The National Championship Game

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Their offense doesn't give me a lot of confidence either, but the way their defense looked against Clemson makes me feel that they will win by 3 scores. They looked healthy and mean.
Defense wins championships. Plus you got to figure Saban knows Smart , and vice versa. Low scoring game , Tide 17-13.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
If you go to those extremes, imagine what Uncle Lou will do if Bama wins!! (for a refresher or if someone is new to this board and are unfamiliar with Uncle Lou and how he is the epitome of a nadlicker fan, see

and ).

Do we have any Tech fans who are as ardent as Dwag fan, Uncle Lou?

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
If they win the NC tomorrow night, you hate dislike for them will go through the roof. You think they are unsufferable now, wait till all you hear for 365 days is about them and how great they are (or think they are). ROLL TIDE !!!

A silver lining would be GT beating the reigning national champs on their home field in 2018. But, just to be safe, ROLL TIDE!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
He should have made it a pre-condition that johnson give him a couple of those unused 300 pounders like Tufele and hansen.
with four guys that size our Woody could get some deep penetration
Unused? Tufele redshirted and Hansen played backup minutes. Not like they're wasting away over there.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
For those that are not very enthused on Woody --here are some facts. I went back and looked at App St opponents common to Tech in the last 5 yrs and his defense gave up about the SAME number of points as Tech to Uga, uM, Ga Southern, etc. --BUT with guys who were recruiting-wise generally ranked 100 Pts BELOW Tech guys. (if we had a top 100 recruit at a position then he had a 200, using phil steele mag data).
He did as much with less in a glance.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Close game at halftime as both teams shut down each others running games , then Bama's defense finally wears out in the 2nd half because the running back they have at qb can't pass. ugag wins 27-10. Trailer parks will burn in both states no matter who wins.