The Handshake

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
that was an awesome adventure!!
I'd even go back to Detroit:)
I was really disappointed the Acc backed out of that bowl. It’s set up really well and there’s a lot to do around Ford Field. The only issue is the date.... Dec 26 for a team from the south isnt ideal. Nor is it really for anyone. Play that game on the 27-29th and it’s a big draw ticket wise. I’ll definitely be in south bend next November and ATL for a game early in the year.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I didn't have a problem with it personally, but I did have a problem with his response.... If he really wasn't upset he would have turned around when Narduzzi grabbed his hand... He was obviously pissed at something. He should have just said no comment and just go on to the next question and not be a pu** about it.
I think I mentioned it before but Narduzi really is a piece of ****. He helped cover for a lot of the kids on his side of the ball at Mich St with sexual abuse and other assault charges while he was their. Dantonio got the heat but Narduzi got out just in time. There’s a reason the big money guys didn’t push for him to get the job when it opened. And as much as I call Michigan the Uga of the north with on field results, Mich St is the equivalent to the Mutts off the field.

eetech

Jolly Good Fellow
Tbh, the Stoops thing is a completely different beast. One of Kentuckys players was hurt, and Stoops was more worried about barking at our players, and CPJ had enough.
Berating a ****ty coach in his face is a completely different look than not being able to look the coach of the team that just beat yours in the eye while shaking their hand.

Whatever you may think about the decorum and civility of the 2 actions and how important it is, what is undeniable is that shouting down an opposing coach face to face looks strong, while not even being able to look a coach who you lost to in the eye looks weak.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Berating a ****ty coach in his face is a completely different look than not being able to look the coach of the team that just beat yours in the eye while shaking their hand.

Whatever you may think about the decorum and civility of the 2 actions and how important it is, what is undeniable is that shouting down an opposing coach face to face looks strong, while not even being able to look a coach who you lost to in the eye looks weak.
You guys are making way too much of this. His not being able to look Narducci in the eye is your interpretation. Mine is that Collins had more important things to do than a perfunctory handshake in these unprecedented times.

It doesn't make him look weak. It doesn't make Narducci look strong. It makes Narducci look jilted because Collins didn't respect him enough to give him more than a passing notice. If anything, it makes Narducci look bad, and Collins like he has more important things to do.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
You guys are making way too much of this. His not being able to look Narducci in the eye is your interpretation. Mine is that Collins had more important things to do than a perfunctory handshake in these unprecedented times.

It doesn't make him look weak. It doesn't make Narducci look strong. It makes Narducci look jilted because Collins didn't respect him enough to give him more than a passing notice. If anything, it makes Narducci look bad, and Collins like he has more important things to do.
Everyone else in the country has forgot about it except us. But maybe we are holding his feet to the fire because he wants excellence in everything and he failed terrible at the handshake. :) Or we got nothing much better to do so why not.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
Everyone else in the country has forgot about it except us. But maybe we are holding his feet to the fire because he wants excellence in everything and he failed terrible at the handshake. :) Or we got nothing much better to do so why not.
OMG !! Let's move on .......Who's your favorite recruit/transfer ? Who has the best chance to make an immediate impact ? Do you think CGC will make staff cnanges ? No PKs recruited, are we set there ? Who will replace Curry at LB?......soooo much to discuss rather than " the handshake", amiright ?

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

No, it makes CGC look petty. We can spin it any way we want as GT homers, but the perception out there is our coach was a sore loser and was acting petulantly.

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
handshake.jpg

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Yeah. It didn't make the national media or anything.

Will anyone care next year? Likely not, but people cared enough to make it news for a few days.

Next year? People stopped even pretending to care by the saturday after it happened, and the biggest response outside of the fanbase wasn't thinking he was a sore loser or anything along those lines it was just curiosity about what happened to cause that.