The Lists

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Bill Self is a choker in the tournament. Not that I wouldn't take him gladly but for the talent he gets it's interesting how often they get bounced earlier than they probably should.

Haha What would be acceptable?

3-S16
6-E8
1-NCRU
1-NCAA Championship

Lost in the first round (the real first round) twice in the past 18 seasons.

This does no say choker to me

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I'm not saying his body of work is unacceptable. I guess I'm just saying if I was a Kansas fan I think I'd feel like we should have won another championship or two with some of the squads he's had.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I know what you're saying. Just amused me is all. The one and done stuff has hurt him like others. But I'd be willing to wager if HS able were able to go straight to the NBA Self would have more rings.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Why do I get the impression that @forensicbuzz does't know what tic (tongue in cheek) means? Or is he tic when he types tic?
As is often the case, @AE 87 's impressions are incorrect. Not only do I understand the definition, but I've used it in proper context.

If he/she actually thinks I truly feel we're bringing in Thad Matta, Bill Self or Tom Crean, and that my 2nd tier guys are everyone else's 1st tier guys, then. . .well, I'll leave it at that.

Why does @AE 87 feel the need to try to make himself/herself look smarter at someone else's expense? All it does is make him/her look crass and tends to derail a thread instead of stimulating useful dialogue.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
As is often the case, @AE 87 's impressions are incorrect. Not only do I understand the definition, but I've used it in proper context.

If he/she actually thinks I truly feel we're bringing in Thad Matta, Bill Self or Tom Crean, and that my 2nd tier guys are everyone else's 1st tier guys, then. . .well, I'll leave it at that.

Why does @AE 87 feel the need to try to make himself/herself look smarter at someone else's expense? All it does is make him/her look crass and tends to derail a thread instead of stimulating useful dialogue.

Thanks, Francis. I apologize. I should've put (tic) after my post. I sometimes forget who the sensitive fonts are.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
A close friend here in Oriental is a KU fan. When I shared this with him he got a huge grin going and said, " They are crazy to think KU fans are unhappy with Self. We were unhappy with Williams though."

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Self's one championship was the result of being clutch, not choking... took down 1-seed UNC in the Final 4 followed by PayPal Cal and Derrick Rose's Memphis squad, who was favored, on the back of a Mario Chalmers 3 at the buzzer in regulation.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Thanks, Francis. I apologize. I should've put (tic) after my post. I sometimes forget who the sensitive fonts are.

My ears are ringing ....

Seriously though, due to timing, I imagine whoever we're targeting is still coaching. Can anyone confirm the job has/hasn't been officially posted as open yet? I'm under the impression that they can't announce a hire until that happens, thus the job being posted is an indicator that a decision has been made.

On another note, anybody got a totally off the wall choice that hasn't been stated yet?

Chattjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I've got an off the wall choice, but he doesn't meet the criteria MBob stated with prior had coaching experience. Ime Udoka. Doesn't make alot of sense for GT and would be very risky as a first time head coach with no college coaching experience. But he has a lot of buzz as being a bright up and coming guy in the NBA. Definitely has the pedigree in coaching under Popovich.

You wanted off the wall :)

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Chris Holtmann
Chris Holtmann
Chris Holtmann
Chris Holtmann
Chris Holtmann
Chris Holtmann

... is that enough?

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Well fair enough. Like I said I'd die for what he's done there here but it's different expectations.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
We hire Geno then we have the "eff what you think" duo of a woman's coach and an "old fashioned" FB coach.

Bring on the haters.