The Lists

Kmag

Jolly Good Fellow
Just heard Kelly Quinlin on 92.9 and I think I heard him say that Mack has said no thanks. That's my number 1 guy too.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I'm hearing a lot of people say Jeff Capel as a candidate. Someone sell him to me,because I'm struggling to see a reason to get excited with him?

Has obvious familiarity with the ACC and he did pretty well at OU before the wheels came off in year 4 from factors not really in his control, and those factors you can't really project to follow him wherever he lands. IMO not my number one choice but a clear upgrade with a high upside.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
Second round of NCAA's is the old first round. First round is now play in games. So all but 4 teams make the second round. Unless something has changed.

But regardless I think we could do a lot worse than Drew, looking at our last hire, but he has shown to be the best coach in his league, 4/5 times 1st place in regular season. No ties to the ACC or Atlanta regions which is why he's a little down the list imo, but not a bad hire. That being said I do hope we land a little flashier hire.

His wife was a Falcon's cheerleader.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
i was thinking about how this may play out.

imo it will be quick and short. mbob has had a year to make a list and had the past season to verify his list.

it would not surprise me at all if we are all caught off guard with the hire. if that happens look for it to be good hire. i am hoping it does not turn out to be a long drawn out affair played in the media. just my opinion an i could be wrong.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
i was thinking about how this may play out.

imo it will be quick and short. mbob has had a year to make a list and had the past season to verify his list.

it would not surprise me at all if we are all caught off guard with the hire. if that happens look for it to be good hire. i am hoping it does not turn out to be a long drawn out affair played in the media. just my opinion an i could be wrong.
I agree...think the hire will be better than most think

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
what does scare me about him is he does have a losing record at USC

Kevin O'Niell (sp?)ran that program down pretty fast. Plus the OJ Mayo thing (did they lose schollies?)

Enfield plays a style that would be appealing to ATL kids (dunk city) and he did a nice job getting a lot of talent at USCw. Also brought in a high level Xfer (Rheinhart) which is important nowadays. He got them back into the tourney this year where they did everything except win the game.

He's number 3 on my list but only because I think he's the least likely of the 3. But, I would be all the way on board if he decided he wanted to be here (or there, because I am not actually there, I'm here) I'd have him and Drew and 2A and 2B.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Okay, here's my list of high-profile, big names that want to come to a hot-bed of recruiting and compete in the ACC against the best coaching in the land [tic]:

Bill Self
Thad Matta
Tom Crean

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Okay, here's my list of high-profile, big names that want to come to a hot-bed of recruiting and compete in the ACC against the best coaching in the land [tic]:

Bill Self
Thad Matta
Tom Crean
I am sure these unproven mid-west coaches could not recruit in Georgia. Strike them off your list. All three failed to reach the Final Four this year. Such failures.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Bill Self is a choker in the tournament. Not that I wouldn't take him gladly but for the talent he gets it's interesting how often they get bounced earlier than they probably should.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
FWIW, MBob was the AD that hired Matta at Xavier

Another thing to think about w.r.t. Mack, the XU AD's name has been floated out as a potential candidate to replace the AD at Purdue who's set to retire in 2017. Just something to think about. There's been on official denial by Mack as of today. Just 'reports' of a denial.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Another thing to think about w.r.t. Mack, the XU AD's name has been floated out as a potential candidate to replace the AD at Purdue who's set to retire in 2017. Just something to think about. There's been on official denial by Mack as of today. Just 'reports' of a denial.
My fficial 2nd tier: (tic)

Mack
Marshall
Miller(s)