous

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Even our womens tennis uniforms are grey and blue. Go watch our softball team right now, guess what we are wearing? Blue. Ridiculous

Smh
https://ramblinwreck.com/adidas-softball/

They wore these yesterday
AF3D964C-A7D3-4E28-9ABF-CA418272841F.jpeg

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I believe a TStan responded to the backlash re blue with something like, “Deal with it.”

The hat featured in my avatar cannot be manufactured in Old Gold. That, I think is the issue. We have a school color that can’t be easily manufactured.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
I believe a TStan responded to the backlash re blue with something like, “Deal with it.”

The hat featured in my avatar cannot be manufactured in Old Gold. That, I think is the issue. We have a school color that can’t be easily manufactured.

We've heard that before and it's garbage. I'm sure Carolina blue and Texas burnt orange and Tennessee pumpkin are stock colors too.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
We've heard that before and it's garbage. I'm sure Carolina blue and Texas burnt orange and Tennessee pumpkin are stock colors too.

Tennessee’s Orange was changed a few years ago so that the shade would be consistent across product types. UT has a fan base that can deliver the volume necessary to justify the change.

What was explained to me was that producing Old Gold is not a problem. It is a problem in lot matching.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
This. I'm sure UGA has no problems with the checks they get every month from the "cheap" UGA stuff sold at those stores. If you want to grow your fanbase, a bad way to do it is be elitist about where you can get products, and where you can buy it. I'm sure TStan and our athletics department would love to receive those same checks UGA is getting from selling at those stores.
Preach, preach, preach!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
My only conclusion is that there must not be many of us that want to buy this stuff - if there were, Adidas (a company in business to make $$) would be producing and selling the products.

What really amazes me is that there are so many items that were produced in very, very low quantities - seen on coaches and staff. Why would Adidas not run these in larger quantities so that they could sell enough to cover their losses on the "freebies"?

I just really do NOT understand.

Maybe it has to do with Adidas experience with other fanbases. Other fanbases want to wear what the players wear...jerseys. Tech fans want to wear what the coaches are wearing. It’s a learning curve thing :D

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck

I am not going to lie, I think those uniforms look awesome!!! However, from a Tech branding perspective they really should have used more gold. I think they should have made the Tech on the front and numbers on the back gold and used the hat similar to the one GT flunkout posted (speaking of, where can I get that hat?).
How hard would it have been to come up with an old school uniform that looked genuinely like Tech. This could have been a good start:

View attachment 5195

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
So the baseball team wears blue with white, bball team blue and white, tennis team grey and blue, and the softball team wears Blue. Even in the annual Letterwinners basketball game they wore blue and white. I give up