The Handshake

zzzboy25

Georgia Tech Fan
Collins is passive aggressive. Instead of laying into refs or his players, he pulls a childish stunt. The guy needs to man up, stop being a p**sy and get into people's faces. That was embarrassing to the team, the program, the fans and himself. Sorry to be blunt... But, instead and throwing a temper tantrum, try learning how to coach and manage a football game.
Thank you, if I said that, people on here would say be nice: you said that because of this and that. I've been trying to say this for a minute because I saw his character early on...

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
It's the day after Xmas. Was there something that involved the HC recently that had the possibility of closing down the program?

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Just saw Billy Napier speak to a player the way he should be spoken to when making a stupid, selfish penalty. The WR caught a TD pass, and then decided to spin the ball and dance. It was a 15 yard unsportsmanlike, and Napier, went straight to him, let him have it in a respectful, non-overly dramatic way. But, you could tell he explained to him STERNLY that it was a selfish decision and it better not happen again. This is how I believe discipline has to be applied - immediately and sternly. I believe Coach Choice would apply it that way, if it was needed, but I still don't believe CGC likes any direct conflict, even when it is necessary. We will see, and I am sure many of you will say, "but you don't know what happens in practice?" Well, you are right, but I believe it is important sometimes to have the discussion RIGHT then.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Just saw Billy Napier speak to a player the way he should be spoken to when making a stupid, selfish penalty. The WR caught a TD pass, and then decided to spin the ball and dance. It was a 15 yard unsportsmanlike, and Napier, went straight to him, let him have it in a respectful, non-overly dramatic way. But, you could tell he explained to him STERNLY that it was a selfish decision and it better not happen again. This is how I believe discipline has to be applied - immediately and sternly. I believe Coach Choice would apply it that way, if it was needed, but I still don't believe CGC likes any direct conflict, even when it is necessary. We will see, and I am sure many of you will say, "but you don't know what happens in practice?" Well, you are right, but I believe it is important sometimes to have the discussion RIGHT then.
Which also probably happens and you don’t see it. It’s not like you can see what happens after every play and definitely can’t hear it. B

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
As to "right then," I once saw Bobby Knight use all his first half timeouts in the first five minutes of a game with Kentucky. Because that was his M.O.: fix a problem when it occurs, and not at practice the next day.

I still have my fingers crossed with Collins, but I don't know. That handshake nonsense was uncalled for, a spoil sport whine, and that it came from a grown man who, after all, has lost before, was disconcerting.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
As to "right then," I once saw Bobby Knight use all his first half timeouts in the first five minutes of a game with Kentucky. Because that was his M.O.: fix a problem when it occurs, and not at practice the next day.

I still have my fingers crossed with Collins, but I don't know. That handshake nonsense was uncalled for, a spoil sport whine, and that it came from a grown man who, after all, has lost before, was disconcerting.
The “handshake” was meaningless and the only people making a big deal out of it are either looking for an issue or those who think too much about trivial stuff. It’s over and nobody cares except some people on this board. FWIW I haven’t seen anything on other Tech boards since about 2 days afterwards.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
I have seen Collins talking to a player after making a stupid penalty. Maybe was not as demonstrative as some would like but I have seen him do it.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
That handshake nonsense was uncalled for, a spoil sport whine, and that it came from a grown man who, after all, has lost before, was disconcerting.
No doubt had any other coach done it, this board would be all over it in near unanimity.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
If any other coach had done it nobody here would care much less have a 3 week old topic still going on about it.
Numerous people on here would have commented on it, and almost all who did would have condemned it.

Selah.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Everyone needs to stop making these kinds of comments (going both ways). They're unproductive and approaches trolling because everyone knows it will invoke a strong response.
Trolling? That's what you call the truth? I simply pointed out a fact.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Trolling? That's what you call the truth? I simply pointed out a fact.
I'm not saying you're incorrect in what you said, but you know as well as I that this comment is going to turn this thread into a CPJ/CGC argument that has corrupted many other threads. Besides, you didn't point out a fact. You stated an opinion about what might have happened. Your truth isn't necessarily someone else's truth, and yes, I think you made the comment to troll those that you're describing.