1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

The National Championship Game

Discussion in 'College & Pro Sports' started by MikeJackets1967, Jan 1, 2018.

1. MikeJackets1967

MikeJackets1967 Helluva Engineer

Alabama and UGAG will be playing in an all SEC National Championship Game; I think Alabama controls UGAG's running game and come away with a 28-14 win. What do y'all think?

THWG likes this.
  2. FredJacket

FredJacket Helluva Engineer

Feels too much like Election Day. There is no Gary Johnson University showing up to compete? THWG!

THWG, kg01, bwelbo and 1 other person like this.
  3. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 We Suck

I think who cares. Worst National Championship game ever.

GT_05, GTNavyNuke, CTJacket and 11 others like this.
  4. MikeJackets1967

It might be as one sided as Alabama-LSU National Championship Game in January 2012.

5. BuzzStone

BuzzStone Helluva Engineer

I am saying something to the effect of 42-13 Bama, I don't think this will be a good game at all.

TheTaxJacket and MikeJackets1967 like this.
  6. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

lauraee likes this.
  7. kg01

kg01 Get-Bak! Coach Featured Member

I refuse to acknowledge this game is happening.

I'm not even really applying in this thread. Maybe I'm in the matrix (wha?).

katlong, CTJacket, MWT89 and 3 others like this.
  8. wvGT11

wvGT11 Helluva Engineer

Man I really expected more from Clemson. Another all sec national championship game, just what ESPN wants hah .

GT_05 and MikeJackets1967 like this.
  9. herb

herb Helluva Engineer

I think I will not be watching is what I think.

10. lauraee

lauraee Helluva Engineer

Usual low/no class sec comments I see this morning. Guess they have absolutely no clue how to be gracious winners? Does anyone see the irony of that ugag linebacker yelling at Mayfield to humble himself?

RedPete and MikeJackets1967 like this.
  11. lauraee

lauraee Helluva Engineer

Ugag was lucky as hell to win that game & it took double ot & OU choking to do so. As much as I dislike bama, roll freaking tide. THWG

GT_05, ThatGuy, THWG and 3 others like this.
  12. BuzzStone

That is what I saw. I have never seen such bad QB play. I can't believe that was a heisman winner.

lauraee and MikeJackets1967 like this.
  13. OldJacketFan

OldJacketFan Helluva Engineer

Didn't watch last night, won't watch Monday night. simply couldn't care less.

jwsavhGT, herb and MikeJackets1967 like this.
  14. Jacketman1

Jacketman1 Helluva Engineer

You must have missed the first half then. He was outstanding. Gave them a 31-14 lead before that awful squib gave UGAg a free field goal at the end of the half. The second half...yeah, he wasn't awesome. The playcalling was just downright awful in the second half and OT. Everything to the short side of the field, no passes over the middle, all shaky passes towards the sideline. The Oklahoma OC was playing not to lose, rather than to win.

15. MikeJackets1967

I think OU has a lousy head coach that won with Bob Stoops players;)

TaxJacket and lauraee like this.
  16. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 We Suck

Yep. Terribly coached game after halftime. Playcalling was excellent in the first half. They’d run a draw up the middle on a 3rd and 9. Pass on 1st down. Georgia was on their heels not having a clue what was coming. 2nd half was exactly how you described. The run plays were mostly awful too. Speed runs to the outside towards one of, if not the, fastest LB’s in the country. They refused to even put the game into their Heisman QB’s hands in both Overtimes. 3 runs to not turn the ball over and kick a FG. The WR sweep on the 3rd down in the first OT was a good call though. Just a terribly executed run by the WR not getting north and south to pick up the easy 3 yards for a first.

MikeJackets1967 likes this.
  17. MikeJackets1967

He coached the way Mark Richt coached at UGAG the last 5 years he was there.

18. jwsavhGT

jwsavhGT Moderator Staff Member

My goodness but Clemsoning happened. Rolllllll Tide.:spitoutdummy::spitoutdummy::spitoutdummy::spitoutdummy::spitoutdummy::poop:

lauraee and MikeJackets1967 like this.
  19. BuzzStone

When your QB takes 5+ sacs of 10 yards or more when he has more than 7 seconds to get rid of the ball that has nothing to do with play calling. Its ****ty decision making. He crumbled under the slightest pressure.

MikeJackets1967 likes this.
  20. MikeJackets1967

It would be nice if the Falcon could draft Baker Mayfield in the 2nd or 3rd round and groom him as Matt Ryan's successor