The Great Chicken Debate (Spinoff from Khavon Moore thread)

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Last year a group of friends and I held a bracket based competition for chicken tenders from fast food restaurants. We seeded the 16 restaurants based on a committee-type format, and then had every person try the chicken for each matchup (except for in the 1st round, in which we split up and only half the people did each matchup). The undeniable results are here:

uVRHJ

13 seed Hardee's was definitely the Cinderella story of the tournament. Crushed blue blood Zaxby's 8-1 in the Final Four.

Any evaluation of chicken fingers that does not include Guthrie's is an epic fail.

crut

Helluva Engineer
Any evaluation of chicken fingers that does not include Guthrie's is an epic fail.
It didn't pass our qualification criteria. Had to have at least 5 locations within 50 miles of Midtown Atlanta. Same reason we didn't do Raisin' Canes

Milwaukee

Banned
Last year a group of friends and I held a bracket based competition for chicken tenders from fast food restaurants. We seeded the 16 restaurants based on a committee-type format, and then had every person try the chicken for each matchup (except for in the 1st round, in which we split up and only half the people did each matchup). The undeniable results are here:

uVRHJ

13 seed Hardee's was definitely the Cinderella story of the tournament. Crushed blue blood Zaxby's 8-1 in the Final Four.

This. Is. Awesome.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
It didn't pass our qualification criteria. Had to have at least 5 locations within 50 miles of Midtown Atlanta. Same reason we didn't do Raisin' Canes
The point is moot.

Guthrie's is unequivocally the ultimate in chicken finger delight (at least about 1:30 on a Sunday afternoon in Auburn after the Saturday night before...well, it was in 1987).

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.

uVRHJ

I can't even take anything in this thread serious now. Hardee's chicken tenders are turrible.

crut

Helluva Engineer
No. They have this weird air pocket between the breading and chicken too. It's just not good. It's actually harder to get them not fresh because they're usually made on order.
Dude. They are good. 8-1 over Zaxby's