The Handshake

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
OMG !! Let's move on .......Who's your favorite recruit/transfer ? Who has the best chance to make an immediate impact ? Do you think CGC will make staff cnanges ? No PKs recruited, are we set there ? Who will replace Curry at LB?......soooo much to discuss rather than " the handshake", amiright ?
FYI, I hope you know my whole post was sarcasm at this whole stupid thing

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
No, it makes CGC look petty. We can spin it any way we want as GT homers, but the perception out there is our coach was a sore loser and was acting petulantly.
If Nardouchie had succeeded in stopping Collins from his forward progress and forced him to stop and talk to him how would that have looked for Collins? Weak.

PS who fcking cares at this point

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
No, it makes CGC look petty. We can spin it any way we want as GT homers, but the perception out there is our coach was a sore loser and was acting petulantly.
We have to agree to disagree. I think Narducci trying to grab and hold onto Collins' hand as he's pulling away is a **** move to try to force Collins' attention. Classic control move. Kind of like "squeeze and pull."

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck

disgusted steve carell GIF

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Remember the Yetman?
The request isn’t difficult to fulfill — wear white to the game.

But plenty of Georgia Tech fans say they will resist the “Whiteout” for Tech’s game against Miami tonight at Bobby Dodd Stadium.

Some fans say they won’t wear white, despite the fact that their school is asking them to, and it’s one of Tech’s official colors, along with gold.

“Absolutely, which baffles me,” said David Pritchett, a Tech alum and season-ticket holder for more than 10 years. “What are they trying to prove?”

Some fans estimate that as few as 50 percent of the 49,000 will comply, which would color the whiteout a failure.

Tony Yetman of Kennesaw will wear his gold Tech sweatshirt, and he said most of the Tech fans he knows think wearing white is “just a silly thing to do.”
Said Yetman, “I view it as being a stunt that, candidly, I would have thought our school was above, especially after you saw the way the most recent blackout worked in Athens.”

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Still don’t care except I’m embarrassed he’s a Tech grad if he took the time to write that condescending email.
The handshake gave me about 30 seconds of heartburn because I knew ESPN would play it up to get clicks.

When I saw the "apology" letter I immediately thought, "Another Coach Johnson devotee." The last line asking Todd to not let it slide is the give away.

CheCha54

Georgia Tech Fan
In a year that brings financial challenges to the program Coach Collins actions will have an negative impact on fund raising. He is the Icon for all Tech athletics and to behave this way hurts the entire organization.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Does juice matter? yes, yes it does, especially to young players But, does decorum matter, especially to older people with $$? yes, yes it does.

With that said, I am tired of this discussion as well - it is over, mistake was made, and now it is time to put it into the past, hopefully. It isn't the only mistake that has been made so far - just don't repeat them.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
We have to agree to disagree. I think Narducci trying to grab and hold onto Collins' hand as he's pulling away is a **** move to try to force Collins' attention. Classic control move. Kind of like "squeeze and pull."

I agree that Narducci made it worse. Still doesn't make CGC right. Possible for two parties to handle something poorly.