1-Thad Matta

The "Make em say no" list

1-Chris Mack (already declined)
2-Archie Miller
3- Ed Cooley
4-Will Wade

The "Our Next Coach is probably on this list" list
1-Andy Enfield
2-Bryce Drew (I think this is the most obvious, though not a "splash")
3-Kevin Keats
4-Greg Kampe (big jump, big stretch)

LawTalkin Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Make em say no:
Arch Miller
Chris Mack
Gregg Marshall
Mark Jackson

Next coach:
Andy Enfield
Russell Turner
Kevin Keats (pending clean bill from ncaa)

Not excited by:
Bryce drew
Ron hunter
Mike Brown
Jeff Capel

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
post em.

The "Hey a guy can dream, right?" List

1-Thad Matta

2-Archie Miller
3- Ed Cooley
4-Will Wade

1-Andy Enfield
3-Kevin Keats
I played for Kampe and mentioned his name a month or so ago. Only played a year and a half for him. Great guy and coach. I'd love to see him get a gig at a P5 job but he's been coaching at Oakland for almost 25 years. Greg was also BGs coach at Oakland from 87-90 as well so I think that might make him say thanks but no thanks.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
post em.

The "Hey a guy can dream, right?" List

1-Thad Matta

2-Archie Miller
3- Ed Cooley
4-Will Wade

1-Andy Enfield
3-Kevin Keats
Don't think we are getting Mack, but where do you see that he has already declined?

Kmag

Jolly Good Fellow
Bryce Drew looks good to me. He's been a consistent winner. Won his conference regular season 4 times and tournament 2 times out of 5. 2nd round in the ncaa twice. Gregory only won his conference once. Looks like it'd be a great hire to me. Of course I'd still aim for Mack, Marshall, or Miller first.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
When did Bryce Drew become the most likely? Never heard of him before watching this years NIT

Remember the buzzer-beating, full court pass, jump pass for 3 for Valpo to beat Ole Miss years ago. They still play it during the tourney every year. That was him. Played for his dad, and later was named as his replacement. Has balled out since.

Kmag

Jolly Good Fellow
Also message boards from that school are worried. When we hired Gregory Dayton was celebrating.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Bryce Drew looks good to me. He's been a consistent winner. Won his conference regular season 4 times and tournament 2 times out of 5. 2nd round in the ncaa twice. Gregory only won his conference once. Looks like it'd be a great hire to me. Of course I'd still aim for Mack, Marshall, or Miller first.

Second round of NCAA's is the old first round. First round is now play in games. So all but 4 teams make the second round. Unless something has changed.

But regardless I think we could do a lot worse than Drew, looking at our last hire, but he has shown to be the best coach in his league, 4/5 times 1st place in regular season. No ties to the ACC or Atlanta regions which is why he's a little down the list imo, but not a bad hire. That being said I do hope we land a little flashier hire.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Second round of NCAA's is the old first round. First round is now play in games. So all but 4 teams make the second round. Unless something has changed.

But regardless I think we could do a lot worse than Drew, looking at our last hire, but he has shown to be the best coach in his league, 4/5 times 1st place in regular season. No ties to the ACC or Atlanta regions which is why he's a little down the list imo, but not a bad hire. That being said I do hope we land a little flashier hire.

They changed it back this year

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Would be happy list:
1- Marshall
2 - Mack
3 - Miller ( although taking back 2 back from Dayton seems weird)

The "eh" list
1- Drew
2 - wade
3 - amaker

The do not want list
1- capel
2 - hunter
3 - any of the re-tread pro coaches, brown/Jackson/etc

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I think people have given up trying to lure MF out of Spokane. He has reached legendary status there. Doubt he ever leaves

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Mack has not declined despite what others are saying. I feel very confident in MBOB and this being his decision. He is a basketball guy and no one can argue his record of hiring coaches both men and women hoops. I think anyone thinking it will be a tech guy (Price or Neal) will be disappointed. We need the best guy possible no matter what.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I like Bryce Drew. Not only because he has a good track record at Valparaiso, but think of all the buzz he would bring because of his Hollywood connections! (his father- in-law played Little Ricky Ricardo on I Love Lucy :woot:).

scotts

Jolly Good Fellow
I would like Mack but I thought he recently signed an extension to his contract that keeps him there thru 2021. What is his buyout?