The Official 2019 Adidas Swag Thread

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
The thing people need to understand is we are not a big name school. Miami Louisville Kansas Indiana NC State etc carry a lot more weight in merchandise. Plus, we signed the contract a year ago. These schools have been with adidas for years! I’m sure Adidas knows what they’re doing. Put some items out and see how big the demands are. Hell, I’d love hundreds of items to chose from but it’s not gonna happen in 6-8 months. Need to be realistic and understand how this works.

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
The thing people need to understand is we are not a big name school. Miami Louisville Kansas Indiana NC State etc carry a lot more weight in merchandise. Plus, we signed the contract a year ago. These schools have been with adidas for years! I’m sure Adidas knows what they’re doing. Put some items out and see how big the demands are. Hell, I’d love hundreds of items to chose from but it’s not gonna happen in 6-8 months. Need to be realistic and understand how this works.
I completely agree with your point but what does that have to do with them putting out hardly any GOLD?Adidas' Tech sales will improve if they just put out some gold. I found ONE gold hat and the bookstore is no longer selling it. Ridiculous.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I completely agree with your point but what does that have to do with them putting out hardly any GOLD?Adidas' Tech sales will improve if they just put out some gold. I found ONE gold hat and the bookstore is no longer selling it. Ridiculous.
If I had to guess I’d say it’s simply getting the color (Tech Gold) to work for fabric.

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow

Attachments

• SMALLIMAGE_1562704.jpg
    SMALLIMAGE_1562704.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 104

boger2337

Helluva Engineer

I'd like to think in the sports world we carry more weight than NC state, and Indiana. I'd even say Kansas but they have been relevant in basketball for a while. Sure I wear Gold glasses, but we are a top 20 program historically. We should be viewed with the historical top 25, like Texas, Iowa, Bama, Ohio state, Washington, Pittsburgh, Michigan, Miami. We belong in that group we just haven't acted like it in a couple decades. But boy are we back. I want to make what Nebraska did in the 90s look like child plays. I want the playoffs to not be the playoffs if GT isn't in it.

There is a chance for that. What's holding us back is saying there is zero chance.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Drove through Columbus ga on way to game and saw there was a store that advertised they had a large inventory of specialty college merchandise. Went by to check it out. Gt was about 10 % of store as far as standard shirts and jerseys. In the special items like trays, dishes etc, se were pitiful. They had all kinds of tasteful item that could be displayed at parties for other schools- even Tennessee.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Drove through Columbus ga on way to game and saw there was a store that advertised they had a large inventory of specialty college merchandise. Went by to check it out. Gt was about 10 % of store as far as standard shirts and jerseys. In the special items like trays, dishes etc, se were pitiful. They had all kinds of tasteful item that could be displayed at parties for other schools- even Tennessee.

I’ve heard that we are extremely conservative on licensing fit products which is why we do t have a lot of mass produced stuff like some factory schools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slugboy

Staff member
I'd like to think in the sports world we carry more weight than NC state, and Indiana. I'd even say Kansas but they have been relevant in basketball for a while. Sure I wear Gold glasses, but we are a top 20 program historically. We should be viewed with the historical top 25, like Texas, Iowa, Bama, Ohio state, Washington, Pittsburgh, Michigan, Miami. We belong in that group we just haven't acted like it in a couple decades. But boy are we back. I want to make what Nebraska did in the 90s look like child plays. I want the playoffs to not be the playoffs if GT isn't in it.

There is a chance for that. What's holding us back is saying there is zero chance.

Basketball plays a bigger role in this than many people think. Kansas’s basketball following is probably as desirable as many top football teams fans. Maybe more so when people will buy the shoes the basketball players wear, but only players are getting cleats.

Having buzz and excitement around the football program helps a ton. Getting energy around the basketball program would be huge too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
Where is that hat for sale? @OlaJacket

I haven't seen it anywhere online.

Also the excuses about Tech gold and GT not being a "big name" are ridiculous and sell us short. Adidas has failed badly so far when it comes to Fan merch and I think GTAA has been more than complicit.

If you really pay attention Adidas isn't using any unique color for us. It's the same color gold they have always used to make Tech gear. It certainly doesn't match the pantones. Such a bad excuse.

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Where is that hat for sale? @OlaJacket

I haven't seen it anywhere online.

Also the excuses about Tech gold and GT not being a "big name" are ridiculous and sell us short. Adidas has failed badly so far when it comes to Fan merch and I think GTAA has been more than complicit.

If you really pay attention Adidas isn't using any unique color for us. It's the same color gold they have always used to make Tech gear. It certainly doesn't match the pantones. Such a bad excuse.
Hey flunkout! That hat was being sold at the bookstore but when I ordered it I never received. So I called them and they said it had been discontinued. I was incredulous. How could they discontinue the only gold hat they had. He said it was Adidas' decision and they wete supposed to be getting sime new stuff by late May or early June. The bad thing about it was, the bookstore only had tge hat up online for a day or two whwn I ordered it. Bottom line is it looks like Adidas and our bookstore are both incompetent.

Hey flunkout! That hat was being sold at the bookstore but when I ordered it I never received. So I called them and they said it had been discontinued. I was incredulous. How could they discontinue the only gold hat they had. He said it was Adidas' decision and they wete supposed to be getting sime new stuff by late May or early June. The bad thing about it was, the bookstore only had tge hat up online for a day or two whwn I ordered it. Bottom line is it looks like Adidas and our bookstore are both incompetent.
WOW

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I bought a white pullover that they just released like a month ago. I bought it the week they put it online and of course, they put it on backorder. I just recieved an email today that they had to cancel my order. This is the second time this has happened to me recently. I'm just going to stop spending my money at the bookstore.

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah that place sucks! I really miss Chris' store up in Gwinnett. I wish he would have been willing to go online he would probably still be in business. He had a great selection of Tech gear even when we were with Russell.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Damn i was gonna buy that hat