The National Championship Game

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
The panthers could do that a bit better, he is a mini cam newton already. Has a bad attitude, poor sport, holds the ball entirely to long, and crumbles under pressure.
Grrrrr. Couple that with the worst LT outside of Erick Flowers and it's a recipe for disaster. We're gonna get boat raced by NO. Can't stop pass catching backs. Kamara will go for 200.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
Grrrrr. Couple that with the worst LT outside of Erick Flowers and it's a recipe for disaster. We're gonna get boat raced by NO. Can't stop pass catching backs. Kamara will go for 200.

Yup I think that will be the case. Still will pull for the hometown team but don't think they can get past the Saints.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I have zero interest, although my wife was born in Dothan and is a "closet" UA fan ... I think I'll develop a headache and go to bed early Monday night.

A good defensive effort for the Falcons vs. Carolina, I'll go with the upset of the Rams as well ...

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
A good defensive effort for the Falcons vs. Carolina, I'll go with the upset of the Rams as well ...[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling with the defense playing well the Falcons will make it to the NFCCG;):cool:

Last edited:

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
You are right. ESPNs 24 hour coverage overwhelmingly favoring some teams and conferences played no part in shaping the opinions of the committee who ended up selecting a team who finished 3rd in their conference.

1. ESPN has more coverage on Lavar Ball then football

2. Even if there was a conspiracy, UCF far and out had the most financial gain to ESPN if they made it as they were the overwhelming fan favorite. ESPN can push narratives but that doesn't mean people buy them. They adjust accordingly.

3. I can understand the AP poll having influence as ESPN literally has people on it, but a committee with athletic directors and former coaches with no ESPN ties is a Lot less believable

4. Ohio state lost to an unranked team by 30 in a field where it was possible to field just 0 or 1 loss teams

5. Ohio state has vested interest on the committee that Alabama didnt: their athletic director.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
You are right. ESPNs 24 hour coverage overwhelmingly favoring some teams and conferences played no part in shaping the opinions of the committee who ended up selecting a team who finished 3rd in their conference.
Easy bud. I don't care to be "right"... your original choice of words is a little hyperbolic. Clemson & Oklahoma are much more accountable to any "debacle" that is transpiring. Believe me... I hate that UGA & Alabama are meeting in the championship. But there is way too much conspiracy theory peppered throughout this board. I simply challenge some of that stuff. Not picking on you... many obviously agree with you. @smathis30 points above seem much more reasonable imo.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Easy bud. I don't care to be "right"... your original choice of words is a little hyperbolic. Clemson & Oklahoma are much more accountable to any "debacle" that is transpiring. Believe me... I hate that UGA & Alabama are meeting in the championship. But there is way too much conspiracy theory peppered throughout this board. I simply challenge some of that stuff. Not picking on you... many obviously agree with you. @smathis30 points above seem much more reasonable imo.
Clemson won their conference and had a top 10 strength of schedule. Oklahoma won their conference, killed Ohio St in their own house, and beat three other highly ranked teams. UGA won their conference, beat ND on the road, and had a dominating performance in the SEC championship. Alabama didn't even make their conference championship game, got killed by Auburn in the game that mattered most, didn't beat a single team in the top 15, and had a strength of schedule in the 50's. One of those teams is different from the other three and only got in because of the name on their jersey.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Clemson won their conference and had a top 10 strength of schedule. Oklahoma won their conference, killed Ohio St in their own house, and beat three other highly ranked teams. UGA won their conference, beat ND on the road, and had a dominating performance in the SEC championship. Alabama didn't even make their conference championship game, got killed by Auburn in the game that mattered most, didn't beat a single team in the top 15, and had a strength of schedule in the 50's. One of those teams is different from the other three and only got in because of the name on their jersey.
Bammer looked pretty dominant against Clempson.............................................................................................................................just sayin';)

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
We agree way more than disagree. This year the committee had those 3 teams you mentioned as clearly deserving to be in the playoff. Frankly, there was no clear choice for the 4th slot. But asserting ESPN is in cahoots with the committee is a stretch. The committee's justification for picking Alabama was "reasonable" ... I did not agree with it. I would have put OSU in there.