The Official 2019 Adidas Swag Thread

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Same here

I mean yeah it holds up, but the sizing is awful. I wear an XL in every brand. Even other Adidas clothing. But everything they have put out has basically been slim fit... I'm 5'10 255lbs and happy lol. I'm astonished at how terrible the sizing has become. I even tried on 3 different XLs in the same shirt and THEY ALL FIT DIFFERENTLY. Holding up is the BASICS of what a tshirt of 30 bucks should be. It should also be consistent in size.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I mean yeah it holds up, but the sizing is awful. I wear an XL in every brand. Even other Adidas clothing. But everything they have put out has basically been slim fit... I'm 5'10 255lbs and happy lol. I'm astonished at how terrible the sizing has become. I even tried on 3 different XLs in the same shirt and THEY ALL FIT DIFFERENTLY. Holding up is the BASICS of what a tshirt of 30 bucks should be. It should also be consistent in size.

From the 2018 Swag thread
I’ve been harping on this since we signed with adidas. Sizing is their biggest downfall. Their shoes are like that as well.

CrackerJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
The erratic sizing is a killer. About all I can trust to buy online are T-shirts and adjustable caps. My experience with Adidas tees is that about 1 in 4 size L shirts will be too small for me. Yeah, you can return stuff but the 'mailing label fee' is about $10. And when I'm in Atlanta, buying stuff at the bookstore has its own problems. Erratic sizing + no fitting room = fewer purchases. I'd like to see us move the swag to a dedicated shop and leave B&N with the books.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
The erratic sizing is a killer. About all I can trust to buy online are T-shirts and adjustable caps. My experience with Adidas tees is that about 1 in 4 size L shirts will be too small for me. Yeah, you can return stuff but the 'mailing label fee' is about $10. And when I'm in Atlanta, buying stuff at the bookstore has its own problems. Erratic sizing + no fitting room = fewer purchases. I'd like to see us move the swag to a dedicated shop and leave B&N with the books.

Yup. I stated before that we should have an on campus Adidas store carrying all our apparel and some extra Adidas stuff. The bookstore can sell the Nike and whatever else.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Not adidas but similar to the 'T' hat that everyone likes
s181002011057_1_large.jpg

https://www.sportingup.com/products...ets-tow-keepsake-the-whistle-mesh-adj-hat-cap

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I’ve been noticing the stitched jerseys have been discounted too on the Ramblin Wreck.com site. Wonder if we’re changing to a newer look for jerseys this season.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
I’ve been noticing the stitched jerseys have been discounted too on the Ramblin Wreck.com site. Wonder if we’re changing to a newer look for jerseys this season.

Doubt there would be a wholesale change in year two. Believe there was a Toddcast where it was mentioned that adidas "base" jersey designs are three-year cycles. That doesn't preclude them from adding a new jersey or two in the mix, but they won't start from scratch each season.

What you're seeing is spring/summer clearance as retailers prepare for new shipments for back-to-school season. My guess is that they introduce a different number with same jersey design in retail for next season.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Yup. I stated before that we should have an on campus Adidas store carrying all our apparel and some extra Adidas stuff. The bookstore can sell the Nike and whatever else.

Don't mean this this to come across as snarky, but we have to be realistic of our place in the adidas universe. They had $20+ billion in revenue in 2018. The college athletics space is a small sliver of their business, and Georgia Tech a tiny fraction of that.

If they were going to spend the capital associated with opening a store, I don't think GT would be at the top of their list. Louisville is their flagship school, and they currently have 10 of their items on adidas.com: https://www.adidas.com/us/louisville_cardinals

It'd be great if they decided to open up a midtown or downtown store (they have one in Lenox right now) that featured GT items along with United, etc., but I doubt there is much discussion in their corporate offices about tapping into the GT-centric market.

Some of you may remember the short-lived Russell store that took over the McDonalds space in the GTAA in the early 2000s. Not that it made any financial sense, but we were one of their flagship schools at the time. We're one of about 10-12 adidas schools, and if we had gone with Nike, we'd be even lower in the pecking order.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Don't mean this this to come across as snarky, but we have to be realistic of our place in the adidas universe. They had $20+ billion in revenue in 2018. The college athletics space is a small sliver of their business, and Georgia Tech a tiny fraction of that.

If they were going to spend the capital associated with opening a store, I don't think GT would be at the top of their list. Louisville is their flagship school, and they currently have 10 of their items on adidas.com: https://www.adidas.com/us/louisville_cardinals

It'd be great if they decided to open up a midtown or downtown store (they have one in Lenox right now) that featured GT items along with United, etc., but I doubt there is much discussion in their corporate offices about tapping into the GT-centric market.

Some of you may remember the short-lived Russell store that took over the McDonalds space in the GTAA in the early 2000s. Not that it made any financial sense, but we were one of their flagship schools at the time. We're one of about 10-12 adidas schools, and if we had gone with Nike, we'd be even lower in the pecking order.

I agree we are on the pecking order. I believe GT should fund the spot and basically say hey Adidas we will give you a free spot to sell your apparel. Just spitballing, but the idea of barnes and noble running your school store as in spirit attire and accessories is just outdated