The National Championship Game

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I made this same comment earlier in the year. This year has been, across the board, the worst display of football I’ve seen in my lifetime. I don’t even think I can pin point anything specific. It just seems like everyone is bad.

Seems to be the same case with NFL this year too. Just look at the Wildcard weekend and realize how many bad teams made the playoffs. As a Panthers fan, I’ll fully admit I have no earthly idea how we went 11-5 because we looked like a 7-9 team all year. I guess everyone else just looked worse.
I still think the Falcons are the best team in the NFL South;)

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Never before has a single gif more accurately described my emotions
giphy.gif

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
no, recruiting with Kirby will keep flooding in. only a matter of time before he does this again IMO.

When georgia takes a step back next year, people will kneejerk call for fromm to be benched for fields. This was the first game Fromm actually had to win with his arm and he missed the throw then didn't get another chance.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I took a shower this morning but still feel dirty after rooting for Bammer. Beats vomiting all night though like would’ve happened if mutts won.

Wonder what it feels like to be a mutt fan? It must be a similar feeling to those guys that wear trench coats and stuff quarters into the peep show machines. You just feel disgusting and dirty all the time and there’s no way to wash it away.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
no, recruiting with Kirby will keep flooding in. only a matter of time before he does this again IMO.
It is true that as you phrased it: "recruiting with Kirby will keep flooding in..." but seldom does any Georgia coach get the stars to align in quite the same way as this season went for the dawgs. If it did not happen this year ... when? Florida, Tennessee, and South Carolina have seldom been as bad as they were this year. That kind of luck will not continue. Recruiting talent as never been a problem for UGA coaches going all the way back to Ray Goff. It is what happens after they get there that has been the difficulty. You may be right that we are looking at a burgeoning UGA dynasty but it sure landed with a thud last night.

Deleted member 2897

By the way, personally I think all this talk about Nick Saban being a genius pulling Hurts for Tua and that nobody else would have done that is a bunch of poppycock. I think Jalen Hurts got banged up and possibly even got a concussion. This was a very similar looking hit that Kelly Bryant from Clemson took at Syracuse. I think Saban eventually either learned or realized that Hurts wasn't quite right. They might have done some tests at halftime, who knows.

yrMP4V.gif

J_Trouche

Georgia Tech Fan
It is true that as you phrased it: "recruiting with Kirby will keep flooding in..." but seldom does any Georgia coach get the stars to align in quite the same way as this season went for the dawgs. If it did not happen this year ... when? Florida, Tennessee, and South Carolina have seldom been as bad as they were this year. That kind of luck will not continue. Recruiting talent as never been a problem for UGA coaches going all the way back to Ray Goff. It is what happens after they get there that has been the difficulty. You may be right that we are looking at a burgeoning UGA dynasty but it sure landed with a thud last night.
I don't think South Carolina will ever go back to the way it was under spurrier in his prime, but you are right about the other two especially Florida. I have a feeling Dan Mullen will be a big time championship contender at Florida. I also think you're right that he's not gonna do much with the talent or else he wouldn't have gone 8-5 his first year when he had a lot of talent but he is recruiting above what Mark Richt ever did.

Deleted member 2897

Loved his commentary about UCF at the end, LOL. For real. Georgia Tech has over 20 seasons where we've lost once or gone undefeated, but we only have 4 National Championships. You don't proclaim yourself champion these days, for a variety of reasons. So if you really want to be in contention, join a good conference so you can play a good schedule, or schedule good teams outside of conference and don't duck the games.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Loved his commentary about UCF at the end, LOL. For real. Georgia Tech has over 20 seasons where we've lost once or gone undefeated, but we only have 4 National Championships. You don't proclaim yourself champion these days, for a variety of reasons. So if you really want to be in contention, join a good conference so you can play a good schedule, or schedule good teams outside of conference and don't duck the games.
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I don't think South Carolina will ever go back to the way it was under spurrier in his prime, but you are right about the other two especially Florida. I have a feeling Dan Mullen will be a big time championship contender at Florida. I also think you're right that he's not gonna do much with the talent or else he wouldn't have gone 8-5 his first year when he had a lot of talent but he is recruiting above what Mark Richt ever did.

Maybe, maybe not. It would seem that "Champ" has learned a few things from his first go around at UF. I am not saying South Carolina is a sleeping giant like Florida but I can promise you that they will prove to be troublesome to anyone that takes them lightly.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Maybe, maybe not. It would seem that "Champ" has learned a few things from his first go around at UF. I am not saying South Carolina is a sleeping giant like Florida but I can promise you that they will prove to be troublesome to anyone that takes them lightly.

I think both South Carolina and Tennessee will finish 7-5 and be tied for 2nd place in the SEC East in 2018.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
So, in news that should surprise no one, the Bama player who lost his mind on the sidelines (including going after a coach) during the national title game has transferred ...

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/a...ekhi-brown-restrained-title-game-transferred/

The cutest part is that he transferred to TennSt which had to discipline a player for knocking out a coach on the sidelines. Birds of a feather?
I guess the TSU head football coach should wear a helmet in 2018;)

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
So, in news that should surprise no one, the Bama player who lost his mind on the sidelines (including going after a coach) during the national title game has transferred ...

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/a...ekhi-brown-restrained-title-game-transferred/

The cutest part is that he transferred to TennSt which had to discipline a player for knocking out a coach on the sidelines. Birds of a feather?

I guess he won his first and last national championship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk