The Official 2019 Adidas Swag Thread

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
All the schools who have their own merchandise sites do better than what we have with Fanatics and the bookstore.

Georgia State has a better fan store and better selection than Georgia Tech.

Honest question: I just went to the Georgia State's site, and clicked on adidas. They had 35 items, all men's. I went to GT bookstore, and entered adidas in the search. They had 57 items. How is that a better selection?

I get the aspect that some people say "they don't have the thing I want in stock," but the "there's nothing available" seems off-base. My wife and I bought about 20 adidas items this past year, more than probably the last 5 years combined. I got gold polo, gold pullover, gold hoodie and several gold t-shirts (plus the season ticket holder shirts) back in the fall. (I personally like blue and grey stuff too, though that may be blasphemy to some on this board.)

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Honest question: I just went to the Georgia State's site, and clicked on adidas. They had 35 items, all men's. I went to GT bookstore, and entered adidas in the search. They had 57 items. How is that a better selection?

I get the aspect that some people say "they don't have the thing I want in stock," but the "there's nothing available" seems off-base. My wife and I bought about 20 adidas items this past year, more than probably the last 5 years combined. I got gold polo, gold pullover, gold hoodie and several gold t-shirts (plus the season ticket holder shirts) back in the fall. (I personally like blue and grey stuff too, though that may be blasphemy to some on this board.)

I think he’s referring to GSU’s Under Armour selection

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

I pretty much feel the same way. The issue has been, imo, has been the replenishment of items. I’ve got 4-5 gold tees, plus the gold b-ball jersey. I’ve been satisfied with rollout. I just hope we get everything UDub got

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
I think he’s referring to GSU’s Under Armour selection

I didn't realize they had switched to UA. It's kind of crazy that they went with alphabetical order on their web site with adidas near the top and UA at the bottom. They've got a bunch of UA short-sleeve and long-sleeve shirts and one style each of pullover and polo in various colors. Not a UA hoodie, jersey, shoe or hat (as far as I can tell).

I pretty much feel the same way. The issue has been, imo, has been the replenishment of items. I’ve got 4-5 gold tees, plus the gold b-ball jersey. I’ve been satisfied with rollout. I just hope we get everything UDub got

This is a business model issue. If they ordered 1000 items and sold 500, they are more likely to focus on selling the remaining 500 rather replenishing the 500 that sold. Hopefully, they take the data on what sold best and apply it to next year's cycle. (I use the term "issue" loosely, because that's basically how you run a business, and pretty sure anyone in their position would do the same.)

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I didn't realize they had switched to UA. It's kind of crazy that they went with alphabetical order on their web site with adidas near the top and UA at the bottom. They've got a bunch of UA short-sleeve and long-sleeve shirts and one style each of pullover and polo in various colors. Not a UA hoodie, jersey, shoe or hat (as far as I can tell).

This is a business model issue. If they ordered 1000 items and sold 500, they are more likely to focus on selling the remaining 500 rather replenishing the 500 that sold. Hopefully, they take the data on what sold best and apply it to next year's cycle. (I use the term "issue" loosely, because that's basically how you run a business, and pretty sure anyone in their position would do the same.)

Knowing how Adidas do business if the allotment called for 1000, they probably sent 800. When they 800 went we still may or may not have got the other 200

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow

Think about that for a second. They aren't even an Adidas school and yet they have that many items. Also, look at the items that you are including in that 57... socks, neck warmers, all kinds of women's apparel, and contrast that with what GSU has. It's night and day unless you're looking at numbers by themselves.

Look at the layout and selection of the items they do have - consistent branding and logos. Consistent colors. Having items available and in stock for all of their colors. The overall layout and selection is much better than the weird hodgepodge of blue crap that I don't want to buy, whether it's on the bookstore site or the Fanatics site (the official online supplier of Georgia Tech Athletics!). If you look at what they are offering it's clearly a concerted effort between the school and the supplier. No indication of that at all with our offerings.

Hey, I hope I eat my words in a few weeks. If we see as much gold as Washington sees purple that would be exciting. I'm guessing we get the same random weird roll out as last year.

Edit - my bitching is less about Adidas by itself and more about our overall merchandise and marketing and branding, which has more to do with our AA than what Adidas does or does not do.

Last edited:

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
They

They should know demographics. Men aged 25+ on average wear a Large or XL. Supplying many smalls is a waste of time. Literally you go through the bookstore and all they have are Smalls, XXXLs, and some mediums. The average American man is 5'9-5'11 200-245lbs.... it's taking basic height and weight measurements

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Most definitely will be my purchase when Techs drop

Probably would be in in blue and black

Would like a white one tho

upload_2019-7-10_21-42-24.jpeg