The Great Chicken Debate (Spinoff from Khavon Moore thread)

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
If you're in a rush, Publix actually has some good $8 fried chicken, and their rotisserie chicken is also good. If you have a family, or you're lazy and don't want to cook, Publix offering of chickens is a life saver.

Popeye definitely has the best "fast food" chicken. BTW...did you know you can get your Thanksgiving and Christmas Turkey from Popeyes? Give it a try, one of the best Turkeys you will ever pay for. I kid you not...you wonder why didn't buy your turkey from there all these years.

KFC grilled chicken is actually VERY good.

IMO, anyone who tries to market "gourmet" fried chicken misses the point. Fried chicken should remain a greasy low fare pleasure like the Big Buford at Checkers.
Publix chicken tenders are super ****ing good. I actually have never been to Mary Macs and I have heard good things and am sure I would like it...but whenever im by Mary Macs I go to Papis bc they have the best cuban sandwich ever and the mango milkshake....Wow. One of the best sandwichs in the sandwich game hands down

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Publix chicken tenders are super ****ing good. I actually have never been to Mary Macs and I have heard good things and am sure I would like it...but whenever im by Mary Macs I go to Papis bc they have the best cuban sandwich ever and the mango milkshake....Wow. One of the best sandwichs in the sandwich game hands down
I think I now know what I'm having for dinner tonight.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

I've always wanted to try that place...usually when walking to my car after Mary Mac's. Your approval of Papis is gonna force me to do it.

If you love Southern cooking, Mary Mac's is a must...if you live in Atlanta there's no excuse.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
I've always wanted to try that place...usually when walking to my car after Mary Mac's. Your approval of Papis is gonna force me to do it.

If you love Southern cooking, Mary Mac's is a must...if you live in Atlanta there's no excuse.
I would go there if it wasnt across the street from Papis, I cant get myself to go somewhere else if im right next to Papi haha Papi knows what hes doin in the kitchen

crut

Helluva Engineer
Last year a group of friends and I held a bracket based competition for chicken tenders from fast food restaurants. We seeded the 16 restaurants based on a committee-type format, and then had every person try the chicken for each matchup (except for in the 1st round, in which we split up and only half the people did each matchup). The undeniable results are here:

uVRHJ

13 seed Hardee's was definitely the Cinderella story of the tournament. Crushed blue blood Zaxby's 8-1 in the Final Four.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Last year a group of friends and I held a bracket based competition for chicken tenders from fast food restaurants. We seeded the 16 restaurants based on a committee-type format, and then had every person try the chicken for each matchup (except for in the 1st round, in which we split up and only half the people did each matchup). The undeniable results are here:

uVRHJ

13 seed Hardee's was definitely the Cinderella story of the tournament. Crushed blue blood Zaxby's 8-1 in the Final Four.

Anyone who considers chicken tenders to be anything other than emergency rations should be disqualified from serious fried chicken discussion. I thought people older than 12 couldn't order off the kids menu.

crut

Helluva Engineer
Anyone who considers chicken tenders to be anything other than emergency rations should be disqualified from serious fried chicken discussion. I thought people older than 12 couldn't order off the kids menu.
Dude chicken fingers are on the adult menu of almost every American restaurant. Get outta here with this BS, chicken tenders are amazing.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck

uVRHJ

I dont get how Publix lost...

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch

uVRHJ

Chicken Finger hate will not be tolerated on this board.

Sidenote: The committee screwed over Cookout. They are taking over the south and colleges everywhere. The 4.99 tray is unbeatable....well, right after chick-fil-a.

crut

Helluva Engineer
Chicken Finger hate will not be tolerated on this board.

Sidenote: The committee screwed over Cookout. They are taking over the south and colleges everywhere. The 4.99 tray is unbeatable....well, right after chick-fil-a.

We didn't consider prices. That cheapness of Cookout could give it a boost for overall experience, but this was a taste test only. And it's wellll below many others in that department.

I dont get how Publix lost...

I think a lot of us went in thinking Publix had a shot to go far, but we were all surprised how Publix was no where near as good as some of the others. Also didn't help they faced Hardee's in the 1st round which turned out to be really good.