The Great Chicken Debate (Spinoff from Khavon Moore thread)

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
If you haven’t participated in heated exchange about Popeyes’ new chicken sandwich, you need to get with it

FYI I have not participated in heated exchange. Anyone have an opinion?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
If you're in a rush, Publix actually has some good $8 fried chicken, and their rotisserie chicken is also good. If you have a family, or you're lazy and don't want to cook, Publix offering of chickens is a life saver.

Popeye definitely has the best "fast food" chicken. BTW...did you know you can get your Thanksgiving and Christmas Turkey from Popeyes? Give it a try, one of the best Turkeys you will ever pay for. I kid you not...you wonder why didn't buy your turkey from there all these years.

KFC grilled chicken is actually VERY good.

IMO, anyone who tries to market "gourmet" fried chicken misses the point. Fried chicken should remain a greasy low fare pleasure like the Big Buford at Checkers.

KFC sucks. If you are gonna but it instead of fry it yourself....get Bojangles or Popeyes.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I was out & about and near the local Popeye's this afternoon. When I walked up to it, there was a mob inside and the line was 1 person away from being out the door.

I did not stay to try it out.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I was out & about and near the local Popeye's this afternoon. When I walked up to it, there was a mob inside and the line was 1 person away from being out the door.

I did not stay to try it out.

Supposedly the new chicken sandwiches are causing chaos. I need someone here to give a review.

GTBandman

Jolly Good Fellow
Went by the Popeye's in Newnan today. Had signs in windows for new sandwich but they posted they had run out on menu board in drive thru.

The more good alternatives for fried chicken or tenders the better as far I'm concerned. Same as BBQ. Bring it on!

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I drove thru Popeyes the other day before this debate even occurred and grabbed the spicy chicken sandwich. I thought it was way too salty and nothing special. Was completely shocked a few days later to see this was even a debate. Kind of thinking of trying it again to see if I just had a bad one now.

Now is we're talking straight to fried chicken:
tenor.gif

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I think the elephant in the room is that we are talking fried chicken, but no one is willing to talk about chicken wings.

Korean buffalo wings. Seriously...they are friggin amazing. Most likely only available in hole in the wall places located in shady neighborhoods...but holy crap they are worth it.

You remember that scene in Pulp Fiction where Mia Wallace makes a big deal about getting that $5 milkshake (BTW, a $5 milkshake is not a big deal these days)? That's me with Korean buffalo wings.

If you live in the Metro Atl area and want to know where you can get them, I know them all like Tesla owners know charging stations.