The Official 2019 Adidas Swag Thread

I fully believe GT needs to end their partnership with Barnes and Noble. Sure they are great for books and needs for students, but they are not a clothing company. They should keep the contract as the supplier of student needs and the Starbucks, but maybe work with Adidas to have a local store on campus for all things GT.
I don't know if there's a comparable store now, but back in the 60s, the Engineers' Book Store had far more material than the "official" Tech store on campus.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I fully believe GT needs to end their partnership with Barnes and Noble. Sure they are great for books and needs for students, but they are not a clothing company. They should keep the contract as the supplier of student needs and the Starbucks, but maybe work with Adidas to have a local store on campus for all things GT.
Now that’s an idea right there!

Milwaukee

Banned
They closed up shop I’m pretty sure.

This Nike pullover is sharp as hell, I found it at Tailgaters Alley pop-up store and I get tons of inquiries about where I found it. Keep your comments to yourselves, Swarmers!

12020047_925900657482376_3835864493055374458_n.jpg

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Listening to the Toddcast now and when it comes to us fans being able to buy gear i will believe it when i see it.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Listening to the Toddcast now and when it comes to us fans being able to buy gear i will believe it when i see it.

He said what's been repeated several times: GTAA has no role in what's available in retail, and retailers are using customer data and feedback to determine what to stock.

There are 60 or so adidas items in year one in the bookstore. What's the magic number?

NC State has been with adidas for a while, and they have 68 items currently available from Fanatics. I bought three pullovers, three polos, two t-shirts, hoodie, football jersey and shorts (plus two t-shirts for FB and MBB season tickets) over the past 10 months. I get that the exact thing that someone might want isn't available (everyone has different tastes), but it's misleading to make it sound like there has been next to nothing to purchase.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
He said what's been repeated several times: GTAA has no role in what's available in retail, and retailers are using customer data and feedback to determine what to stock

I remember him saying it in the Toddcast when he announced the Adidas deal. Glad someone else remembers. Said it would be year 2 before most the stuff got to us because the first year was about getting the team gear up and going.

Fan day will take another bite out of my credit card, was so happy to find a 4x jersey last week!

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
He said what's been repeated several times: GTAA has no role in what's available in retail, and retailers are using customer data and feedback to determine what to stock.

There are 60 or so adidas items in year one in the bookstore. What's the magic number?

NC State has been with adidas for a while, and they have 68 items currently available from Fanatics. I bought three pullovers, three polos, two t-shirts, hoodie, football jersey and shorts (plus two t-shirts for FB and MBB season tickets) over the past 10 months. I get that the exact thing that someone might want isn't available (everyone has different tastes), but it's misleading to make it sound like there has been next to nothing to purchase.
Exactly. Ill believe it when i see it

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer

You should check out the Volshop in Knoxville. Four locations, great selection. Run directly by the University.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
You should check out the Volshop in Knoxville. Four locations, great selection. Run directly by the University.
Yup. A lot of "bigtime" colleges don't outsource their bookstore. I feel we are losing money on it. We need to capitalize on hype. Don't let Barnes and Noble let Adidas know what they want, the school should directly. Having a middle man is unnecessary and just ridiculous

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Hilarious. I called my ticket rep and he told me no, it’s not available for purchase.

Mentioned in the Toddcast thread. It's not available now, but will be in the coming months.

I asked a contact at GTAA, and he confirmed that -- "A lot of fans requested the hat, so adidas put into their production process. Normally takes a few months to make it into retail, so look for it over the summer. It's a good illustration of what Todd discussed on the podcast, as far as the length of turnaround time. Everything is planned nearly a year in advance, so the industry/process isn't nimble enough to turn something around quickly for high-quality items."

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Mentioned in the Toddcast thread. It's not available now, but will be in the coming months.

I asked a contact at GTAA, and he confirmed that -- "A lot of fans requested the hat, so adidas put into their production process. Normally takes a few months to make it into retail, so look for it over the summer. It's a good illustration of what Todd discussed on the podcast, as far as the length of turnaround time. Everything is planned nearly a year in advance, so the industry/process isn't nimble enough to turn something around quickly for high-quality items."
They shouldn't have any problems then! Most of it isn't "high quality " lol. A lot of it seems off to me. Like just put together.